High Performance 2012 Ford Focus ST - Page 47 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013-Current Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-12-2010, 12:13 PM   #461
Tbones00SE
Focus Addict

Fan#: 9982
What I Drive: 2000 Toreador Red SE

FF Reputation: 10 Tbones00SE Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by USARice View Post
No, I might have been misunderstood here.... I never said it won't be worth what it will be priced at. Not only can I not afford to buy a car brand new, it's also kind of silly to do, financially speaking. And no, the price range I'm looking for is $24k-$27k which will put it offlease for about half that if I wait for a good deal, which I did for my ST. But it won't be in that price range I'm sure, not looking like that. Time will tell I guess.

(sidenote: I know it's not that awesome but when id $15/hr become "minimum wage", especially in this economy? And WTF was that rant all about? I've been in business for well, since I was old enough to work and would love to converse with you about COGS, SGM, or anything else you'd like to speak about, but I digress....I know how it works is what I'm saying)
I think they thought you were complaining that the car wouldn't be sold at a price you could afford now, instead of what you were meaning to say that with the higher price comes a higher re-sale value so it makes the car unaffordable for you even if you wanted to buy the car off lease in a few years.

Sadly, I think you'll see more of that with all of Ford's new models. Because of the higher quality, demand and technology, the re-sale values of future Ford vehicles are going to go up. You're going to have to wait longer than when a car goes off lease, but with the higher quality you'll still be able to buy used Fords that are still in good shape even though they will have more mileage on them.
Zetec Crew #73
ATX Faction #24
Mods: Volant CAI, 65mm TB, CFM Lower Mount, VF Passenger Mount, SVT Header, SVT Cat, SVT Flex, and Trubendz 2.5" exhaust, Roush Suspension, Tune and CarPC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2010, 08:55 PM   #462
USARice
Focus Addict

Fan#: 56127
What I Drive: 2005 Silver ST, DD and AutoX

FF Reputation: 1 USARice Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
I am pretty sure you will be able to get an ST for $25k-$27k. It should be priced right around the Ralliart and the WRX. Ford would be crazy to price it over $30k, that would be what the 2013 RS is going to sell for
I dunno, I never thought I'd see a $45k Taurus either no matter how sweet it was. And 365 horses of twin blown direct injected AWD goodness is sweet, but all that technology brings up the bill as was noted already.

I could care less what the initial cost of the vehicle is other than how that will relate to the resale value. I'll let someone else pay full price and drive it for a couple years and let them take the loss on it. I'm just saying that I don't see this as being worth 50%+ more after 3 years than mine was. (admittably I paid $3k under book at the time but on the flipside ended up putting an new engine in after a couple years).

Why would anyone pay WRX money for a car with less HP that drives 2 less wheels? Aren't the new WRXs 265hp? How much can I take off for having "MyTouch" removed? That's got to be a small chunk of the price.

I'm not hating on the car by any means, like I said, I'd love to have one exacly like pictured here, but I can dream and one hand and spit in the other and see which one fills up fastest....
Old 11-12-2010, 09:00 PM   #463
mbell75
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 79288
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3

FF Reputation: 0 mbell75 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by USARice View Post
I dunno, I never thought I'd see a $45k Taurus either no matter how sweet it was. And 365 horses of twin blown direct injected AWD goodness is sweet, but all that technology brings up the bill as was noted already.

Why would anyone pay WRX money for a car with less HP that drives 2 less wheels? Aren't the new WRXs 265hp? How much can I take off for having "MyTouch" removed? That's got to be a small chunk of the price.
I agree on both points. I would already have the WRX, but I dont like 4 doors. I might change my mind in the next few years, but I am hoping for either the new 3 door RS or the 3 door Fiesta ST soon.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:55 PM   #464
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue83 View Post
http://www.thefordstory.com/our-plan...-la-auto-show/

i see a FMIC!!!! yeee ha.

i like the red and the graphics.

Didnt you say you despise the new focus st?
Posted via FF Mobile
Old 11-17-2010, 09:07 PM   #465
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue83 View Post
with all those graphics on it you can barely tell it actually look like a fish!

i never said i despise it. i am upset they chose a MS3 styled exterior with 4 doors. I think the current ST body with an engine bay to accomodate the new EcoBoost 2.0 would be much better and cheaper.

we already went through the "HaveBlue is number 1 focus ST h8ter" comments enough havent we?

next time i wont post the damn link and I'll save everyone the enjoyment of the updated info. is that better?

Posted via FF Mobile Chill...just wondering what made you warm up to it a bit.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:00 AM   #466
cyberposer
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 47278
What I Drive: silver 4 door

FF Reputation: 1 cyberposer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
ugly

That is one poorly designed car !
Old 12-03-2010, 08:42 PM   #467
Starman99
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 80909
What I Drive: 2002 Black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Starman99 Good Standing Member
Wow That is sweet

Sweet looking ride. Love the color
Old 12-10-2010, 11:18 PM   #468
rudys289
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 72744
What I Drive: '06, Focus ZX5 & '00 323i

FF Reputation: 1 rudys289 Good Standing Member
Praise the Lord ...Oh praise the Lord !
Old 12-13-2010, 11:49 AM   #469
digdug18
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 35100
What I Drive: ???

FF Reputation: 1 digdug18 Good Standing Member
I'm already saving money for a down payment for the focus rs. I just want one in 4 doors, with room for a baby seat.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:02 PM   #470
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything

Fan#: 51359
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

FF Reputation: 17 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by digdug18 View Post
I'm already saving money for a down payment for the focus rs. I just want one in 4 doors, with room for a baby seat.
Fail and Fail...

ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3

Bookmarks & Social Networks