High Performance 2012 Ford Focus ST - Page 46 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013-Current Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-05-2010, 07:49 PM   #451
wants2b rs
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 73905
What I Drive: 2003 silver frost zx3 2.0 Zetec

FF Reputation: 1 wants2b rs Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
so i was browsing through Wikipedia and i happened to read the Focus RS page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Focus_RS

now if you look at the bottom of the article in the MkIII section you will find this sentence

"The Focus RS Mk.III will be available as saloon instead of hatch back"

does anybody know if there is any truth to this? Ive been looking around for articles to back this up but i cant find any. If its true i guess im going to buy the ST instead
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2010, 07:54 PM   #452
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wants2b rs View Post
so i was browsing through Wikipedia and i happened to read the Focus RS page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Focus_RS

now if you look at the bottom of the article in the MkIII section you will find this sentence

"The Focus RS Mk.III will be available as saloon instead of hatch back"

does anybody know if there is any truth to this? Ive been looking around for articles to back this up but i cant find any. If its true i guess im going to buy the ST instead

Posted via FF Mobile yea, no where has this been stated. Last info anyone yas stated about the next RS was this.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/251496/

No idea why wiki has no mention of this.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:22 PM   #453
wants2b rs
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 73905
What I Drive: 2003 silver frost zx3 2.0 Zetec

FF Reputation: 1 wants2b rs Good Standing Member
yeah it didnt make sense to me honestly, why offer all the other trims in hatchback and not the rs?
Old 11-05-2010, 08:54 PM   #454
sjfishon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 79619
What I Drive: 2001 black se wagon

FF Reputation: 7 sjfishon Good Standing Member
Not bad for right out of the box''''' ''
Old 11-05-2010, 09:22 PM   #455
mbell75
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 79288
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3

FF Reputation: 0 mbell75 Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by wants2b rs View Post
yeah it didnt make sense to me honestly, why offer all the other trims in hatchback and not the rs?

Give me 320hp/300-325tq and I'll be good
Old 11-11-2010, 09:40 PM   #456
USARice
Focus Addict

Fan#: 56127
What I Drive: 2005 Silver ST, DD and AutoX

FF Reputation: 1 USARice Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Change nothing. Maybe make a very limited production wagon version for those of us that love wagons. I want one exactly like that one.

Now reality...

Even just off lease I probably won't be able to afford one of these. I only make $15/hour and have 2 kids. In 3 years this car will not be anywhere near the $9500 I paid for my '05 ST w/28k in the spring of '08. It's like the new SHO that I'm absolutely in love with. I know more about SHOs than any person or dealer who's tried to sell me theirs yet I've never found one quite right and unless I hit the Powerball I'll never be able to afford a new one at $43,000. So I'll drool over the pictures just like everyone else and imagine what it'd be like owning one of these fine new STs.

Great car, Mr. Mulally, but you'll price it out of the range of the people who would truly enjoy and appreciate all the work put into it the most.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:24 PM   #457
mbell75
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by USARice View Post
Even just off lease I probably won't be able to afford one of these. I only make $15/hour and have 2 kids. In 3 years this car will not be anywhere near the $9500 I paid for my '05 ST w/28k in the spring of '08. It's like the new SHO that I'm absolutely in love with. I know more about SHOs than any person or dealer who's tried to sell me theirs yet I've never found one quite right and unless I hit the Powerball I'll never be able to afford a new one at $43,000. So I'll drool over the pictures just like everyone else and imagine what it'd be like owning one of these fine new STs.

Great car, Mr. Mulally, but you'll price it out of the range of the people who would truly enjoy and appreciate all the work put into it the most.
So you expect Ford to price a high performance model in the price range minimum wagers could afford? $20k would work for you? Sure, I wouldnt mind. While we are at it, lets price those $5k courtside Lakers tickets at $80 and lower the price of gas back down to $1 a gallon! Companies are not in business to make sure the little people get nice things, they are in it to make money and thats how its always been. Thats life
Old 11-12-2010, 12:30 AM   #458
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by USARice View Post
Change nothing. Maybe make a very limited production wagon version for those of us that love wagons. I want one exactly like that one.

Now reality...

Posted via FF Mobile I think people who can afford them will like them just fine also.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:00 AM   #459
USARice
Focus Addict

Fan#: 56127
What I Drive: 2005 Silver ST, DD and AutoX

FF Reputation: 1 USARice Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
No, I might have been misunderstood here.... I never said it won't be worth what it will be priced at. Not only can I not afford to buy a car brand new, it's also kind of silly to do, financially speaking. And no, the price range I'm looking for is $24k-$27k which will put it offlease for about half that if I wait for a good deal, which I did for my ST. But it won't be in that price range I'm sure, not looking like that. Time will tell I guess.

(sidenote: I know it's not that awesome but when id $15/hr become "minimum wage", especially in this economy? And WTF was that rant all about? I've been in business for well, since I was old enough to work and would love to converse with you about COGS, SGM, or anything else you'd like to speak about, but I digress....I know how it works is what I'm saying)
Old 11-12-2010, 12:00 PM   #460
mbell75
Focus Enthusiast

I am pretty sure you will be able to get an ST for $25k-$27k. It should be priced right around the Ralliart and the WRX. Ford would be crazy to price it over $30k, that would be what the 2013 RS is going to sell for

Bookmarks & Social Networks