High Performance 2012 Ford Focus ST - Page 59 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013 Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-17-2011, 03:07 PM   #581
HilloNative
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 43548
What I Drive: '04 EAP Sonic Blue SVT, '04 Ranger

FF Reputation: 4 HilloNative Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
the new ST in Blue (havent seen any other colors except for the puke one) looks way way sexy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2011, 03:15 PM   #582
suterp
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 83384
What I Drive: 2013 red focus SE 5 speed

FF Reputation: 1 suterp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Looking forward to this car. The top hot hatches now are the MS3 and GTI. Both are great cars but have flaws - the MS3 has a lot of turbo lag, gas mileage sux, and interior is not great. GTI is better in those areas but lacks power. The ST should have the best of both. The EB motor has a very flat torque curve that comes on early, good mileage, and enough power to keep up with MS3. Interior should be nice as Ford said they're targeting the A3. If it handles well, has a decent trans, and torque steer isn't too bad it's going to be a winner and I'd pay more than a GTI, MS3, WRX, etc.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:32 PM   #583
fast07st
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 54363
What I Drive: 07 Red Focus ST, 93 Stang, 68 Stang

FF Reputation: 2 fast07st Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JibLxA View Post
^ I think, too help his point, is that you had to get the springs and intake to feel like the SVT, while the SVT comes that way. SVT does have bigger brakes, the rarity, and the looks though. And the 6-speed is obviously not ment for a straight line, everyone knows that, it's a great auto-x and road course trans so they just had a different idea with what they wanted the SVT to do. Don't get me wrong, I love the 05-07 ST and their engines, almost got one instead of the SVT, But all I'm saying is I understand his point.

Also the Recaros IMO are amazing. Best seats I've ever sat in yet. But I'm a little smaller, 5,9 and 155 lbs, so I'm sure if I was much bigger they could start feeling cramped
I wonder how the new ST will ride like?... I know that the SVT f rode hard... I actually liked the old ST's ride better. I am not talking on how it handles, but the feel was not too confortable. imo I felt better on my test drive of the ST vs the one on the SVT (same week/roads).

As for seating I love my ST's real perforated suede/leather seats... the suede makes the seat really smooth and not too hot or cold. This are (again imo) one of the best seats I ever sat on... They are similar to the regular SVTf seats, but the suede of the ST vs the cloth in the SVTf makes it more confortable... the SVTf optional Recaros look really good though I never seat in one of those though!!! What were they finished on leather/cloth???

I see that the new ST comes with Recaros in true Euro ST fashion nice and bright - I'm sure every time you sit in other of those it will feel like a big hug... that is unless you are abit over weight lol!
Old 02-17-2011, 03:56 PM   #584
BLRich1
Nope, Chuck Testa

Fan#: 22758
What I Drive: '03 Red EAP SVT, '04 Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 17 BLRich1 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
The Recaros that were in the orange ST are defiantly wider than the Recaros that were used in the EAPS.
'03 Infra Red EAP SVT, #1687, 1 of 101
'04 CD Silver SVT, #877, 1 of 135 May 2011 ROTM, FF11: Best Display, Best of Show; AFN12: Best SVT, Best Audio, Finest Five, Carlisle Nifty Fifty
Old 02-17-2011, 04:24 PM   #585
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything

Fan#: 51359
What I Drive: 2005 SILVER ST

FF Reputation: 16 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLRich1 View Post
The Recaros that were in the orange ST are defiantly wider than the Recaros that were used in the EAPS.
Those seats aren't going to production... Neither are the big brakes... Just an FYI, don't ask how I know.

ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
Old 02-17-2011, 04:46 PM   #586
BLRich1
Nope, Chuck Testa

Fan#: 22758
What I Drive: '03 Red EAP SVT, '04 Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 17 BLRich1 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesvt720 View Post
Those seats aren't going to production... Neither are the big brakes... Just an FYI, don't ask how I know.
I've heard:

'03 Infra Red EAP SVT, #1687, 1 of 101
'04 CD Silver SVT, #877, 1 of 135 May 2011 ROTM, FF11: Best Display, Best of Show; AFN12: Best SVT, Best Audio, Finest Five, Carlisle Nifty Fifty
Old 02-17-2011, 04:46 PM   #587
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
^^^ Did Cupid make a trip back to earth today and shoot you in the rear HaveBlue? Lol, if all you hated was the color all along you should of said that instead of going on a crusade to bring down the new ST as much as possible. It'll be ironic a year from now when you are one of the first on the forum to get an ST, and you finally actually have blue too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suterp View Post
Looking forward to this car. The top hot hatches now are the MS3 and GTI. Both are great cars but have flaws - the MS3 has a lot of turbo lag, gas mileage sux, and interior is not great. GTI is better in those areas but lacks power. The ST should have the best of both. The EB motor has a very flat torque curve that comes on early, good mileage, and enough power to keep up with MS3. Interior should be nice as Ford said they're targeting the A3. If it handles well, has a decent trans, and torque steer isn't too bad it's going to be a winner and I'd pay more than a GTI, MS3, WRX, etc.
Posted via FF Mobile Wait what???? Omg, are you crazy, what....uh I can't believe this, uh seriously? I...I...I'm just so....how could you possibly buy the focus ST over a WRX. I mean AWD, AWD, AWD...so so interior, dated technology and engineering, what? But...AWD!!!

Never thought I'd see the day.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:34 PM   #588
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Posted via FF Mobile I didn't like it at first, I really like the standard focus face to be honest. Still do, but this is growing on me. And it does look better in blue. Just try to tell yourself that the huge mouth is hiding a huge intercooler that is mounted higher so you won't bust it up on speed bumps.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:44 PM   #589
WUGcatsvt
Obama Can't Gymkhana

Fan#: 36697
What I Drive: 02 SVT, 86 BMW E30, 10 VW GTI

FF Reputation: 62 WUGcatsvt Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
Cant wait to get mine :) Love that Purplish bluish color
gumpcrew#10
Gulf Coast Region #12 - Me-45 DSP
My Girl-451 DSPL
Old 02-17-2011, 10:45 PM   #590
Giancarlo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 66325
What I Drive: 2001 Street Edition Sedan

FF Reputation: 2 Giancarlo Good Standing Member
Loving that new Focus design, but I have one question will it come with the 6 speed automatic transmission or a paddle shift transmission, if so where can I sign?
A Random Canadian from Sedan Revolution #196SR

Bookmarks & Social Networks