1turbofocus F/I Tune....lots of tuning issues, NOT satisified. - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Marketplace > Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews

Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews Good or Bad dealings? Post your vendor, dealer or seller recommendations, feedback and comments here. Members who knowingly post false or malicious information will be banned from the site.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 12:03 AM   #61
SMITHBOY76908
Boost Junkie!

Fan#: 56301
What I Drive: 2007 Turbo ZX3

FF Reputation: 18 SMITHBOY76908 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtdriver14 View Post
Ok and everyone else who has posted in this thread has been respectful about the original post???? Not taking sides but this needs to go back the reason why it was posted.

Posted via FF Mobile
I think you need to read through the posts prior to Tom's first post. Noone was being vulgar or calling names or anything... until Tom posted.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2010, 12:19 AM   #62
SMITHBOY76908
Boost Junkie!

Fan#: 56301
What I Drive: 2007 Turbo ZX3

FF Reputation: 18 SMITHBOY76908 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
Yes he did , still wondering why your in here, you can offer no advise and havent as of yet

He didnt contact me that there was an issue that should of been the first thing he did , on fj you guys raked out and flush down the toilet a guy for not contacting randy before posting yet you here bashing me , he hasent contacted me in 48hrs now after communicating with him to resolve this , its been over 2 months sence the last time he asked for tuning , I am here and easy to get up with , even with the delays he talks about if he had stuck with it he would be long tuned by now , he handled this poorly but few want to realize that

If he wants his car tuned by me all he needs to do it let me know , I dont know what more then that I can do

Tom
Yes he did, still wondering why you haven't gotten the OP's car tuned right, you can offer no good tune for him and haven't as of yet?

Of course, here we go again. We're just some FSWerks fanboys here to pick on you right? So you call me out on having nothing good to offer? Is that because I pointed out exactly what you said? He tried to contact you several times with no response, he even said that. So then he came here. I've seen his car and it's issues in person and I've looked it over and can't see a single thing wrong mechanically. Everything seems tune based but of course. You're the place where BS begins and true performance ends so we'll never hear the real side of the story from you. You'll just tell us we're not worth it, or to do a search and see it for ourselves (which still turns up nothing).

This thread was going fine until you posted. What you could've said was something along the lines of "I apologize for the issues and trouble responding. Please send me another datalog and I'll get right to work resolving your issue." That's what a good business owner would've done. Instead, you chose to bash the OP as if he was trying to ruin your life. He even mentioned that you know your stuff but are just very bad to communicate with and then you post up and prove his point. From a customer service view, I will never understand it.

Instead of just calling everyone in the thread out. I think it would be wise of you business wise to just apologize to the OP for the issues with the tuning and actually offer some advise and try to help him.

Old 09-25-2010, 07:18 AM   #63
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
I cannot make the OP contact me , he DID NOT try to contact me and I didnt respond , I have looked back a little and have got to 3 months now sence the last contact from him
I CANNOT and will not stop tuning on others car so he does not have to wait on a file , this isnt fair to the others I am tuning as they are waiting as well

I have no problem tuning his car and see no reason I cannot tune his car

The OP should of contacted me BEFORE posting this and try to work things out HE DID NOT !

I am 100% willing to tune his car and can make him happy with his tune

You fanboys have yet to offer any help other then to bash me , please stay out of this and let it work out

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus

Old 09-25-2010, 07:58 AM   #64
Bigfonsz
Focus Addict

Fan#: 20407
What I Drive: 2002 SVT Turbo ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 Bigfonsz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post

The OP should of contacted me BEFORE posting this and try to work things out HE DID NOT !

I am 100% willing to tune his car and can make him happy with his tune

You fanboys have yet to offer any help other then to bash me , please stay out of this and let it work out

Tom
Fanboys...

Mr. 700hp Now you know you have Fanboys of ur own. If you get bad service from a store or vendor would you go back? Nope

This is about taking responsibility for the poorazz job you did and stand up to everyone else that wasn't happy with your service. See it for what it is!!

Don't back peddle now. Man up!!!

Old 09-25-2010, 12:13 PM   #65
HaveBlue83

Fan#: 1358
What I Drive: a car

FF Reputation: 70 HaveBlue83 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
tom, i have tried so many times to get this done with you. i stopped trying because i would blow an entire weekend on tuning and get nowhere with what we did. nowhere. It would stress me out trying to get it done.

i'm SOOOOO glad u tune people while u are on vacation. can't remember how many times i would tell u "hey i have the ENTIRE weekend off" and u would tell me you were busy, only sunday is good for you this weekend, and how about during the week (which i have already discussed i cannot do).

I would like to ask the other supporters if they were tuned from 9-5pm during the week. I'm sure i could get tuned if i was 18 and worked 3 days a week and had multiple days off to do nothing but tune. ONCE AGAIN, i can not tune any time but nights and weekends. I WILL say i have tuned up to 11pm with tom before. sometimes he's ready and willing and wants to do it. Those were good times when it worked out. it is very difficult to sync our schedules it seems.

In order to finish this tune with tom i have to START OVER with idle datalogs. as in completely start fresh because SOME ONE did NOT save ANY tune files from previous times. YES, I am DUMBFOUNDED BY THIS.

do you write your term paper without saving it like 5,000 times? you know it's your LIFE, and u cannot lose what u have created, so you make backups every so hours. it's the SAME thing with my car. My dad LOST his best tune file EVER, because the tuner he had didn't save the latest version of the file. it's been 2 years and he's STILL trying to get his car running that well.

I am SOOOOOOOoOOOOOO!!!!!eleventybillion!!1!!1! frustrated by him not saving files. seriously.

here's what should have happened about 8 months ago when we were still at this:

ME: Tom, my brintonevans#17 tune file is making the J&S act up BAD at idle, i think there is something wrong, i can barely drive it. can we go back to the previous file from 3 days ago and sent it to me again?

TOM: Huh, that's wierd. it may have corrupted somehow. lemme go back to the last good file we were working with and re-export it. lemme know if it's any better.

ME: thanks tom. i will let u know.

Tuning continues as planned.

^^^see how simple that is. that's why i am UNSATISFIED. IF IF IF i redo everything and i get another BAD file, i have to REDO it again......is any of this making sense???

I'm sorry i'm not on here like i used to be. I have a full time job, and i have a DSM that i have a lot of fun tinkering with now. (BTW, i just bought DSMLink and will be SELF TUNING this car, my father and I are tired of eccentric tuners that have hobbit-type personalities. they seem to not work well with normal humans. while extremely smart, they have poor people skillz.)

Old 09-25-2010, 01:11 PM   #66
iroc34
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 69289
What I Drive: 2011 Ford Taurus Limited

FF Reputation: 18 iroc34 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Hey Blue, dont you save all of the previous tunes? Load the one up before you started having trouble. The X Cal holds 3 at a time.IDK about the Predator.. I now keep all of the Tunes Tom has sent me. If there is a problem , I can load up other ones and check. But so far, none of the trouble you are having. I watched your video, did you try the tune before that one?
I would give it a try.

Old 09-25-2010, 07:05 PM   #67
HaveBlue83

yes, i can load up previous tunes. i have all of them saved seomewhere. thing is they are unfinished. so going back isn't gonna help me. right now i am at the best running tune. i found #14 to run the least crappy out of them all (pretty sure it's #14). they were ALL rich. they were ALL doing the idle surge. he never fixed the idle surge throughout the tuning. he tunes rich, then leans it out when he's happy. we never got that far. i'm on a 2/3 finished tune.

Old 09-25-2010, 08:32 PM   #68
disciplerocks
Pushrods

Fan#: 59330
What I Drive: 04 ZX3, 12 Hatch

FF Reputation: 13 disciplerocks Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
The problem is even if you save all your tunes, Tom can't do anything with them. They can't be re-imported into the software after the .cef file is created.
FocusXtreme - Hatch Nation #96
04 ZX3 5.0, T5, 4 lug 7.5 w/ 3.73s [3/13 ROTM] ["Best Non-SVT" FITF '12]
12 SE Hatch Sport & Winter Package, ST Front End
91 Ranger XLT 3/4 drop
89 Bronco II XLT Well the body is still stock, what's left of it
97 Mountaineer 5.0, AWD, 3.73s

Old 09-25-2010, 09:18 PM   #69
HaveBlue83

^^^this is correct. once he exports them they cannot be modified or reopened.

thus why he needs to save them before going to .cef. he said he would not do this because he would have 10,000 tunes on his computer. they are very small size-wise. all he would need is a folder with my name and the tunes in it......much like what i have on my laptop for all of his sent tunes.

actually...here it is....and it's 31MB in size for all of this. (snapshots of my laptop screen)

notice i saved all of this in a single folder so it's easy to get to. all he needed to do is save the raw tunes or at least the data and parameters for them, and he could have gone back and whipped up a tune from where we last were.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:37 PM   #70
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue83 View Post

(which i have already discussed i cannot do).

I would like to ask the other supporters if they were tuned from 9-5pm during the week. I'm sure i could get tuned if i was 18 and worked 3 days a week and had multiple days off to do nothing but tune. ONCE AGAIN, i can not tune any time but nights and weekends. I WILL say i have tuned up to 11pm with tom before. sometimes he's ready and willing and wants to do it. Those were good times when it worked out.

it is very difficult to sync our schedules it seems.
Sence you seem to want to keep bashing me here and not answer the PM that we were doing , If this keeps on you can find another tuner , and I dont car what your fan boys say
Yes you want to tune when you want to tune , you contacted me the last time (went back 3 months and 3 weeks now) sence you last tried to do tuning with me you could of LONG been tuned by now

I DONT WORK SUNDAYS , even God rested one day and I feel I should also have one off , I do answer emails and try to do emails on Sunday but NO TUNING

Your schedule is limited NOT MINE , I tune all day long and in most cases from 8 to 6-7 in the evenings , YOU not me but YOU dont get home in time to do this and expect me to keep tuning to 10-11 at night and I am not going to do that , sorry

You have Sat off and so do many others so you have to wait in line LIKE EVERYONE ELSE DOES sorry isnt fair to tune them and not you and I wont have them wait to tune you , so to recap now that you have actually posted the actual facts that your not tuned because of YOUR schedule not mine

You want to tune from 6-10 at night , and all day Sat , I like most work 9-6 Monday through Sat , its your schedual that doesnt work into this and is holding up your tuning NOT ME

The ONLY fair way to tune is the order I get the logs in , sometimes this takes 20 min and some times 2-3 Hrs all depending on how buisy I am

Most DO NOT get tuned 9-5 , they get tuned 1 maybe 2 logs evenings and Sat and I would say thats 85% of my customers and about 25-30 have been tuned sence you started tuning with me

Again if you keep bashing me or I see another "crappy tune" I will be through tuning with you , your tune IS NOT FINISHED so I have no idea why you would think the tune to be running good

If you want me to do further tuning then there is many ways to contact me , this was handles poorly and in the end you stated the real reason for the issues YOUR work schedule isnt working well with getting your tuning completed and it has nothing to actually do with how good or bad the NOT FINISHED tune is

Now to not saving files , I cannot open the .cfe files , I dont save each tune file as I go along or I would have in the 10`s of thousands files to go through , I can get you back to idle and driving if a tune is corrupt in 1 to 3 tunes but you got mad about me not being able to drop everything and never got back to me in almost 4 months

I can tune your car , I want to tune your car , I want you 100% happy , this isnt the way to handle it so you let me know where to go from here by email or PM

I am still on Vacation for a few days and should be home before next weekend , Internet will be very limited the next few days

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks