Wisconsin People - Page 72 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > Great Lakes Fanatics

Great Lakes Fanatics Serving the Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin regions.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-02-2011, 10:54 PM   #711
TheStig728
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 69997
What I Drive: 2000 Sangria Red SE Wagon

FF Reputation: 1 TheStig728 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
^^ hahahahaha!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2011, 10:57 PM   #712
6SPD_soul
Focus Addict

Fan#: 53637
What I Drive: 2003 Comp Orange EAP SVT

FF Reputation: 24 6SPD_soul Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by infraredsvtf View Post
i'll start the random stuff then.
let the random stuff begin sir!
Old 03-02-2011, 11:03 PM   #713
6SPD_soul
Focus Addict

Actually, I have basic respect for everybody but don't really love any of you. I stole that line from Idiocracy. There's an employee from 2045 Costco that says, "Welcome to Costco, I love you". g hilarious movie, but I should have mentioned somewhere in that post that I was supremely drunk.

But... I seriously love you... Gaybee..
Old 03-02-2011, 11:07 PM   #714
InfraRedSVTF
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17442
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST3/2015 Fiesta ST

FF Reputation: 3 InfraRedSVTF Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Wow, this is overflowing with gayness, and for once, I wasn't involved.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:21 PM   #715
6SPD_soul
Focus Addict

Well, if Gay-B knew a little more about hiding his fear we wouldn't be in this predicament. If he'd spent any real time in jail he'd know better than to let me spell his name like that, punk fish.

On a totally unrelated note, I changed the clutch master cylinder on my car the other day... and it was a total pain in the ass. I went by AllDatas instructions and had to completely pull the brake and clutch pedal set and disconnect all the wiring to that, move the junction box and air filter housing boxes, remove my strut tower brace. It was a never-ending PITA.

The biggest hold up was removing the pedal assembly, which I don't think was truly necessary. The clutch master cylinder is affixed to the pedal assembly by two bolts and kind of boxed in place otherwise, but I think it could have been muscled loose. On the other hand, you have to be able to manipulate the clutch and brake pedals to get the new clutch master cylinder bolted in.

Bottom line, even for a beginner/moderate mechanic it's really not that easy to change the POS, especially if you have never done it before. The how to on here is frankly misleading.

But it works!
Old 03-02-2011, 11:24 PM   #716
TheStig728
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 69997
What I Drive: 2000 Sangria Red SE Wagon

FF Reputation: 1 TheStig728 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
as for random stuff, just got my focus back a few days ago and realized that one of the coolant hoses was rubbin up against the serp belt. now hose has some cuts in it and gotta go buy a new hose for around $30...will the endless cycle of buying parts for this car ever end?!?!!

now that the randomness is taken care of, u can go back to talkin bout all the love in this thread!
Old 03-02-2011, 11:50 PM   #717
WiscoGTI
Turböner

Fan#: 70225
What I Drive: 2002 VW GTI

FF Reputation: 32 WiscoGTI Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
I really wish my fudgin' taxes would come in. It'll have been 2 weeks Saturday since I sent them out. And I need to order my SVT dampers so I can take my lil' bizznitch up by Scott and we can do some work.

But no. Taxes are being slow. falghlkjgjkjl!!!

Might order them before I get my taxes, but I'd like to have that extra $2,100 in the bank.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:52 PM   #718
InfraRedSVTF
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SPD_soul View Post
On a totally unrelated note, I changed the clutch master cylinder on my car the other day... and it was a total pain in the ass. I went by AllDatas instructions and had to completely pull the brake and clutch pedal set and disconnect all the wiring to that, move the junction box and air filter housing boxes, remove my strut tower brace. It was a never-ending PITA.

The biggest hold up was removing the pedal assembly, which I don't think was truly necessary. The clutch master cylinder is affixed to the pedal assembly by two bolts and kind of boxed in place otherwise, but I think it could have been muscled loose. On the other hand, you have to be able to manipulate the clutch and brake pedals to get the new clutch master cylinder bolted in.

Bottom line, even for a beginner/moderate mechanic it's really not that easy to change the POS, especially if you have never done it before. The how to on here is frankly misleading.

But it works!
That is a really easy job, 1/2 hour tops. I have done dozens of them though. Having the right tools helps too.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:11 AM   #719
6SPD_soul
Focus Addict

Do you do anything with the pedal assembly or just disconnect the lines and pull the 2 bolts going to the clutch master cylinder? I did it by Fords instructions and ended up doing a lot of stuff that probably wasn't necessary. I'll probably get another chance to do it again, car only has 55K miles on it.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:25 PM   #720
InfraRedSVTF
Focus Addict

I pull the entire assembly. It is right out in the open, so everything except the lines are really simple. The lines are in a shitty place but with a long pick the clips come pretty easy.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->