2012 Ford Focus ST details released ahead of world premiere in Paris - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013-Current Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-29-2010, 11:50 AM   #1
FFTeam
Administrator

Fan#: 41389
FF Reputation: 4 FFTeam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2012 Ford Focus ST details released ahead of world premiere in Paris

Filed under: Performance, Paris Motor Show, Hatchback, Ford

2012 Ford Focus ST - Click above for high-res image gallery

This is the 247-horsepower, turbocharged 2012 Ford Focus ST hatchback. It's coming to the United States. Watch your back, Volkswagen GTI.

We've long lusted after the Ford Focus RS hot hatch sold in Europe, and while the ST is a slightly tamer version of the pocket-rocket RS, it still has plenty of kit to do battle with hot hatches the world over. The beating heart of the Focus ST is a turbocharged 2.0-liter EcoBoost four-cylinder engine that produces 247 horsepower and 266 pound-feet of torque, mated exclusively to a six-speed manual transmission. Ford's new torque-vectoring power control system is on hand, which should keep the front wheels in line, as front-wheel-drive turbo cars are always prone to understeer and torque steer.

The 2012 Focus ST debuts in its new Tangerine Scream color, and we're quite fond of the way it looks on the bulgier, more aggressive Focus. The wheel wells are fully filled out with attractive 19-inch alloys in the Blue Oval's signature Y-spoke ST pattern. Additionally, the trapezoidal grille has been raised on the front fascia, making way for additional lower air intakes, and while Ford isn't keen on offering the base Focus with the LED eyebrow in America, we sincerely hope that it is left intact on the U.S.-spec Focus ST. Out back, the Focus' rear bumper has been completely reworked to incorporate a diffuser setup with a center-mounted sport exhaust.

Inside, the Focus ST uses all the same goodies found on the top-end Focus Titanium, but adds a set of Recaro seats (for both front and rear passengers) as well as some yellow-gold contrast stitching on many of the interior surfaces. The Focus ST gets a bespoke steering wheel, and we must applaud Ford for creating a hot hatch interior that looks both sporting and high-end at the same time.

Watch for the Focus ST to launch sometime in 2012. We haven't heard any rumblings about pricing, but if Ford can keep things near the $25,000 mark (fingers crossed!), we'll be in business. Oh, and consider our hot hatch comparison test planned. Follow the jump for Ford's press blast and scroll through the gallery below for a raft of high-res images.

Gallery: 2012 Ford Focus ST

[Source: Ford]Continue reading 2012 Ford Focus ST details released ahead of world premiere in Paris

2012 Ford Focus ST details released ahead of world premiere in Paris originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 29 Sep 2010 12:41:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

Text Source: Autoblog

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2010, 12:04 PM   #2
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Posted via FF Mobile Tomorriw hopefully we get the rest of the official info like pricing and gas mileage. Its growing on me, and is definitely a car Id love to own. Im sure Ford had a reason to move the giant mouth up a bit, besides for styling differences, might of had something to do with room in the engine bay. Oh and this might not be to some, but hose LED drls are a pretty big deal to be offered on the focus. No one else has them anywhere near this price segment.

Oh and that steering wheel is awesome...and oh...CHECK OUT THOSE SEATS!!!!!!!!
Old 09-29-2010, 12:20 PM   #3
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

FF Reputation: 12 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
These pictures do not do this car any justice at all. I hate the car companies are using these horrible images before the live launches.

Still not liking the high trapezoid and where the hell did they find the lower air dam that does not blend making it a two faced face Focus mess. Can only hope Ford gets tired of reading all the dislike the face comments and adjusts the location of the trapezoid and place it were LOWER large mouth trapezoids are suppose to be.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:21 PM   #4
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything

Fan#: 51359
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

FF Reputation: 17 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Whips, looks better in rolling shots. I'll take on in white, thanks!

ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
Old 09-29-2010, 12:30 PM   #5
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything

Fan#: 51359
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

FF Reputation: 17 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
That interior is insane...

ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
Old 09-29-2010, 12:30 PM   #6
ST 2K5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 44631
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black SE Sedan 5speed

FF Reputation: 6 ST 2K5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (22)
Sad, no sedan version of the ST
Old 09-29-2010, 12:42 PM   #7
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesvt720 View Post
That interior is insane...

RIGHT KYLE!!!! HOLY CRAP THOSE SEATS ARE FREAKING AMAZING. to be honest, im sure the leather wont feel like it does on a porsche or ferrari...but hell they look just as good. Im a big interior guy and this ST one is icing on the cake of the already nice base focus interior. If a Fiesta ST does not come out or have an interior as nice as this...Im getting a focus st like I said years ago. Ill have to see the tangerine in person but Im loving the orange interior....um, can I have the orange interior with a deep black metallic exterior Ford?????? Please?
Old 09-29-2010, 12:45 PM   #8
captcurt_18
Freeskiing Fanatic!

Fan#: 49565
What I Drive: 2005 Light Tundra ZX4

FF Reputation: 26 captcurt_18 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I found my next car... no exceptions
Sedan Revolution Member #120
University of Montana
Photoshop Guru! PM me if you need something chopped up
Give me rep if im helpful!
Old 09-29-2010, 01:01 PM   #9
xpeterbilt387x
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 54461
What I Drive: 14' PB ST2

FF Reputation: 3 xpeterbilt387x Good Standing Member
MMMM, I want one! That's awesome we're getting one and the more I look at it, The more I like it!
Old 09-29-2010, 01:04 PM   #10
Peregrine
I.S.A.I.K.I.

Fan#: 6009
What I Drive: '03 CD Silver SVT, '11 Mazda CX-9

FF Reputation: 112 Peregrine Excellent Standing MemberPeregrine Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
I am definitely purchasing one for sure to follow up all my whining, begging and pleading here. You guys are right, the interior is outright saucy! The orange is a bit much for me. I'd be happy with a plain jane silver and black combo on the inside, but it is growing on me tho.

Bookmarks & Social Networks