High Performance 2012 Ford Focus ST - Page 93 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013-Current Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-19-2011, 07:29 PM   #921
dj4monie
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 5876
What I Drive: Nothing at all

FF Reputation: 0 dj4monie Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
I don't get how Ford is getting people all hyped up 'bout a phantom ST, WTF Ford. I do get the ST-R coming Jan. '12= race car's operate in close proximity of toolbox's. There is alway's the stand by WRX or STI or EVO or the new Golf R. Or for people w/ SVT's or any Foci for that matter, there are alway's Mod's to be done= built motor w/ a turbo hanging on the side & suspension & brake mod's!
Oh well, firstly we are in the making budgets and buying cars part of the 2012 racing season. By informing potential customers the cars will available in Jan allows people to set tentative testing schedules.

Ford like all of the big three are more concerned about "traditional" performance models, while the Japanese and Europeans are used to promoting small displacement performance. There was much more excitement it seemed coming from the dyno demos of the '13 GT500. That's just the nature of America, most gearheads are traditionalist, that is until gas prices hit $5 a gallon and then we'll see.

2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 Stage 3R GONE! :(

Next? Unsure.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2011, 07:39 PM   #922
FocusSTHopeful
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85667
What I Drive: 2008 silver g35x

FF Reputation: 1 FocusSTHopeful Good Standing Member
hey, DJ4monie, did you se the Fiesta ST on the floor? could you see the interior? Any details you were able to get on release/price?
Old 11-19-2011, 08:23 PM   #923
sassynapoleon
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 87584
What I Drive: 2008 Mazda 3

FF Reputation: 1 sassynapoleon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post
The GTI is a competitor price wise, not performance-wise. The GTI-R is a rip at $36K, that's STi/Evo territory and likely slower than those cars again. Figuring Germany engineering wins. Not in the stop-light grand prix it don't...
The GTI does 0-60 in 6.8s. Hard to see how this doesn't make it a performance competitor to the ST. The 200 BHP rating on GTIs tends to be conservative. The Golf R is definitely slower than the STi and Evo, just like the Focus ST is slower than the MS3. Ford fans will say that the ST is a more grown up car with a better interior and nicer features (and they'd be right). Golf R fans make the same comparisons against the STi.

Quote:
I think the car will start around $25K, maybe less. Mazdaspeed3 starts at $23K. If you add in Recaros (which are likely aren't standard), MFT and Sunroof, it will hit 27K I'm sure.
I think that's wishful thinking. If you spec out a regular Focus as close as you can get to what the ST will be it comes out to around $25k. I suspect we'll see the base ST come in around $27k and the loaded ST in the low 30s.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:04 AM   #924
blackonblacksvt03
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 80038
What I Drive: 2003 pitch black SVT 3D

FF Reputation: 2 blackonblacksvt03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
we have no prices yet as of today as soon as i find out one will be under 30k im ordering mine in blue with every option i can put on it. I WILL have one of the first ones out being as i work at ford and get a hella good discount (15 to 25 percent off a new car) as of last week we know nothing about them other than the joke of an online class. No colors no prices no epa ratings no options but i do see it as a more refined 4 door sports car. My only hope is that i can hang with my buddys 05 srt4. So as soon as mine is ordered my SVT will be up for sale if i cant afford to keep both
Old 11-20-2011, 08:24 AM   #925
FocusSTHopeful
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85667
What I Drive: 2008 silver g35x

FF Reputation: 1 FocusSTHopeful Good Standing Member
where should we be looking for some real news from the show? surely there are ford reps there talking about the focus/fiesta ST?????
Old 11-20-2011, 01:02 PM   #926
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

FF Reputation: 12 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
available colors in North America – Performance Blue, Race Red, Oxford White, Tuxedo Black and Ingot Silver –
Re the 0-60 time posted earlier, I thought that number was the Europe 0-62mph stats.
IMO the 0-60mph would be under 6 seconds.

0-100 kph
0-62 mph
6.5 (sec)

50-100 kph
31-62 mph
7.7 (sec)

Specs for new Euro Focus ST http://frankfurt2011.fordmedia.eu/do...T_Specs_EU.pdf
Old 11-20-2011, 01:53 PM   #927
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 52 felixthecat Great Standing Member
Ford already has performance model's oversea's, where's our's?

Quote:
Oh well, firstly we are in the making budgets and buying cars part of the 2012 racing season. By informing potential customers the cars will available in Jan allows people to set tentative testing schedules.

Ford like all of the big three are more concerned about "traditional" performance models, while the Japanese and Europeans are used to promoting small displacement performance. There was much more excitement it seemed coming from the dyno demos of the '13 GT500. That's just the nature of America, most gearheads are traditionalist, that is until gas prices hit $5 a gallon and then we'll see.
Ford already has car's over in Europe & UK to bring over here, they've had for year's, it's a changed world now. Ford has the new model foci now over here, where is the ST? I'm waiting to, w/ everone else.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 11-20-2011, 02:08 PM   #928
Holden
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90783
What I Drive: 2004 SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 Holden Good Standing Member
Quote:
Wow, I really like the blue - makes the car look a lot less boy-racerish than in "Tangerine Scream" and makes me think the silver will be just the kind of sleeper I'm looking for. (It also looks VERY production ready now - heh heh.)
Old 11-20-2011, 03:59 PM   #929
Holden
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90783
What I Drive: 2004 SVTF

FF Reputation: 1 Holden Good Standing Member
More pics of the blue here:

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...auto-show.html

I, like them, am in love.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:16 PM   #930
Salonious
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91944
What I Drive: 2012 SEL, Frosted Glass

FF Reputation: 1 Salonious Good Standing Member
Lovin the rear valance with the dual tips.

Bookmarks & Social Networks