High Performance 2012 Ford Focus ST - Page 72 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013-Current Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-28-2011, 10:02 PM   #711
Maddog78
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85319
What I Drive: 2005 Black 911

FF Reputation: 2 Maddog78 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hi all

Just joined up to keep up with all the ST news.

I am about 99% sure I'm going to get one.
Can't wait to see what the Canadian price will be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2011, 09:11 AM   #712
Noob Saibot
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85179
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black Focus ST

Points 1,289, Level 19
Points: 1,289, Level: 19 Points: 1,289, Level: 19 Points: 1,289, Level: 19
Level Up 89% Completed
Level up: 89% Level up: 89% Level up: 89%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Noob Saibot Good Standing Member
Well it's official, I'm going to get the focus ST :D
Old 04-29-2011, 09:58 AM   #713
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

Points 8,171, Level 61
Points: 8,171, Level: 61 Points: 8,171, Level: 61 Points: 8,171, Level: 61
Level Up 7% Completed
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%
Forum Activity 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%
FF Reputation: 12 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
2012 Ford Focus - Focus Future
A quick glimpse into the performance future of the 2012 Ford Focus
From the May, 2011 issue of Eurotuner
By Greg Emmerson

Photo- Jost Capito and the ST

We (Eurotuner) talked to him about the forthcoming ST model and what it meant for US performance enthusiasts.

Our first concern was that the ST would be a watered-down version of the European model, as previous Focus SVT models had been. Everything will be the same, Capito assured us. We will even offer winter tires as an option so customers understand thereís no compromise in its performance, he continued, indicating the car would come with summer tires as standard.

However, the ST isnít a track car. Itís a street car with full functionality. Most young drivers only have one car, so we need this to be usable every day.

We asked him which ST feature made him proudest: Iím proud of the balance we have, where all the attributes are good.

Car enthusiasts know about cars and the ST has to meet those expectations in braking, handling, power, visual everything. Weíve worked hard to balance the package, and then done what we can to invite people into the car by adding a black headliner, Recaros, a sports steering wheel, etc.

Jost then outlined the shared DNA with other Ford products. There will be a parts program available through Ford Racing, just as we do with the Mustang. Youíll be able to put ST parts on base cars, for example, and Mountune is developing engine tuning parts for the car that we may bring to the US. Mountune & Ford http://www.mountuneperformance.com/

Iím a big motorcycle guy and people like to tune them. Itís the same for cars, where people like to improve and change things. Weíll try to help them do that, he continued.

With the 2012 Focus ST set to launch at the end of the year, Ford RS and SVT are still fine-tuning the car, according to their boss. The basic architecture is set and you can find its specification in the News pages at eurotuner.com

Weíve heard rumors that its 250hp 2.0L turbo motor might be changed for the US market, but Capito was adamant that wouldnít happen. So we pushed him about Focus RS product the ultimate, rally-bred derivative of Fordís global car. Jost told us: If the RS version happens, I see no reason why it canít come here

With those words, and the promise of a 250hp Focus ST due later this year, budget-conscious performance fans might want to put the Blue Oval on their shopping list.

http://www.eurotuner.com/featuredveh...cus/index.html

Mountune Focus RS
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:43 AM   #714
MacAttack
Focus Addict

Fan#: 79365
What I Drive: 2000 Dark Green SE

FF Reputation: 5 MacAttack Good Standing Member
On top of that, we have confirmation that it will be released by the end of the year. Ford has also previously said that more details, including a Build & Price feature, would be out in October.
I just can't wait to order this.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:05 PM   #715
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttack View Post
On top of that, we have confirmation that it will be released by the end of the year. Ford has also previously said that more details, including a Build & Price feature, would be out in October.
I just can't wait to order this.

Posted via FF Mobile Merry Christmas!
Old 04-30-2011, 01:37 AM   #716
Maddog78
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85319
What I Drive: 2005 Black 911

FF Reputation: 2 Maddog78 Good Standing Member
Has anybody heard anything about which paint options will be available?
How about other options?
Old 04-30-2011, 02:58 PM   #717
MacAttack
Focus Addict

I just got back from my local dealer. I was out for a drive today and thought I'd stop in and take a look. They had some SE hatches on the lot, and I sat in one, looked around. First off, this is a great new car, definitely the upgrade we've been waiting for.

Anyway, when I told the salesperson I was waiting out for the ST, and that I was worried about holding out until the end of the year, he made mention that the ST would probably be out a bit earlier than expected. Damn good news for those of us who have been holding out.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:44 PM   #718
DognamedMack
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 21406
What I Drive: kah

Points 1,423, Level 21
Points: 1,423, Level: 21 Points: 1,423, Level: 21 Points: 1,423, Level: 21
Level Up 23% Completed
Level up: 23% Level up: 23% Level up: 23%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 3 DognamedMack Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttack View Post
I just got back from my local dealer. I was out for a drive today and thought I'd stop in and take a look. They had some SE hatches on the lot, and I sat in one, looked around. First off, this is a great new car, definitely the upgrade we've been waiting for.

Anyway, when I told the salesperson I was waiting out for the ST, and that I was worried about holding out until the end of the year, he made mention that the ST would probably be out a bit earlier than expected. Damn good news for those of us who have been holding out.
And the salesman I spoke with last Thursday said he was not sure if the ST was evening going to come out as the only thing he has heard about it was from me. He also thinks the regular (non-ST) Focus is probably out pricing itself. He quoted someone a Focus Titanium and with the rebate(s) came in at $28330. He doesn't think he will sell many $28K Focuses.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:01 PM   #719
MacAttack
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DognamedMack View Post
And the salesman I spoke with last Thursday said he was not sure if the ST was evening going to come out as the only thing he has heard about it was from me. He also thinks the regular (non-ST) Focus is probably out pricing itself. He quoted someone a Focus Titanium and with the rebate(s) came in at $28330. He doesn't think he will sell many $28K Focuses.
It's hit or miss with sales people. The ST is coming out, that much is certain. Ford has built these, and has been testing them. As of now, that's where Ford is at, this isn't some concept car.

Think of it this way, a sales person who says "don't buy this car, wait for the ST" probably is more honest than a guy who saids "don't wait out, buy a car right now!".
Old 05-01-2011, 08:37 PM   #720
DEREKC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 82958
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 DEREKC Good Standing Member
I did enjoy this quote from the Eurotuner article. Bring on the aftermarket options, especially the LED/Bi-Xenon headlamps!!

"Car enthusiasts know about cars and the ST has to meet those expectations in braking, handling, power, visual everything. We’ve worked hard to balance the package, and then done what we can to invite people into the car by adding a black headliner, Recaros, a sports steering wheel, etc.

Jost then outlined the shared DNA with other Ford products. There will be a parts program available through Ford Racing, just as we do with the Mustang. You’ll be able to put ST parts on base cars, for example, and Mountune is developing engine tuning parts for the car that we may bring to the US."

Bookmarks & Social Networks