So i finally got beat at our track.... - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-29-2010, 11:41 AM   #21
05zx4st
Focus Addict

Fan#: 13439
What I Drive: 2005 infra-red zx4 st

FF Reputation: 1 05zx4st Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
so is claiming power when you dont know what you really make

i dont see you winning against a new c6 z06 from a roll or anywhere,but hey,its the internet. ive messed with cars that run 100+ in the 1/8 mile.they have about 100whp more than you think you have and more tq. about the same weight.
stock c6 z06s put out 460ish whp and close tq. they weigh like 3100 lbs. if you arent trapping 130+ in the 1/4,you arent gonna outrun them anywhere.
i know a guy,has a honda with a b16. makes 700+whp. makes like 400 tq. id put it against a car making 400whp and 700wtq anyday. it ran 9s at 168 mph.
ST CREW #10
ECMOTORSPORTS.com
153whp,155wtq=9.65@74
XXXwhp,XXwtq=9.4@80 on n2o,spraying at 40mph+
totalled
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2010, 04:41 PM   #22
WUGcatsvt
Obama Can't Gymkhana

Fan#: 36697
What I Drive: 02 SVT, 86 BMW E30, 10 VW GTI

FF Reputation: 62 WUGcatsvt Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
LOL... Why is this thread bothering all the V8 fanboys? I want to build my focus now so I can tick them off like you can. :)
gumpcrew#10
Gulf Coast Region #12 - Me-45 DSP
My Girl-451 DSPL
Old 11-29-2010, 09:35 PM   #23
focuzed1
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 10722
What I Drive: 2002 liquid grey zx3

FF Reputation: 16 focuzed1 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05zx4st View Post
so is claiming power when you dont know what you really make

i dont see you winning against a new c6 z06 from a roll or anywhere,but hey,its the internet. ive messed with cars that run 100+ in the 1/8 mile.they have about 100whp more than you think you have and more tq. about the same weight.
stock c6 z06s put out 460ish whp and close tq. they weigh like 3100 lbs. if you arent trapping 130+ in the 1/4,you arent gonna outrun them anywhere.
i know a guy,has a honda with a b16. makes 700+whp. makes like 400 tq. id put it against a car making 400whp and 700wtq anyday. it ran 9s at 168 mph.
why do you say i don't know my power.. i do.. 408whp and 415wtq.. dynoed at Pro-Dyno in Charlotte... and you can talk all you want about not beating c6 zo6 from a roll i really don't care.. Ive done it many of times.. and also why would you say i need to be trapping 130 + in the 1/4mi... when your at that speeds your dipping 9s (depending on your 60') and there is no way a corvette is running 9s in the 1/4 mi.. especially stock...lol... people like you is what makes driving my car fun.. obviously you don't know your physics and don't know much about racing.. but hey its cool.. it really doesn't bother me if you want to believe me or not.. makes no difference on how my car runs.. i have several witnesses and soon i hope to have some video.. but right now i don't.. you see for me to have video i have to coordinate this stuff... as well as most of the guys driving cars like the ones Ive beaten get mad being beaten by a focus.. so getting them to race me on video they don't want to do.. the only reason the srt-10 will is because he is my buddy.. I don't know anyone with a car as fast as mine that is my friend... and i don't keep a camera in my car and usually drive by myself.. there have been few occasions that i have had passengers but most of the time i do not.. but hey if you don't want to believe me.. wanna race? and hey we can put some money on it..... that's what makes this kind of stuff sooo much fun...

and about your buddy running 9s at 168mph i hope and pray he is running low 9s those are trap speeds of 8 second cars.. his 60' must be HORRIBLE like mine is.. with those kind of trap speeds he should be able to dip low 9 even 8s.a perfect example of this is look at the ford fiesta or what ever it is in this section running 9s at high 140s.. and that is front wheel drive as well.. he comes out of the whole easy and then just drills it down the track once he gets moving..most 9 second cars are in the high 130s with 60's in the 1.6s or so... maybe even better... and also ill take that bet of a 400whp and 700wtq car racing a 700whp and 400wtq car any day of the week.. look at what a 400whp and 500wtq fox body will do.. and that car is heavier than a focus is.. u put 700wtq to a fox body mustang and youll be pushing 8s.. ill take that bet alllllll dayyyyy llooonnngggg...
Old 11-29-2010, 09:50 PM   #24
focuzed1
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
Not calling bs on your times...

Just came in to say if the fastest street cars around there run mid to low 11's it's pretty weak in your area. I have a low 11 second car and it's slow compared to alot in my area.
we have a lot of cars that are faster than 11s.. i just haven't raced them yet.. i called out a 750whp cobra mustang who is very well known in our parts.. to run a freeway run but he wouldn't run me..that is the biggest problem i have is a lot of guys dont give me the time of day.. so it is pretty rare that i get a good run with a good fast car.. also when they notice i can hang a lot drop out early.. not sure why.. but they dont keep going to see if they can catch me or i can hang.. now i have raced a 632whp and 598wtq 98 gt mustang and he couldn't hang.. but i haven't gotten to run the fastest cars in our town yet.. and i really don't think ill hang with them.. we have some 8 second street cars running around down here..
Old 11-30-2010, 11:15 AM   #25
05zx4st
Focus Addict

Fan#: 13439
What I Drive: 2005 infra-red zx4 st

FF Reputation: 1 05zx4st Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by focuzed1 View Post
why do you say i don't know my power.. i do.. 408whp and 415wtq.. dynoed at Pro-Dyno in Charlotte... and you can talk all you want about not beating c6 zo6 from a roll i really don't care.. Ive done it many of times.. and also why would you say i need to be trapping 130 + in the 1/4mi... when your at that speeds your dipping 9s (depending on your 60') and there is no way a corvette is running 9s in the 1/4 mi.. especially stock...lol... people like you is what makes driving my car fun.. obviously you don't know your physics and don't know much about racing.. but hey its cool.. it really doesn't bother me if you want to believe me or not.. makes no difference on how my car runs.. i have several witnesses and soon i hope to have some video.. but right now i don't.. you see for me to have video i have to coordinate this stuff... as well as most of the guys driving cars like the ones Ive beaten get mad being beaten by a focus.. so getting them to race me on video they don't want to do.. the only reason the srt-10 will is because he is my buddy.. I don't know anyone with a car as fast as mine that is my friend... and i don't keep a camera in my car and usually drive by myself.. there have been few occasions that i have had passengers but most of the time i do not.. but hey if you don't want to believe me.. wanna race? and hey we can put some money on it..... that's what makes this kind of stuff sooo much fun...

and about your buddy running 9s at 168mph i hope and pray he is running low 9s those are trap speeds of 8 second cars.. his 60' must be HORRIBLE like mine is.. with those kind of trap speeds he should be able to dip low 9 even 8s.a perfect example of this is look at the ford fiesta or what ever it is in this section running 9s at high 140s.. and that is front wheel drive as well.. he comes out of the whole easy and then just drills it down the track once he gets moving..most 9 second cars are in the high 130s with 60's in the 1.6s or so... maybe even better... and also ill take that bet of a 400whp and 700wtq car racing a 700whp and 400wtq car any day of the week.. look at what a 400whp and 500wtq fox body will do.. and that car is heavier than a focus is.. u put 700wtq to a fox body mustang and youll be pushing 8s.. ill take that bet alllllll dayyyyy llooonnngggg...
so then your sig is incorrect? theres other 400whp focus's.they arent trapping that high.

do i wanna race? sure. think you could hang with a cbr1000? i drug the piss outta a cbr600 with 35 shot of nitrous,race gas,power commander and exhaust on it completely stock.ill put any amount of money you want on it,and we can video it if you want...60-180.
stock z06s run between 120-130 in the 1/4 stock. so in order for you to "drag" them,u better be trapping over 130. yes my buddy is running low 9s. he launches at 20psi then 3rd gear it goes to 40psi.

anyways. sick of reading peoples post on the internet about killing cars,when the videos of you racing a truck shows you barely caught him.
if you know any car with a 400whp and 700tq let me know.i can get my buddy lined up for some easy money at any time as long as hes in town.hell if i can finish my festiva soon ill race you in that. itll have maybe 250whp and 200wtq.
ST CREW #10
ECMOTORSPORTS.com
153whp,155wtq=9.65@74
XXXwhp,XXwtq=9.4@80 on n2o,spraying at 40mph+
totalled
Old 11-30-2010, 12:28 PM   #26
WUGcatsvt
Obama Can't Gymkhana

Fan#: 36697
What I Drive: 02 SVT, 86 BMW E30, 10 VW GTI

FF Reputation: 62 WUGcatsvt Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
^^This is the reason I HATE drag racing. It is a pissing match. Been to 2 drag tracks and cant stand the people. Its a place to go to trash talk about how fast your car is in a straight line.

Autox is so much better. There is no serious trash talk, only sarcastic. We respect everyone and every car even rentals and have lots of fun actually driving. Even though it would be fun to poke fun of V8 fanboys I will leave it to someone else. This kinda stuff left a bad taste in my mouth for straight line racing. Focuzed car makes a ton of HP and TQ in a tiny car. Give him respect not bullcrap trash talk.
gumpcrew#10
Gulf Coast Region #12 - Me-45 DSP
My Girl-451 DSPL
Old 11-30-2010, 05:56 PM   #27
GodLovesUgly
.Flat Out.

Fan#: 56705
What I Drive: ^^^ That!

Points 27,344, Level 97
Points: 27,344, Level: 97 Points: 27,344, Level: 97 Points: 27,344, Level: 97
Level Up 99% Completed
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 10 GodLovesUgly Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WUGcatsvt View Post
^^This is the reason I HATE drag racing. It is a pissing match. Been to 2 drag tracks and cant stand the people. Its a place to go to trash talk about how fast your car is in a straight line.

Autox is so much better. There is no serious trash talk, only sarcastic. We respect everyone and every car even rentals and have lots of fun actually driving. Even though it would be fun to poke fun of V8 fanboys I will leave it to someone else. This kinda stuff left a bad taste in my mouth for straight line racing. Focuzed car makes a ton of HP and TQ in a tiny car. Give him respect not bullcrap trash talk.

hey man i'll out pax you any day of the week, even if i go plus two!
i won't even have to look ahead!

joking obv
you said it, autox > drag.

props to Focuzed, even if he can't beat a Mclaren F1!!
Old 11-30-2010, 06:38 PM   #28
lowflyn
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 76353
What I Drive: 12 Sonic Blue SE 5Dr

Points 181, Level 3
Points: 181, Level: 3 Points: 181, Level: 3 Points: 181, Level: 3
Level Up 62% Completed
Level up: 62% Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 3 lowflyn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by focuzed1 View Post
we have a lot of cars that are faster than 11s.. i just haven't raced them yet.. i called out a 750whp cobra mustang who is very well known in our parts.. to run a freeway run but he wouldn't run me..that is the biggest problem i have is a lot of guys dont give me the time of day.. so it is pretty rare that i get a good run with a good fast car.. also when they notice i can hang a lot drop out early.. not sure why.. but they dont keep going to see if they can catch me or i can hang.. now i have raced a 632whp and 598wtq 98 gt mustang and he couldn't hang.. but i haven't gotten to run the fastest cars in our town yet.. and i really don't think ill hang with them.. we have some 8 second street cars running around down here..
I can definitely believe it. My car pulls pretty constant across the band (roots blower) and drops off a hair at the top end...your car pulls slow at first and then all hell let's loose. Not hard to see you winning roll races with that setup. Especially if you get a little brake boost in first to beat the spool time. About the only thing someone can hope for at the track is a damn good 60' time that might hold you off in the big end.

90 Mustang LX Vert - "7up"
04 Mustang GT - Stockish
94 Mustang V6 Vert - Broke
Old 11-30-2010, 06:40 PM   #29
lowflyn
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 76353
What I Drive: 12 Sonic Blue SE 5Dr

Points 181, Level 3
Points: 181, Level: 3 Points: 181, Level: 3 Points: 181, Level: 3
Level Up 62% Completed
Level up: 62% Level up: 62% Level up: 62%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 3 lowflyn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05zx4st View Post

anyways. sick of reading peoples post on the internet about killing cars,when the videos of you racing a truck shows you barely caught him.
if you know any car with a 400whp and 700tq let me know.i can get my buddy lined up for some easy money at any time as long as hes in town.hell if i can finish my festiva soon ill race you in that. itll have maybe 250whp and 200wtq.
It's called a diesel...I'm sure you'll get raped by one soon.

90 Mustang LX Vert - "7up"
04 Mustang GT - Stockish
94 Mustang V6 Vert - Broke
Old 11-30-2010, 06:47 PM   #30
focuzed1
Focus Fanatic

haha...

Quote:
so then your sig is incorrect? theres other 400whp focus's.they arent trapping that high.
my sig was an old sig and i never changed it.. sorry that i dont update everything instantly when i change things.

Quote:
stock z06s run between 120-130 in the 1/4 stock
check you speeds again.. the fastest recorded trap speed on a stock zo6 was a guy named ranger who is notorious for putting down fast times.. and he only hit 129.. the majority dont even make it to 120 in stock form.. also if im hitting 125-127mph in 1/4 then why again wouldnt i be able to hang let alone beat one?

Quote:
yes my buddy is running low 9s. he launches at 20psi then 3rd gear it goes to 40psi.
and if you buddy is running 20 psi and then goes to 40 psi and is only putting down 300whp and about 300wtq there is something seriously wrong with this picture..

Quote:
do i wanna race? sure. think you could hang with a cbr1000? i drug the piss outta a cbr600 with 35 shot of nitrous,race gas,power commander and exhaust on it completely stock.ill put any amount of money you want on it,and we can video it if you want...60-180.
well i dont know if i can beat or even hang with a cbr 1000 i sure would love to try.... you must be a tough guy to challenge a 4 cylinder fwd car with your 1000cbr... thats like me challenging a geo metro to a race.. yes my car is quick.. but power to weight ratios on the cbr 1000 should eat me alive.. doesnt mean i wouldnt try.. and i dont even know if my car would do 180 on top of that.. i know itll at least do 145 thats the fastest ive ever had it and also thats as high as the speedo went and it didnt even begin to slow down..

Quote:
when the videos of you racing a truck shows you barely caught him.
about me barely beating the srt 10.. once again since you seem to be unable to read.. it was froma dig.. i am slow from a dig.. also he has drag radials i have $62 cheap street tires... and if you read the post with that video i didnt hit my high setting until the 1/8m.. i wanted to see if i could beat him in the low setting and i couldnt.. once i hit the high setting i pulled on him pretty good.. from 1/8th mi to 1/4 mile i went from 1 car behind him to 2 cars in front of him.. but hey if all this trash talk makes you feel better then have fun.. i really dont care.. it actually kind of amuses me..

Quote:
props to Focuzed, even if he can't beat a Mclaren F1!!
I sure would like to try though...haha just to see what my car is like against a REALLY fast car..

Quote:
i actually agree alot thats why i have started getting into drifting and would absolutely love to do autox but there arent really any courses big enough for me to take my focus as well as its my daily driver.. drag racing is a bit safer than auto xing although some day i will get the focus out on one of those courses to do that.. but my new hobby is this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2wrvzr4aTM

im still learning but its the same way.. people all they want to do is help you get better.. theyll ride with you give you their secrets.. if you break your car thell help you get it fixed so you can get back out there and compete against them.. they love the true competition.. its soo much fun..

oh and btw thanks for the props.. it took a long time to get the fofo where she is now.. i hope she stays running for a while.. im not far from 100k on the odometer i plan on going through the 100k mi mark in full race mode...lol

Quote:
I can definitely believe it. My car pulls pretty constant across the band (roots blower) and drops off a hair at the top end...your car pulls slow at first and then all hell let's loose. Not hard to see you winning roll races with that setup. Especially if you get a little brake boost in first to beat the spool time. About the only thing someone can hope for at the track is a damn good 60' time that might hold you off in the big end.
sooo very true... but for some reason i cant get brake boost to build.. i have done what people have told me to do with that and all i got was like maybe 1psi.. not sure why.. but also my car doesnt spool when idling and i rev it.. it has to be in gear moving to get it to spool.. which is kinda great because it tricks people into thinking its not boosted.. no spool .. no bov flutter...lol

Bookmarks & Social Networks