High Performance 2012 Ford Focus ST - Page 83 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013-Current Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-17-2011, 12:55 PM   #821
MacAttack
Focus Addict

Fan#: 79365
What I Drive: 2000 Dark Green SE

FF Reputation: 5 MacAttack Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Anyone in the MI area going to the Woodward Dream Cruise? Apparently, the ST will be there in it's final form.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2011, 02:19 PM   #822
Missourileo
Captain Retard

Fan#: 55980
What I Drive: 2002 Black SVT ZX3,93 SVT Lightning

FF Reputation: 20 Missourileo Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DognamedMack View Post
Now I need to ditch the GF and buy the ST or keep her and keep giving her my ST payments.. Basically...

Smartest thing you might have ever said.
Midwest crew #36
Hatch Nation#50
January 2010 ROTM
Old 08-17-2011, 03:08 PM   #823
apagios
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 40891
What I Drive: '03 ZX5 SVT, '05 Mazdaspeed Miata

FF Reputation: 3 apagios Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttack View Post
The RS probably won't be out until 2014 or 2015. I'm not waiting that long to get a high performance Focus.
Well I'll make a different guess, 2013, based on the following reasons:

1) The RS uses the ST engine, either simply more boost and new tune, or possibly some new internals, like forged pistons or high strength conrods, etc. It also should have the same body style with some additions to set it apart from the ST; new wing, bumpers, basically an appearance package. It will also have the revoknuckle, which has been developed years back. It's not new tech.

Basically the changes required to go from the ST to the RS are far less then they were on the Euro gen II Foci. That RS had an entirely different engine, and as far as I know was the first application of the revoknuckle. I think all the changes required for the RS are easily done in a year or so.

2) 2014 is the 50th anniversary of the Mustang. I expect Ford to really invest a lot in this. It's the rumored release of a "global" mustang with IRS, new body, new style, new platform. Ford would do well to bring the Focus RS out either before or after 2014, I think they will market that as the year of the Mustang.

So since the development of the RS from the ST is not as difficult as I think the previous RS was, and the expectation of lots of fanfare in end of 2013 and 2014 for the new mustang, I will place a bet of 1 beer on the RS being a 2013.

Course that's all just my own thoughts, I could be totally wrong.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:04 PM   #824
2phun
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86461
What I Drive: 2005 MINI MCSc and 1982 Mini

FF Reputation: 2 2phun Good Standing Member
I'm thinking (mid/late) 2013 also, but for a different reason. That will be a little more than a year after the ST's release, so the immediate demand/hype for the ST will likely be starting to wain. By that time, the model line will have been around for a few years and there will be plenty of Foci on the road, but there will also be new entries in the segment from other manufacturers. What better way to reinject some interest in the Focus than to offer a higher-than-high performance version to stir things up?
Old 08-18-2011, 09:26 PM   #825
dtecPwr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 54622
What I Drive: 2003 Comp Orange SVT 3 door #2176

FF Reputation: 2 dtecPwr Good Standing Member
I thought I would share this link with anyone who hasn't seen it yet, its the best sounding video clip we have so far of the new ST.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmPwPkCo80M
Old 08-20-2011, 06:15 PM   #826
2013ST
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89038
What I Drive: 1998 mercury tracer

FF Reputation: 1 2013ST Good Standing Member
So I stopped by the Ford display at the Woodward Dream Cruise today to check out at ST. I probed the personnel on hand and here's what I learned.

Release is scheduled for early 2012

Pre order process won't begin earlier than January 2012

Pricing will be competitive - starting in the $25,000 range

19 inch wheels are likely an option - 18 inch standard?

HID projector headlights will be standard

Seats seen in the show car won't necessarily carry over to the production, but will be close

MFT will be standard, nav optional

Much of this isn't news, but worth repeating IMO

Just a few weeks until the unveil. Who's stoked? I would have place a deposit today if they let me.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:05 PM   #827
MacAttack
Focus Addict

None of that is surprising, but I was hoping that preorders could start this year still. I wish the release wasn't so far away.

I'm still wondering what kind of options will be available. Hopefully more questions are answered next month.

Last edited by MacAttack; 08-20-2011 at 11:21 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:31 PM   #828
2phun
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86461
What I Drive: 2005 MINI MCSc and 1982 Mini

FF Reputation: 2 2phun Good Standing Member
Like you said, nothing surprising or new, but at least it was confirmed rather than just speculation. Seems more real now.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:46 PM   #829
meogE
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88726
What I Drive: 2011 Blue F150

FF Reputation: 1 meogE Good Standing Member
Just to spark a tiny bit of discussion, my fiance just got a 2012 focus with the active grille shutters. I'm coming from a Chevy Cobalt and cant' wait for the ST to come out (and to have enough money to get one). I'm curious as to the chances the ST having an active grille shutter system. The fiance's focus has them and I love the idea of them. I know having them over the inter-cooler is a no go but I'm sure it's possible to put them only over the radiator. I'm not going to want maximum performance at all times and I don't expect great gas mileage but anything to help it while I'm using the car as a daily-ish driver just cruising down the road would be nice.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:22 PM   #830
MacAttack
Focus Addict

I doubt it. It's a performance model with decent gas milage, that's the order of priorities.

Bookmarks & Social Networks