High Performance 2012 Ford Focus ST - Page 41 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013-Current Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-26-2010, 10:58 PM   #401
mbell75
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 79288
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3

FF Reputation: 0 mbell75 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue83 View Post
^^welcome TNDragon....i assume u know RT129 well

...and i AGREE. remember markup on the shelbys?? like 5-10 OVER LIST. lol.

"hey neighbor, i noticed u got that cool focus ST, how much did it cost ya?"

"well, a lil over $32K, but its LOADED!"

"huh.....my EVO X cost me $32K.......wanna race?"

Ummm, a Shelby is in a completely different league than a Focus I seriously doubt anyone will be marking up a Focus.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2010, 11:01 PM   #402
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:

Posted via FF Mobile Haveblue are you insane they were not marking up shelbys that much.

It was more like 15-20k. But I dont think theyll mark up the ST that much. Of course, theres rumors dealers are marking up fiestas so who knows.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:59 PM   #403
avengerc4
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(

Fan#: 493
What I Drive: 02 PWorks SVTF, 2014 Subaru Outback

FF Reputation: 4 avengerc4 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
a dealer will mark up ANY car if they can. And they will! Don't worry I sold Kia's that were marked up
Old 10-27-2010, 06:54 AM   #404
MacAttack
Focus Addict

Fan#: 79365
What I Drive: 2000 Dark Green SE

FF Reputation: 5 MacAttack Good Standing Member
Dealers desperately want to make a sale. Just use their build and price tool, bring in a print out, then demand that price.

I just can't believe people are arguing over this when the price hasn't even been announced yet. Wait until the build & price tool is up to start arguing. I don't know/think the ST will be available for build/pricing this week, but the new 2011 focus will be. That'll at least help with price estimates.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:25 AM   #405
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengerc4 View Post
a dealer will mark up ANY car if they can. And they will! Don't worry I sold Kia's that were marked up

Posted via FF Mobile Shame Shame Shaaame.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:13 AM   #406
Peregrine
I.S.A.I.K.I.

Fan#: 6009
What I Drive: '03 CD Silver SVT, '11 Mazda CX-9

FF Reputation: 112 Peregrine Excellent Standing Member Peregrine Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesvt720 View Post
The ST isn't going to be marked up $5k over list...

People I'd like to announce the 2012 ST's #1 Hater ----> HaveBlue83
Demand will force a mark up until the dealer lots are fully stocked. When I went to purchase a MS3 back in it's introductory year, a local dealer here had it marked up $6000 over sticker. Yes. $6000 over sticker price.

I put the buying materials down and walked away.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:34 AM   #407
TNDragon
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 79875
What I Drive: 2006, Voodoo Blue, FJ Cruiser

FF Reputation: 1 TNDragon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 View Post
Posted via FF Mobile Titanium Hatch starts at 22,750...if you load it up with everything you'll probably get to 26k. The ST wont come with all this stuff, at least the base model will probably be packaged like an SEL focus with the added performance features. Even if its a titanium itll be 25k. Options will probably be myford touch and winter package...and probably not much else.

And can people remeber that the wrx and whatever other of these "competition" cars with awd or whatever wont have anywhere close to the features the focus does. Granted some people dont care about some features but you still have to consider them. You cant just be like...

The ST is overpriced.
Why?
Because this car is so much faster and its only a few thousand more.
But the St comes with led headlights and heated seats and rain sensing wipers and sync system and yada yada yada. What does that car come with.
Um...power windows, single cd sound system, some other stuff...but who cares its got awd and is soooo fast.
Oh...so it comes with pretty much less equipment then a compact kia does?
....ITS SO FREAKING FAST, i can rape mustangs and vettes!
Right...

Btw congrats on the first post and welcome to FF. My comment wasnt directed at you, just general statement.
Thanks for the welcome. I have always beena fan of Mustangs and Camaros and such, but these hot little cars have come a long way in the last 10 years. They actually have motors and suspension AND design and I have a family of four. I guess it's part of cars like this being "World" cars now, instead of us getting the bunk stuff and Europe getting all the good stuff.

Quote:

I do know 129 well. I don't have a machine to hit it nowadays though. My family has a cabin just about 3 miles from the entrance on the TN side so I get to watch all the nice cars and bikes ride by all weekend and I want a little pocket rocket to hit it with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttack View Post
Dealers desperately want to make a sale. Just use their build and price tool, bring in a print out, then demand that price.

I just can't believe people are arguing over this when the price hasn't even been announced yet. Wait until the build & price tool is up to start arguing. I don't know/think the ST will be available for build/pricing this week, but the new 2011 focus will be. That'll at least help with price estimates.
Yeah, total speculation, but using experience as a tool, I say that everything usually costs more than advertised or speculated. Here's to hoping I'm wrong. On edmunds.com you can price out a 2012 Focus Titanium and I got the sport package and power sunroof and it ended up being almost $26K. We shall see I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Demand will force a mark up until the dealer lots are fully stocked. When I went to purchase a MS3 back in it's introductory year, a local dealer here had it marked up $6000 over sticker. Yes. $6000 over sticker price.

They tried to do the same thing when I bought my FJ Cruiser in 2006. They wanted an extra $1500 for glass and rustproofing. I walked away as well and I had been talking to them for about 4-5 months ahead of time.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:47 AM   #408
mmmoose
Bunneh Fanatic

Fan#: 39963
What I Drive: 2008 United Gray VW Rabbit

FF Reputation: 9 mmmoose Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post

Truth. Same reason why hatchback Fiestas are selling at $19k+ in my area. Most of them aren't even the SES trim! Anyone interested in buying a 2012 Focus at the advertised price will realistically have to wait until the end of next year. This applies to pretty much every dealership.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:58 AM   #409
TNDragon
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 79875
What I Drive: 2006, Voodoo Blue, FJ Cruiser

FF Reputation: 1 TNDragon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmoose View Post
Truth. Same reason why hatchback Fiestas are selling at $19k+ in my area. Most of them aren't even the SES trim! Anyone interested in buying a 2012 Focus at the advertised price will realistically have to wait until the end of next year. This applies to pretty much every dealership.
Case in point. I hate that when dealers do this stuff and the fact that factories allow it makes me even hotter. Why go to all the trouble of developing a car at a certain pricepoint so that it is attractive to a broader range of people, only to have your dealerships raise the price out of the segment? /boggle.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:12 AM   #410
mmmoose
Bunneh Fanatic

Fan#: 39963
What I Drive: 2008 United Gray VW Rabbit

FF Reputation: 9 mmmoose Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNDragon View Post
Case in point. I hate that when dealers do this stuff and the fact that factories allow it makes me even hotter. Why go to all the trouble of developing a car at a certain pricepoint so that it is attractive to a broader range of people, only to have your dealerships raise the price out of the segment? /boggle.
Unfortunately there are plenty of idiots out there who would be willing to pay a premium to be the first one on the block to have the newest car. As long as those idiots exist, dealerships will continue to get away with this practice. Supply and demand at its finest.

But yes, I agree that it's annoying. You just have to be patient and shop smart. On the bright side early model years usually have problems and recalls that need to be ironed out. Also think about all the suckers who went out and paid a premium price for a 2010 Mustang... hahah.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->