Who Cares about what they Eat? - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Off-Topic Discussions > Fitness Fanatics

Fitness Fanatics The place to discuss information on the latest workout programs, diets, nutrition and weight lifting.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-24-2011, 03:45 PM   #61
ElectricAL
Focus Addict

Fan#: 71376
What I Drive: 2005 Silver ST

FF Reputation: 2 ElectricAL Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynotthinkwhynot View Post
I've recently discovered that if you purchase a juicer to make your own veggie juice- aka Gerson Diet- then you can't go cheap......
I just wanted everyone to know that because regardless of what Jack LaLaane says on info-mercials: centrifugal juicers are worthless for healthy living and cancer therapy. You're better off just drinking V8- which is not too bad if you can't manage appropriate veggies during your daily habits.
See! That's why when you hook up the juicer to your drivewheels, you HAVE to keep it in the lower gears!

(Just watch somebody take me seriously there) Good info! I'll keep that in mind if n when I go for a juicer. Since I last scoped out the thread, I have done a little more research... but not much. I queued up "Food Inc" and "The Future of Food" on Netflix but haven't quite gotten around to watching them yet... Other than that, I did learn about a brain-booster cocktail supplement called (wait for it)...

FOCUS FAST!! I mean, come on! What could be a more appropriate supplement for people that like to hang out on this forum? I still haven't pulled the trigger on the order, though. Sometimes my research is SLOOOOW before I get around to making a decision. Stay tuned!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2011, 04:20 PM   #62
eazyrider_tim
Focus Addict

Fan#: 7011
What I Drive: 2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SES Gloss Black

FF Reputation: 2 eazyrider_tim Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Focus Fast, hahaha...sounds like a personal lubricant.

I do have to report creatine and multi vitamins go very well together.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:11 PM   #63
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricAL View Post
I queued up "Food Inc" and "The Future of Food" on Netflix but haven't quite gotten around to watching them yet.
"Food Matters", "The Beautiful Truth", and "The Gerson Miracle" are on there as well. I was slightly disappointed about the comment in The Gerson Miracle about Norman Walker, inventor of the Norwalk juicer and proponent of a raw food diet, supposedly living to 117 when Wiki says he only lived to 99. Incorrect information in a production detracts from any worthwhile information in it. My grandmother is on her way to being 100, and she was a smoker for 30 years. Still 99 years of age is incredible enough.

<--- y'all gotta watch Fritz The Cat too if you have Netflix while it's still on there before it disappears like "Superfly"

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:17 PM   #64
SVTflyer03
RB25 = Amazing

Fan#: 62344
What I Drive: 2003 Infra Red SVT ZX5, 1991 240sx

FF Reputation: 5 SVTflyer03 Good Standing Member
I try to watch what I eat like crazy. More or less just to eat healthier.

I tried doing "diets" to lose some weight but I couldn't ever stick with it. What I found that works the best is strictly "Portion control" If I used to eat 1 whole sandwich and chips, I would eat half a sandwich and SOME chips.

SVTf 5-door #892 out of about 2200

Hi
Old 01-25-2011, 09:22 AM   #65
eazyrider_tim
Focus Addict

Is there anything out there on the market to SLOW DOWN your metabolism?
Old 01-25-2011, 03:00 PM   #66
ElectricAL
Focus Addict

Fan#: 71376
What I Drive: 2005 Silver ST

FF Reputation: 2 ElectricAL Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
^ Good question. Maybe but I don't know. Of course most people are trying to do just the opposite.

On another note, I saw The Beautiful Truth and all I can say is "wow." Some of that was stuff that I knew to some degree, but that was eye opening... and a good documentary story to boot.

It really confirms (for me) that big business and greed have largely corrupted health care (not entirely).
Old 01-25-2011, 03:14 PM   #67
eazyrider_tim
Focus Addict

I have to check that out, I am at the office. Is it on Hulu or Youtube? I can't find a bittorrent for it.

On topic, I eat 6 times a day now. Every 2 hrs, starting at 8am CST.....ending at 6pm CST.....then again, I do eat a snack after "relaxation time" after the kids go to bed. So, 7 times a day on average. I found out eating once a day aint too good for you, even if you aren't hungry.

Its working.....I just hate being full all the time. I'm weird I know, I know, I know.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:29 PM   #68
jmiller_1974
Flipping Rockstar

Fan#: 57165
What I Drive: Black 02 SVT #2998

FF Reputation: 28 jmiller_1974 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Eating 6-7 times a day isn't a bad thing, but maybe smaller portions would help keep You sated instead of full all the time. Even a 10-15% reduction in portion size could make a drastic difference in Your overall energy levels(assuming You get lethargic after a big meal, like I do). A snack after dark isn't terrible, but I have found(at least for Myself) that I sleep with any calories I take in after dark, instead of hopefully burning 'em off.

Oh, and I moved this thread to Our shiny, new "Fitness Fanatics" Forum!
Old 01-25-2011, 03:48 PM   #69
mikemounlio
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 81025
What I Drive: white 1991 festiva (no heat)

FF Reputation: 1 mikemounlio Good Standing Member
Would you put an octane booster that your local car guy made in his garage in you car? I would NOT. Sure he may tell you whats in it but did you see him make it? Do you really know what is in it?

If you cant trust your local car guy to make you an octane booster for your car why would you trust a company that only cares about money to make food for you?

You wanna do a little science project
Go buy a mcdonalds happy meal and sit it on a shelf. See how long it takes to go bad.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot...for-six-months

I would not put his octane booster in my car. Here is the big kicker- If it broke my car i can just get another one. I dont think i have enough money to buy a new body tho.

Not tryin to be a jerk JMO
Old 01-25-2011, 03:53 PM   #70
mikemounlio
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 81025
What I Drive: white 1991 festiva (no heat)

FF Reputation: 1 mikemounlio Good Standing Member
I know a bunch of people take joy in eating food. I am one of them, but you gotta know what you are eating. I may be a health nut but i can tell you i feel great right now.

I take pleasure in other things in life. I use food to keep me alive and healthy. Now dont get me wrong i eat stuff that i have no clue whats in it all the time but i try to watch it as much as i can.

Bookmarks & Social Networks