Imported Bilstein struts and shocks info and pics - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Brakes, Suspension & Chassis

Brakes, Suspension & Chassis The place to go for answers on brakes, suspension, camber, alignment and more.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-18-2010, 11:44 AM   #1
2GreenAutos
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 54691
What I Drive: 2010 SES

FF Reputation: 2 2GreenAutos Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Imported Bilstein struts and shocks info and pics

Alright, got the Bilsteins on and decided to make another thread since the first one was full of questions. Hopefully this will be easier to find and get info from for anyone searching.

My setup:
Bilstein B6 Sport shocks and struts imported from Germany via Shox.com (thanks RPPM)
New SVT springs
Moog strut mounts and FSB endlinks
SVT RSB with poly mounts and links
Poly rear spring isolators
Front and rear stress bars

Here is the info I dug up on the Bilsteins:
Bilstein international site with English catalog: www.bilstein.de

Site with info on B6 vs B8: HERE

Definition of B6: Ideal upgrade for standard dampers, all the benefits of B8, designed to work with standard ride height and up to 30mm lowering.

Part numbers:

Left front strut: VE3-5139
Right front strut: VE3-5140
Rear shocks: BE5-6665

Here are some comparison pics:
Everything

Shock, size DOES matter

Strut, didn't want to take apart the stock ones but its next to a paint can for reference.

My impressions are probably not the best since I replaced suspension with 115k on it and have never been in or owned a Focus that was anything but stock. Bumps are a bit worse but I can feel the road so much better. Understeer is gone, I have yet to make the tires howl or squeal around a turn. My front struts were shot and everything else was so worn out, I saw about 1/4 inch lift in the front and 1/4 inch drop in the back.

To anyone installing suspension for the first time, know what you are getting into with the bolts on the rear LCA's. Either get an internal spring compressor and pull the springs out with LCA's still attached or be prepared to cut some bolts. I didn't want to keep worn out bushings so I had to cut all four bolts and one on the rear front LCA's. Lots of blood, sweat, and beers.

Overall I love to drive this car again. It feels brand new and is taking some getting used to. Thanks to everyone for any help you gave me.

Last edited by 2GreenAutos; 10-18-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2010, 01:38 PM   #2
RPPM
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 62634
What I Drive: 05 Focus ST, 07 Mazda 3 hatch

FF Reputation: 1 RPPM Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Awesome, glad you like them. The Bilstein's will soften a little after 1,000 miles or so, and the bumps will just be beautifully absorbed. Enjoy it!

Bookmarks & Social Networks