Swapped Interior bulbs with LEDs - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Second Generation > MK2 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK2 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2008-2011 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-02-2011, 07:10 PM   #51
2011 SE
Focus Addict

Fan#: 80951
What I Drive: 2011 SE

FF Reputation: 8 2011 SE Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Mine stay on all the time, even when the key is out of the ignition. I know they said it doesn't matter which direction you install it, but I tried changing polarity by rotating the bulb and it didn't make a difference. They're always faintly on.

Not a clue!
Autobots decal over Ford emblems
Flat black TFB Designs hood stripes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2011, 08:16 PM   #52
ProSilverVT02
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33656
What I Drive: 2002 SVT

FF Reputation: 7 ProSilverVT02 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaysE View Post
The only company I know of that makes 14.4v festoon bulbs is 42draftdesigns.... I've been running the 42draftdesigns bulbs now for a couple years.
I can second this, I spent a couple of weeks on the forum trying to decide which license plate LEDs were best and went with the 42draftdesign bulbs and have been running them strong for the last 6 months, no issues.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:57 PM   #53
dbolichowski
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 69587
What I Drive: 2010 Black Ford Focus SES

FF Reputation: 1 dbolichowski Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
For those of you with the 42DraftDesign LED's in the licence plate, and have a 2008-2011 Focus... neither bulb that I received is working. I've 'reversed' the bulb in the light socket as I assumed I had it backwards.

I currently have eBay LED's installed now, but they are flickering. I find it hard to imagine I was shipped 2 bad bulbs... is there any way of testing them before I ask for replacements?

Last edited by dbolichowski; 04-05-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:08 PM   #54
CamoCustom
Focus Addict

Fan#: 78390
What I Drive: 2011 Mazda 3 iTouring 2.0

FF Reputation: 2 CamoCustom Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbolichowski View Post
For those of you with the 42DraftDesign LED's in the licence plate, and have a 2008-2011 Focus... neither bulb that I received is working. I've 'reversed' the bulb in the light socket as I assumed I had it backwards.

I currently have eBay LED's installed now, but they are flickering. I find it hard to imagine I was shipped 2 bad bulbs... is there any way of testing them before I ask for replacements?
Hmmmm...That is odd, are they longer or shorter than stock? are the contacts on the end open wide enough to touch the contacts up in the fixture?
Old 04-06-2011, 05:24 PM   #55
dbolichowski
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 69587
What I Drive: 2010 Black Ford Focus SES

FF Reputation: 1 dbolichowski Good Standing Member
I don't have the stock bulbs to compare to unfortunately.
The LED's I currently have installed are 39mm, whereas these are 36mm.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:46 PM   #56
2011 SE
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbolichowski View Post
I don't have the stock bulbs to compare to unfortunately.
The LED's I currently have installed are 39mm, whereas these are 36mm.
I bought and installed a set of the 39mm 42draftdesigns bulbs on my friend's 2009. They were a snug fit, but work fine. I got the polarity right on the first one, but had to reverse the second.

3 weeks later she has no complaints, and no flickering. Seem to be working fine.

My SuperBrightLEDs are still working with no problem on my 2011. I check every single time I get into my car at night to make sure they aren't flickering.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:15 PM   #57
moneypit2
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 74066
What I Drive: 2002 corvette z06 03 focus svt

FF Reputation: 1 moneypit2 Good Standing Member
looks good i did the same in my tundra and love it
Old 05-11-2011, 08:45 PM   #58
lacole725
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85112
What I Drive: 2010 Ingot Silver Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 lacole725 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I bought bulbs from superbrightleds.com for my old truck. I had them in since the beginning of January and I just traded the truck in a little less than a month ago. I loved the brightness, I had green bulbs in before and they kind of lost their appeal and turned a crappy color.

What percent tint do you have on your car? I need to be able to see clearly in the car, I work at night a lot. I also can't have people seeing inside the car so easily (I am a private investigator). I realize they would be able to see through the windshield, but all lights come on once I turn the car off, so people to the side would see in. I have 5% tint all the way around, so hopefully I won't be too visible. I need to save up enough money to do all of my lights, I loved having them so much.

Regarding cops, I figured it is better to just put yourself out there then trying to hide. Yes, I have 5% tint. I also drive the speed limit everywhere (can't afford the tickets nor the gas), I have my window down as often as possible (showing I have nothing to hide), I use my turn signals religiously and obey all traffic laws, and I show courtesy for police during traffic stops by getting over into the next lane. I also work for cops, so if I have a problem, they probably know my bosses. I know I am doing something wrong with my tint, so I don't add to the situation by disobeying traffic laws. A lot of cops I have talked to say that if a driver acts like they are supposed to, they usually leave them alone. If a driver intentionally shows off near a cop, they will get pulled over. A lot of cops around here have modified cars and even hang out with the tuners at the local Tuesday night meet. LED lights are just safer imo.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:44 PM   #59
2011 SE
Focus Addict

HA! You guys were right. A couple weeks ago my SuperBrightLED license plate lights started flickering.

I installed the 42draftdesigns lights, but I'm not going to lie...I hate that they're not pure white. They're slightly blue. BOO.

Ah well. At least they'll last longer!
Old 12-22-2011, 05:40 PM   #60
uh60james
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6968
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Grey SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 6 uh60james Good Standing Member
Did this today, tag, maps, and dome and trunk all from draft designs. I had ordered the tag bulbs 3 normal fuse type and one bright fuse type. The bright one was intended for the trunk but ended up being used in the dome light. The normal fuse type bulbs they sell are fairly weak. If you plan on ordering all your bulbs from them I would recommend getting 2 brights, one for the trunk and one for the dome. The cabin is bright enough with the bright light being in the dome.

Another note, you do not need to pull the lens off the back dome light to change the bulb. When you pull the light assembly out you can see where the bulb holder is on the top, it's a black piece of circular plastic with some metal contacts. Simply twist that 90 degrees and it pulls right out.
Team Duratec #39 / Sedan Revolution #35

Bookmarks & Social Networks