Swapped Interior bulbs with LEDs - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Second Generation > MK2 Interior Mods & Upgrades

MK2 Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about performance gauges, shifter knobs, custom interior paint, car seats or any interior upgrades for the 2008-2011 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-13-2010, 08:54 AM   #11
CamoCustom
Focus Addict

Fan#: 78390
What I Drive: 2011 Mazda 3 iTouring 2.0

FF Reputation: 2 CamoCustom Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalfocus01 View Post
On superbrightleds.com they have a cross over from the stock bulb to the LED.
Norcalfocus, The only problem with this is they use sylvania's website to find the bulb sizes, and they are wrong, thats how I ended up with a festoon 44mm bulb for my rear dome :(, other than that, the rest are/should be correct, as far as Turn signals, brake and tails, exterior bulbs. But wait, You said crossover, i see that now DUH, yes they do have a cross reference, say you take bulb size 6418, match it on the chart and they will tell you what bulb of THEIRS will work in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapaintballman89 View Post
do you have all the sizes for every bulb? im lookin to do this to my car
Well, like I said above, im pretty sure the exterior bulb list is correct, BUT the interior maps/domes/trunk all take the mini wedge base style bulb, to replace 194/168 sizes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapaintballman89 View Post
i can not for the life of me figure out that damn site someone please help cuz i feel like a dee dee dee!
Just trying to get to the website? or navigate it.

From the homepage click "12 volt car bulbs." From there its pretty simple. Its seperated by bulb style from here on out. It will get confusing because there are so many bulbs, all with 1-9 LEDs on them, some high power, some have different degree of light angle, etc etc. you'll figure it out. I will list the bulb sizes/styles I used linked to their site.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2010, 09:01 AM   #12
CamoCustom
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuhFuh Focus View Post
Looks good.

I love led bulbs. I swapped my dome, odometer, trunk, and license plate lights with white leds.
Sweet, I have only seen a few pictures of other cars, but I liked it right away, any problem with your license plate bulbs? like too bright? or and police issues? Though I got "cool white" for the interior, I did get natural white for the license plate bulbs for no further issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmefocus87 View Post
That looks pretty freakin' sweet! That may be another mod I have to add to my list.
Thanks! Its simple, and they wont burn out as quick as regular bulbs, Makes it an easy and effective mod. Did I mention pretty cheap too?
Old 10-13-2010, 09:15 AM   #13
CamoCustom
Focus Addict

I drive a 2010 Focus SE: FYI

What I bought and replaced:

Map Lights (194 style mini wedge base):
6 LEDs with a 30 degree Beam in "Cool White"
WLED-x6 (194 type) Wedge Base bulbs

Interior Dome (194 style mini wedge base, NOT 6411 festoon style):
5-Radially mounted LEDs with a total of 220 degree beam in "Cool White"
WLED-x5 (194 type) Wedge Base bulbs
**Note: I affixed a piece of tin foil for a temp. reflector on the inside of the dome light fixture.**

Trunk Light:(194 style mini wedge base):
5 High power LEDs w/ 360 degree beam in "Cool White" appears more natural white.
I originally got these bulbs for the dome, thinking it would match the brightness of the maps, well, the color is the same "cool white" but since these are high power, they seem whiter, So i just put this in the trunk with its 360 degree beams it really lights it up.
High Power SMD WLED-xHP5 (194 type)
360 degree Wedge Base bulbs

License plate bulbs:(38/39mm Festoon style bulb)
I purchased the 4410 with 9 leds first for the interior, wrong bulb, so I tried in the license plates, too big. I ordered the next couple smaller, ended up with the 36mm festoon bulb with 4 LEDs in "Natural White" this one was just a hair smaller than the originals, but a little bending on the contacts and it fit nice and snug, very bright on the tag, had to turn bulb towards inside of bumper to take some brightness away, LOL.
3610-x4 Festoon Bulb
Old 10-15-2010, 11:32 PM   #14
andrewsfm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 70099
What I Drive: 2008 Ebony ATX SES w/ Leather & Sun

Points 1,719, Level 24
Points: 1,719, Level: 24 Points: 1,719, Level: 24 Points: 1,719, Level: 24
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 5 andrewsfm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I originally put in some super bright LED license plate lights, but then I thought about it... Why do I want to make it easier for cops to see my plate?

It looks cool, but might not be the smartest thing to do.

Other than that, every single bulb on my car is non-stock, whether it's halogen (reverse), LED (turn signals/tails/license plate/map lights) or HID (headlights/fogs).

The '08 (and some '09s) don't have a rear dome light but I'm working on that. (It'll be LED of course.)
As for the trunk bulb, I took mine out, since it's blocked by the sub box anyways.

No regular incandescent bulbs are left anywhere. I don't like their yellowish color.
DEI 2-way Alarm & Start / DDM Ballasts + CAP 6000k 55w HIDs in Eagle Eyes Projectors / 6000k 55w HID Fogs / All INT+EXT LEDs+7W LED Reverse / K&N Air Filter / Kumho Ecsta 4X Tires / 35%/20% Tint / Black Grille / Maxxsonics MX-1 + 2500W Stereo
Old 10-18-2010, 10:32 AM   #15
CamoCustom
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsfm View Post
I originally put in some super bright LED license plate lights, but then I thought about it... Why do I want to make it easier for cops to see my plate?

It looks cool, but might not be the smartest thing to do.
Sorry dude, but I thought about it too, and I want cops to be able to see my plates:

IN Florida:
If an officer cannot see your license plate either due to a blown bulb, or dimly lit bulb, or because its not in plain view, that is reasonable doubt and He/She will pull you over, depending on the level of A-HOLE in them. So why get pulled over, just have a nice bright bulb to begin with.

My buddy left my house at 1am friday night, and was pulled over near his house almost 2 am for a Plate light out. LOL.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:33 PM   #16
andrewsfm
Focus Enthusiast

Points 1,719, Level 24
Level Up 19% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoCustom View Post
Sorry dude, but I thought about it too, and I want cops to be able to see my plates:

IN Florida:
If an officer cannot see your license plate either due to a blown bulb, or dimly lit bulb, or because its not in plain view, that is reasonable doubt and He/She will pull you over, depending on the level of A-HOLE in them. So why get pulled over, just have a nice bright bulb to begin with.

My buddy left my house at 1am friday night, and was pulled over near his house almost 2 am for a Plate light out. LOL.
Guess it depends where you live. Here the law says the bulbs must be at least "3 candela" bright... What cop is going to be able to say that my bulbs weren't at least that bright in court?

Dim is pretty vague too though, so his opinion of dim could be different than yours, but again, how could he prove that your plate was dim to the judge?
DEI 2-way Alarm & Start / DDM Ballasts + CAP 6000k 55w HIDs in Eagle Eyes Projectors / 6000k 55w HID Fogs / All INT+EXT LEDs+7W LED Reverse / K&N Air Filter / Kumho Ecsta 4X Tires / 35%/20% Tint / Black Grille / Maxxsonics MX-1 + 2500W Stereo
Old 10-18-2010, 12:45 PM   #17
CamoCustom
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsfm View Post
Guess it depends where you live. Here the law says the bulbs must be at least "3 candela" bright... What cop is going to be able to say that my bulbs weren't at least that bright in court?

Dim is pretty vague too though, so his opinion of dim could be different than yours, but again, how could he prove that your plate was dim to the judge?
Doesnt the law always win and is always right? LOL

So how are the LEDs holding up on the exterior bulbs? are they brighter?
Old 10-18-2010, 12:50 PM   #18
andrewsfm
Focus Enthusiast

Points 1,719, Level 24
Level Up 19% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
It all comes down to getting the right bulbs.

It's hard to find LEDs that are brighter than stock but it's possible. More than likely you'll have to get them from eBay, cause most stores sell junk you'll end up returning for being too dim.

Bulbs made up of the regular LEDs you see everyday shaped like bullets, usually aren't going to be bright. The flat square surface mount LEDs are bright.

All of my bulbs are brighter than stock and all of them came from eBay. It's all about finding the right design for where you need to put them.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:13 PM   #19
StaX
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 60442
What I Drive: 2008 Blue S MTX

FF Reputation: 2 StaX Good Standing Member
since i dont have a dome light. id like to put them in like the jettas, they have one on each side on the rear doors by the hand rest/hang
Old 12-21-2010, 06:54 AM   #20
jasperjim
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 66110
What I Drive: 2003 Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 1 jasperjim Good Standing Member
How do u remove the plastic cover to replace the dome light in an 2002 SVT?

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.