1turbofocus F/I Tune....lots of tuning issues, NOT satisified. - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Marketplace > Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews

Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews Good or Bad dealings? Post your vendor, dealer or seller recommendations, feedback and comments here. Members who knowingly post false or malicious information will be banned from the site.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 11:52 AM   #51
disciplerocks
Pushrods

Fan#: 59330
What I Drive: 04 ZX3, 12 Hatch

FF Reputation: 13 disciplerocks Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Wow this thread went down the tube. Lets try to be adults and stay focused on the OP.
Posted via FF Mobile

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2010, 12:57 PM   #52
bryfsvt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33542
FF Reputation: 7 bryfsvt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I find it funny how this was just a review and then Tom showed up... and in his first post alone, he violated 3 of FF's general rules with name calling, swearing, and fueling the flames.

Old 09-23-2010, 01:32 PM   #53
forcedfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 72073
What I Drive: 2004 silver zx3

FF Reputation: 4 forcedfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryfsvt View Post
I find it funny how this was just a review and then Tom showed up... and in his first post alone, he violated 3 of FF's general rules with name calling, swearing, and fueling the flames.

its funny how that works isn't it?

Old 09-23-2010, 02:14 PM   #54
Roushturboedzx3
I Fab Too Much

Fan#: 42814
What I Drive: 2002 Liquid Gray ZX3

FF Reputation: 20 Roushturboedzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
Quote:

Thats the normal thing from him.
I may not be the baddest, but the baddest dont Fu** with me

Old 09-23-2010, 02:49 PM   #55
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
And all you guys have offered advise and been helpfull right ? Leave it to the OP and I , if he needs you he knows how to get up with you

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus

Old 09-23-2010, 02:57 PM   #56
SMITHBOY76908
Boost Junkie!

Fan#: 56301
What I Drive: 2007 Turbo ZX3

FF Reputation: 18 SMITHBOY76908 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
And all you guys have offered advise and been helpfull right ? Leave it to the OP and I , if he needs you he knows how to get up with you

Tom
Yes... and he posted this thread did he not?

Old 09-24-2010, 09:16 PM   #57
Springbuck
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 23301
What I Drive: 03 CD Silver SVT 5DR

FF Reputation: 1 Springbuck Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I have been working with Tom to get my car tuned. I have not posted very much, but I am around a lot as I read almost everything in the forced induction section mostly, but also some others. I have read and seem what has been said before about all the vendors, but I usually make up my own mind. I have had a few issues with the car and I also took my time installing the actual kit. Of course I also had to un-install the JRSC+BBK. I have worked with cars for a long time, but this is my first turbo so I was careful and thorough. Whenever I had a question during the install Tom would answer me either immediately via phone or mail or within a few hours (even while he was on vacation. I did not expect the tune to be factory quality within the first few days. The start of the tuning process was difficult as the MAF tube I had was rounded where the MAF fits and I did not see it. It took quite a few tuning tries where my idle was not good until I found that it was not the tuning causing the problem. I did a lot of my own troubleshooting even though I don't know much about tuning. That is how I found the tube problem. As my job is to fix equipment remotely I totally understand how difficult it is to find a problem. 5 people will have 5 different was of describing an issue. So understanding that I would almost always describe a problem in a mail that I tried to clearly state what I was seeing. Somethings were irrelevant, but rather to much info than to little. Then I would call Tom and fill in what a letter/mail cannot say. This allowed us to pinpoint issues fast and get it fixed. The car is drivable with some small adjustments still to be made to drive-ability. WOT is near perfect as I would want it. Tom has been great. Even when he was on vacation he was sending me tunes. 2 nights ago we discussed a problem at midnight. He always responded to me within what I consider a very short amount of time. It may not have been tuned in a couple of days, but I was not expecting that. Overall I am more than satisfied. The car pulls like a train even though I only have 10PSI set on the EBC. My JRSC+BBK had 200WHP at 10PSI, but there is just no comparison. In third gear while testing WOT from 2k the wheels break loose when I hit 4k RPM. It is not a case of dropping the clutch and the wheels spins, it is while coming from low RPM with my foot off the clutch :)
You can tell it is a eye popping moment right :) The first time I got to do the WOT pulls I got a major surprise. Tom was also very patient throughout the whole process. Even through all the calls and mails and tunes. Even though we are not done I give his service 5 stars. I had no preconceived notions about Tom or his service or any kind of previous history as I have never met him. I made a choice about what I wanted and then I bought his kit with tuning. Installing it and getting it running has not been easy. As I said I had issues with the MAF tube, missing small parts like adaptors, J&S issues, engine mount knocking (Definite strange one for the books). I have a lot of burn marks and skin marks to prove it as well as a lot of aches and late nights. You can tell I am not so young anymore, but I can tell you once that wheel starts whining it was worth every minute of it. I also do not think I was unrealistic in my expectations as I know tuning would take a few weeks and maybe more depending on what kind of problems with the car or kit or electronics you have. I learned a lot from Tom and would also like to dabble more in the tuning part. I have the PRP, but just not the right know-how yet. I am completely satisfied with my service and my kit (with the Comp Turbo). I have my views and I understand others may have a different view, but that is your prerogative. I am not here to argue about it. I am here because I have a Focus and I want to learn and communicate with others about things Focus and sometimes not Focus and the fact that we do not have a RS :)

Old 09-24-2010, 10:10 PM   #58
iroc34
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 69289
What I Drive: 2011 Ford Taurus Limited

FF Reputation: 18 iroc34 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Tom`s Tunes

WOW. I just now came across this thread. I have to throw my 2 cents in.
I have had Tom do 3 different tunes for my ZX3. First when I did the SVT exhaust swap. He had my car running great in 8 remote tunes. When I thought it couldnt run any better, he did 6 more to get it perfect. Then I bought a Pro Charger, even though other guy`s on FF said I woudnt be satisfied with the power. Tom remote tuned that set up , sometimes in the middle of the night(when I was on the midnight shift in ST. Louis) He never failed to get back to me with a IM or an e-mail. Even when I was on vacation, and didnt have the car with me LOL. He had the PC tuned and with 10 -11 psi it ran great. Only thing , it was so loud that I hated it. I do a lot of freeway driving. I am not 19 years old any more , I like to be stealthy !. At that point I had my old lap top crash , and lost all of the tunes Tom had done for me. So back to the NA set up. Tom was right on it with the NA set up he had done for me. " I don`t think he deletes all his files on your tune until he is done" But he does need to know what the file name is. Can`t imagine how many files are on his computer!! I know some guy`s had some trouble when his lap top crashed. But it was not long before he was back up.
Then I went to the current Turbo Set Up. We remote tuned this whole set up while he was on vacation!!!. He got back to me with the tunes by the end of each day, sometimes 2 or 3 if he had some free time. Cut the guy a break. We all deserve a vacation. Some of us need more!! . Well we did 27 remote tunes during this time. I was satisfied at 19 but he kept telling me just a little tweak here and there. I gotta say with my set up, completely stock engine with 135,xxx miles on it. I am running 13 -15 psi and it runs very strong. I dont hammer the thing all the time, and my days of tire smoking burnouts are (mostly ) over. The car is a blast to drive. Tom did a great job, and when the time comes for a complete build, I will not hesitate running down to his shop, if it is still there.. Thanks For All the late nights Tom. Take Care, Rocco

Old 09-24-2010, 10:18 PM   #59
svtdriver14
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 62269
What I Drive: 2002, black, svt

FF Reputation: 1 svtdriver14 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:

Ok and everyone else who has posted in this thread has been respectful about the original post???? Not taking sides but this needs to go back the reason why it was posted.

Posted via FF Mobile

Old 09-24-2010, 10:43 PM   #60
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMITHBOY76908 View Post
Yes... and he posted this thread did he not?
Yes he did , still wondering why your in here, you can offer no advise and havent as of yet

He didnt contact me that there was an issue that should of been the first thing he did , on fj you guys raked out and flush down the toilet a guy for not contacting randy before posting yet you here bashing me , he hasent contacted me in 48hrs now after communicating with him to resolve this , its been over 2 months sence the last time he asked for tuning , I am here and easy to get up with , even with the delays he talks about if he had stuck with it he would be long tuned by now , he handled this poorly but few want to realize that

If he wants his car tuned by me all he needs to do it let me know , I dont know what more then that I can do

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks