So i finally got beat at our track.... - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-07-2010, 09:12 AM   #1
focuzed1
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 10722
What I Drive: 2002 liquid grey zx3

FF Reputation: 16 focuzed1 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
So i finally got beat at our track....

Like it says I finally had a car show up that I couldnt catch no matter how hard I tried..

Not trying to make excuses but I think it would have been alot better of a race if I change my plugs.. The last 3 tanks I have averaged 17mpg at best.. And the car does feel a bit sluggish on the high setting.. Plus when I start it it runs a bit rough for a bit... Im going to change the plugs today and hope it goes back to running good again..

But back to the car that beat me.. Your gonna laugh.. Of all the cars i have raced.. Viper trucks, porsche 911 twin turbos, skyline gtrs, zo6 vetts, 600cc sport bikes ect.. ect... Not a one could catch me and suddenly I meat up with a yellow 1988 or 89 Volkswagon gti.. Ok now before you all have a heart attack he had it built with a vr6 swapped and boosted up to 12psi on a .82mm turbo.. haha.. He estimates around 350whp and 380-400 wtq.. its completely gutted without even crash bars just 2 seats. he also had d/rs on it and he told me with his drs he runs a 12.0 flat at about 117mph at Darlington.. Here I am full body car full interior with heated power recaro seats. full stereo system with a sub and even the spare tire in the back and on crappy street tires... But he still beat me heads up 4 times.. All by about .5 cars to 1.5 cars.. Even on the high setting I couldnt even start to real him in. He was damn fast.. He said his fastest time was 11.4 in the 1/4 on slicks... He said if I got some good tires he thinks id beat him.. but its finally official... My car is slow again...lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2010, 01:52 PM   #2
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Fan#: 55157
What I Drive: zx3 turbo, kia soul, 71 chevy c/10

FF Reputation: 35 focusmaniaczx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
somehow im not surprised. the fast ones are either cars you take one look at and know they spent over $100,000 on the car or you think its just a five hundred dolla holla. worst butt whooping i ever got was from a K24 swapped geo freaking metro on the bottle. car was beat to hell and didnt look like anything. guy even pulled the o2 sensor and didnt plug the hole so it would sound like garbage. cool guy after he beat my ass and let me take a closer look at his ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I love this big little city HOOTERS !
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!
Old 11-07-2010, 02:51 PM   #3
Buickboy
br/o/stang

Fan#: 28542
What I Drive: 72 Skylark, '12 Mustang

FF Reputation: 39 Buickboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
theres always someone faster lol
Old 11-08-2010, 12:15 AM   #4
focuzed1
Focus Fanatic

so very true... im not mad... thought it was actually kinda funny...although i was out changing my plugs today and noticed that i blew the gasket on my wastegate. the one on the header side.. so that explains why it felt sluggish... i wasnt getting all my boost..so i think im gonna have to try him again..lol
Old 11-22-2010, 07:14 AM   #5
NateV8
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 80649
What I Drive: 2003, ZX5, Gray, Stick

FF Reputation: 1 NateV8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So you beat a bunch of people who don't know how to drive? Z06 run mid 11s bone stock easy with good drivers. SRT10 rams run 13.6 stock at best, porche 911 TT, that's pretty vague seeing they go from mid 13s to mid 11s depending on years, skyline GTRs run mid 13s stock. I wanna drive where you do lol
Old 11-22-2010, 08:03 AM   #6
Peregrine
I.S.A.I.K.I.

Fan#: 6009
What I Drive: '03 CD Silver SVT, '11 Mazda CX-9

FF Reputation: 112 Peregrine Excellent Standing MemberPeregrine Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Is he AWD? I would've checked for that but its probably a redundant question at this point.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:53 AM   #7
WiscoGTI
Turböner

Fan#: 70225
What I Drive: 2002 VW GTI

FF Reputation: 32 WiscoGTI Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Don't feel bad. I got wasted by a '98 Chevy Lumina..
Old 11-27-2010, 05:31 PM   #8
focuzed1
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateV8 View Post
So you beat a bunch of people who don't know how to drive? Z06 run mid 11s bone stock easy with good drivers. SRT10 rams run 13.6 stock at best, porche 911 TT, that's pretty vague seeing they go from mid 13s to mid 11s depending on years, skyline GTRs run mid 13s stock. I wanna drive where you do lol
ok.. not sure who pissed in your cheerios.. but first off.. chill... all those other cars i never said i raced from a dig.. and i dont think you realize just how fast a ford focus with over 400ftlbs of tq can be.. from a dig i cant beat most of them due to i cant hook up.. but im on cheap sh*&&y street tires.. but from a roll so far i have been untouchable.. and just because a focus beat those cars makes you think they dont know how to drive.. that is not always the case.. first off you have to look at power to weight ratios.. i beat all of those cars when it comes to that ratio... so just by physics i am going to be faster.. and evenn so most of them dont have the tq i do to the ground.. and tq is what wins races.. hp just looks good on a dyno.. i have known that for years thats why when i built my car i built it to produce tq.. that is why i have more tq the hp.. and to just give you a rough idea of how quick a 415wtq focus is from a roll go out and try to run with a 2007 cbr600rr that is stretched 4 inches as well as intake and exhaust on his bike and tell me how it goes for you.. i have witnesses and even the bike rider himself which races on a regular basis as well as drives his bike year round due to it being his only vehicle and he couldnt catch me.. but anyways i was just making a statement as to it finally happened at the track because most of the cars we get at our track is hondas with type r swaps or h22 swaps.. i am trying to show people what the focus can do even on pump gas.. there is always gonna be someone faster no matter how fast you get.. and i know that.. but i love the fact that no one ever expects a focus to do that.. so if you have one be proud it can be quick no matter what people say.. if you dont then dont bash or if you want to bash come out here and well do a rolling run just to see if your fast enough...

Quote:
Is he AWD? I would've checked for that but its probably a redundant question at this point.
no he wasnt.. but he had d/r on his car and was alot
lighter...

Quote:
Don't feel bad. I got wasted by a '98 Chevy Lumina..
oh i dont feel bad.. im actually happy.. i know my car is quick but not that quick to be unbeatable..
Old 11-27-2010, 06:10 PM   #9
NateV8
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 80649
What I Drive: 2003, ZX5, Gray, Stick

FF Reputation: 1 NateV8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
What is your average and best trap speed? Just interested is all
Old 11-27-2010, 08:48 PM   #10
mix1983
Life Is Good

Fan#: 61101
What I Drive: 2000 Honda Civic EX 5spd

FF Reputation: 5 mix1983 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I'm sorry, are we talking about your Focus? You've beaten Corvettes and Porsche twin turbos? Got proof? By Viper trucks, do you mean V10 powered trucks? Yeah.... riiiiight.

Bookmarks & Social Networks