High Performance 2012 Ford Focus ST - Page 56 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013-Current Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-15-2011, 12:47 PM   #551
BLRich1
Nope, Chuck Testa

Fan#: 22758
What I Drive: '14 TB ST3, '04 Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 17 BLRich1 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
If its stock, bring it out to FocusFest and come show us your skills.
'04 CD Silver SVT, #877, 1 of 135 May 2011 ROTM, FF11: Best Display, Best of Show; AFN12: Best SVT, Best Audio, Finest Five, Carlisle Nifty Fifty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2011, 01:00 PM   #552
Peregrine
I.S.A.I.K.I.

Fan#: 6009
What I Drive: '03 CD Silver SVT, '11 Mazda CX-9

FF Reputation: 112 Peregrine Excellent Standing MemberPeregrine Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricAL View Post
Yah, stock for stock the ST might be a hair slower vs the SVT...

but not when I'm drivin'!!! bolt-on's would just ensure my win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLRich1 View Post
If its stock, bring it out to FocusFest and come show us your skills.
Hah, somebody just got called out
Old 02-15-2011, 01:55 PM   #553
HilloNative
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 43548
What I Drive: '04 EAP Sonic Blue SVT, '04 Ranger

FF Reputation: 4 HilloNative Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
The american ST and the Euro ST are a totally different cars. Not even the ST badge gives you the right to compare them. I like the STs(american version) but is just dumb to say "mine is better because is an ST like the new focus coming out next year". Is more likely to compare SVTS with st170 because they where exactly(almost) the same vehicule. So if you car has an ST badge(US) , your car is just an ST in US, because around the world the ST name is way superior to your " ST " focus.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:30 PM   #554
ElectricAL
Focus Addict

Fan#: 71376
What I Drive: 2005 Silver ST

FF Reputation: 2 ElectricAL Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Hah, somebody just got called out
Shux! I don't mind getting called out. I wouldn't say I was a good driver if I weren't...

I would LOVE to come to the big shindig this year BUT (yah, you can say I'm full of excuses) I'm getting married in August and most of my vacation time is already spoken for.

But if anybody wanted to bring a stock SVT this-a-way, I'd be more than happy to indulge them... fully legally, of course.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:05 PM   #555
FociBoi121
Focus Addict

Fan#: 53573
What I Drive: 2003 InfraRed ZX3 ATX

FF Reputation: 4 FociBoi121 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Lovin the last few pages of this thread...Very insightful without being too insulting (the way it should be)
ZETEC Crew #237
HATCHBACK LOVER #121
PS3 ID: LarkBoi189
Slow bolt ons added or bolt ons slowly added?
Old 02-15-2011, 05:40 PM   #556
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything

Fan#: 51359
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

FF Reputation: 16 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HilloNative View Post
The american ST and the Euro ST are a totally different cars. Not even the ST badge gives you the right to compare them. I like the STs(american version) but is just dumb to say "mine is better because is an ST like the new focus coming out next year". Is more likely to compare SVTS with st170 because they where exactly(almost) the same vehicule. So if you car has an ST badge(US) , your car is just an ST in US, because around the world the ST name is way superior to your " ST " focus.
Who compared the European ST and the U.S. ST?

ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
Old 02-15-2011, 07:19 PM   #557
ElectricAL
Focus Addict

^^ Yah, but we're not talking about a base model Focus with a slushbox and juicy springs vs. the SVT, here...

we're keeping alive the age-old (well, since around 2005) US debate about the SVT Focus vs. the '05*-'07 US-version ST.

Purportedly, the bone-stock versions of these cars run very, very closely. So closely that it will nearly always come down to the driver (and to a smaller but appreciable extent, the tires) if each car was reasonably well-maintained.

*'05 ST coming factory-equipped with the stiffest, sportiest suspension of the STs.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:42 PM   #558
Malibooya
Quarter Tank Racer

Fan#: 68054
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 7 Malibooya Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I don't get some of you guys. As long as the car's fast, who cares what the trim level is called?

It's like naming your girl's breasts; call 'em whatever you want, they're gonna be fun to put your hands all over regardless. And while you're bickering over the names, some other dude will come by and snatch them away.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:40 PM   #559
ElectricAL
Focus Addict

^Just pointless debating, that's all

But sometimes (when you're waiting for the REAL ST to start rolling off the production lines) you just have time to kill, uknowwhatimean?

When the ought-12 STs start appearing, you can probably call the debate settled. And the ST owner's won't give a rat's WHAT the car is called, they'll just be happy. That's my prediction.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:54 PM   #560
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue83 View Post
to continue the somehow US vs SVT debate, even though this is about the euro focus in this thread.

the SVTF came with Big brakes, a German 6-speed, 2-tone leather/Recaro, Iron Block, DSI, 4-2-1 header, HID headlights, and other little things that made it different......like a Serialized build number.

ALSO....

the ZX4 "ST" (which was a total mis-use of the ST lineage and history name, much like the Ferrari Dino) was a family sedan. with a slightly amped up engine and a lil bit bigger brakes. it was NOT an SVT/ST170. not close. i'm sorry. it did not win hearts and minds like the ST170/SVT did, and it never will. its an American "shit we need SOMETHING that has some pep" answer.

honestly i don't care if the new one has the ST name. if its SVT I'd be more inclined to look at it because the front bumper would be redone for SVT fogs and that would only be a GOOD thing.

Posted via FF Mobile Sorry ST peeps, but I'd have to agree with HaveBlue on this one. The ST was not really limited production and it was pretty much a normal focus. All they did was take the 2.3l from the previous year, increase the power by 6-8 digits, made the advance trac brake package standard and threw on the svt dampers. No special colors, no special headlights, no six speed, no ford performance team spice....whatever extras it had was all parts bin. They didnt even put the entire svt focus supsension on it, and it had 16s just like every other focus! Seriously Ford? Not saying it wasnt a great car, but I wouldn't even think that this new ST is the next version of the 05-07 ST....because it wasn't. This ST is the new harder version of the previous MKii ST, which was the harder version of the ST170, or as we know it, the SVT focus. The performance numbers between the SVT and the US ST can be compared as much as you want...but that's where the comparison ends.

Bookmarks & Social Networks