So i finally got beat at our track.... - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-28-2010, 12:56 AM   #11
NateV8
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 80649
What I Drive: 2003, ZX5, Gray, Stick

FF Reputation: 1 NateV8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I could see the SRT10 Rams because they only run 13.6s at best, but I want to know his trap speed. Because he goes on like he knows what he's talking about, but one thing is for sure, "Torque" doesn't win races alone. Turbo cars make awesome numbers but don't always run as fast as the numbers show.

Secondly, dyno numbers mean squat. I know guys making 300rwhp and same torque in a 3100lb daily driver and break 10s.

I want to see what trap speeds you are running.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2010, 01:17 AM   #12
MikeF2D
Fist Pumpin' Champ

Fan#: 54450
What I Drive: 2008 Black SE coupe

FF Reputation: 17 MikeF2D Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mix1983 View Post
I'm sorry, are we talking about your Focus? You've beaten Corvettes and Porsche twin turbos? Got proof? By Viper trucks, do you mean V10 powered trucks? Yeah.... riiiiight.
he axtualy has posted videos on here before of his runs. i distintly remember the videos of him against a friend in an SRT-10 Ram. So you dont have to come in here like this.

BTW, this now sucks....my friends in the VW scene..i hope he doesnt see this and start shit again haha

Team Duratec #211
Learn from my mistakes....FRPP suspension is not god. Go to F.R.12 or GO HOME!
Old 11-28-2010, 10:15 AM   #13
focuzed1
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 10722
What I Drive: 2002 liquid grey zx3

FF Reputation: 16 focuzed1 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateV8 View Post
What is your average and best trap speed? Just interested is all
my best trap speed when i ran it for the first time down the track with a broken tranny mount bracket and about 1/3 of my boost.. (when i broke the tranny mount on the launch it sliced my vacuum line to my fuel pressure regulator so i was only getting about 8-10 psi i run 25psi on my high setting) i ran a 13.86 at 112.8mph with a 2.54 60'. i have a time slip for that one and as well as a few guys from Wilmington can verify as well as video of that . the track i go to now is only an 1/8th mi track and we very rarely run times. we have measured out a 1/4 mi but it has no times. so its just grudge match have fun racing. alot of the times its hand drop... my best 1/8th mi time was on my low setting 15psi a while ago.. i ran a 9.1 at 102mph with a 2.43 60'. now when i ran him he told me his trap speeds in the 1/4mi were on average between 125-127mph and i was only about .5 car lengths behind him and he wasnt pulling.. so not sure what my trap speeds are now.. ive gotten better at driving it down the track and also done a few mods that should make it faster like harder engine mounts and re-alignment of the motor...

Quote:
I'm sorry, are we talking about your Focus? You've beaten Corvettes and Porsche twin turbos? Got proof? By Viper trucks, do you mean V10 powered trucks? Yeah.... riiiiight.
just look a couple of topics down the one that says me v.s. srt-10.. thats me.. and yes i mean 10 cylinder 6 speed short bed viper powered dodge ram trucks on drag radials.. we recently ran from a roll and i left him like he wasnt even racing..lol.. from a dig i say it all the time and ill say it again im slow.. if we have enough space i will most likely catch you but from a roll the focus can be a monster. and i am in the process of getting some video of me racing a sport bike since no one believes a focus can beat a bike.. (the ones ive raced dont want to race me again and deff dont want it on video..)

Quote:
Secondly, dyno numbers mean squat. I know guys making 300rwhp and same torque in a 3100lb daily driver and break 10s.
I disagree to a degree.. yes your right that they dont mean much when it comes to the driver.. if you know how to make your car run you can be way faster than you should be.. driver is 80% of the race.. but if you have a car fast enough and your not a bad driver you can win even against someone that really knows what they are doing. and what kind of car is this. that math doesnt add up? it usually takes a 2700lb car 4-500whp to hit 10s in the 1/4mi id love to see this car.. im not gonna call bs yet on that one but the physics say that would be pretty damn hard.. but i would love to see this.. because that would mean it is possible to hit 10s with my car..my car is only 2900lbs and has 408whp and 415wtq..

Quote:
BTW, this now sucks....my friends in the VW scene..i hope he doesnt see this and start shit again haha
don't worry.. it was basically a race car.. no interior, no crash bars, no dashboard... nothing but 2 seats body engine and a steering wheel.. he says he doesn't drive it everyday.. its his race car now..an i am full interior-ed with powered heated leather recaros and power widows, full stereo system with subs and even my spare tire.. if i gutted my car like his.. he wouldnt stand a chance.. he told me himself that if i just put drag radials or slicks on my car that he doesnt think he could touch me..

Last edited by focuzed1; 11-28-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:45 AM   #14
02_z_x_3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 53977
What I Drive: 02 zx3

FF Reputation: 9 02_z_x_3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
joking right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mix1983 View Post
you are joking right? 400 horses in a focus is easily 11 secs. so porsches, corvettes and even a heavy ass viper powered truck are easily beaten. i suggest you do some more research. im sure this car is capable of very low 11's if he could ever get it to hook up. Its FWD and its damn near impossible to hook up big power from a dig. i think tobyboom on here made 302hp and 276ft.lbs and ran a 12.5 sec pass. now imagine what another 100+hp and another 130+ft.lbs would do and you have focuzed1's car beating much more expensive cars
Old 11-28-2010, 10:49 AM   #15
02_z_x_3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 53977
What I Drive: 02 zx3

FF Reputation: 9 02_z_x_3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
well ford i believe it was done a falcon and it only made 300hp and went 9's in the quarter but then again it also made 900ft/lbs at the wheels out of a 300 c.i. straight 6. but thats a once in a blue moon kind of thing haha
Old 11-28-2010, 11:29 AM   #16
focuzed1
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02_z_x_3 View Post
well ford i believe it was done a falcon and it only made 300hp and went 9's in the quarter but then again it also made 900ft/lbs at the wheels out of a 300 c.i. straight 6. but thats a once in a blue moon kind of thing haha
wow!! now that i believe though.. 900ft/lbs... the other guy was saying 300whp and about the same tq.. like i said when it comes to racing besides the driver tq is most important.. i would put a 300whp and 600wtq car against a 600whp and 300wtq car all day long.. and also bet my money on the high wtq car..
Old 11-28-2010, 12:05 PM   #17
mikebontoft
Toxx

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
hmm fj must be down for the day..... The only one with an excuse to give him crap is nateV8. The rest of us have been on here long enough to know better ;)

for those that have never stripped their interior for fun, it makes quite difference.
Posted via FF Mobile
Old 11-28-2010, 06:44 PM   #18
focuzed1
Focus Fanatic

here you go natev8
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233465
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=241590
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221333

all in this forum for you..
Old 11-29-2010, 12:07 AM   #19
lowflyn
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 76353
What I Drive: 12 Sonic Blue SE 5Dr

FF Reputation: 3 lowflyn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Not calling bs on your times...

Just came in to say if the fastest street cars around there run mid to low 11's it's pretty weak in your area. I have a low 11 second car and it's slow compared to alot in my area.

90 Mustang LX Vert - "7up"
04 Mustang GT - Stockish
94 Mustang V6 Vert - Broke
Old 11-29-2010, 06:27 AM   #20
tobyboom
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6129
What I Drive: 2000 Black boosted ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 tobyboom Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
INTERNET ARGUING ROCKS!!!

Does no one pay attention to the fact that he never said the cars he beat was HEADS UP RACING!!! Some tracks have GRUDGE MATCHES where you get to pick the terms of the race. You can go from a roll, give head starts, pretty much do whatever you want.
1/8: Dont remember at the moment
POWER: 302.25 HP 278.66 TQ
MODS: Custom Focus-Power Intake System

Bookmarks & Social Networks