High Performance 2012 Ford Focus ST - Page 32 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013-Current Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-04-2010, 10:07 PM   #311
azdamay
Titular Wit Here

Fan#: 27396
What I Drive: 2004 GTO, 1986 Civic Si, 2010 TC

FF Reputation: 8 azdamay Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesvt720 View Post
I really don't understand what you consider a nice looking interior then, this?

Actually I think that's pretty cool in a weird, that's-so-ugly-it's-not kind of a way. But I tend to have a fascination with automotive oddity.

I think the new Focus interior is a whole hell of a lot nicer than anything that the United States has had before... except that there is too much "stuff" going on: lots of crap on the dash, and as pointed out, too many textures and colors on the seats of the ST.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2010, 07:20 AM   #312
mmmoose
Bunneh Fanatic

Fan#: 39963
What I Drive: 2008 United Gray VW Rabbit

FF Reputation: 9 mmmoose Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue83 View Post
um, maybe cause it's ORANGE!!!

yeah cause i don't know what a clean interior looks like...... C'MON, everyone get off the "it's awesome or leave" bandwagon. I think that's MUCH to loud for an interior.

I would like to see the fronts of the seats to see how they are shaped. all-black recaro's (since ford usually goes with them) would be lovely and CLASSY.

Finally, thank you! There are tons of examples out there. I'm also partial to Lamborghini's interiors. You can never go wrong with alcantara, leather-wrapped steering wheel/shifter, accent stitching, and very conservative (emphasis on VERY) levels of carbon fiber. Preferably in darker colors.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:53 AM   #313
Peregrine
I.S.A.I.K.I.

Fan#: 6009
What I Drive: '03 CD Silver SVT, '11 Mazda CX-9

FF Reputation: 112 Peregrine Excellent Standing MemberPeregrine Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
You can always get some AutoZone Bugs Bunny seat covers if the jazzy interior is too much.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:46 AM   #314
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything

Fan#: 51359
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

FF Reputation: 16 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Wow, so you are mad a Ford Focus doesn't have seats on par with a Ferrari and a Lambo??? Okay, that makes sense...

P.S. I'm betting they offer it in different colors to people, we've only seen the orange car...

ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
Old 10-05-2010, 09:18 AM   #315
wants2b rs
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 73905
What I Drive: 2003 silver frost zx3 2.0 Zetec

FF Reputation: 1 wants2b rs Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesvt720 View Post
Wow, so you are mad a Ford Focus doesn't have seats on par with a Ferrari and a Lambo??? Okay, that makes sense...

P.S. I'm betting they offer it in different colors to people, we've only seen the orange car...
EPIC

the way i see it is that their targeting a younger audience with this car the 20-25 year olds, those people want a more wild looking car, i know i do.
If you want a more modest and calm interior may i suggest a caddi? heck even the mustang has a more relaxed feel to its interior
Old 10-05-2010, 09:23 AM   #316
mmmoose
Bunneh Fanatic

You missed the point. You don't need a Lamborghini or Ferrari to have a good interior. Those were examples of what is good in terms of form, tones, texture, and quality.

We don't care what alternative or synthetic material is used. It can be cheaper for all I care. But if you're paying a premium price for a performance trim, it damn well better be comfortable, NOT make your eyeballs bleed, and last a very long time. The Fiesta is a good example and it's only an entry-level car. Want something a little more conservative and still cheap? Volkswagens have awesome interiors too.

Anyway I'm sure the Focus ST will offer more interior options. This whole discussion is going off on a complete tangent and becoming a little too melodramatic. It was suppose to appease the bandwagon of people who say "Put up or shut up!" I don't see what's wrong with suggesting that they tone the interior down a bit. Obviously nobody is expecting a Ferrari's interior either.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:55 AM   #317
Tbones00SE
Focus Addict

Fan#: 9982
What I Drive: 2000 Toreador Red SE

FF Reputation: 10 Tbones00SE Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 View Post
Posted via FF Mobile Correct, powershift is still fairly new and as far as I know they dont have any paddles hooked up to it yet. The focus will have a button on the shift knob that lets you up or down shift. Tbones, true, but in this case its handling a good amount more tq then the powerworks equipped engines were churning out. Im sure One day well see it once they develope the thing more. Also remeber this is for Fords, not ferraris, they are also limited by costs.
From what I understand though, Powershift is not all that new and is already offered in the current Focus overseas. You can get it mated to a 2.0 Duratorq TDCI that produces 236 lbs of torque. The difference is that it's a wet clutch system as opposed to the dry system Ford is introducing here in NA. If Ford is going to hold true to its commitment to offer PowerShift in nearly all of its models in the next 3 or 4 years then they'll have to provide a setup that can withstand more torque, especially in its bigger cars, and this car is a perfect testbed for that.

Ford, if you are reading this thread, give me this thing with PowerShift. Also include SelectShift with steering wheel paddles, thanks.
Zetec Crew #73
ATX Faction #24
Mods: Volant CAI, 65mm TB, CFM Lower Mount, VF Passenger Mount, SVT Header, SVT Cat, SVT Flex, and Trubendz 2.5" exhaust, Roush Suspension, Tune and CarPC.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:31 PM   #318
mmmoose
Bunneh Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbones00SE View Post
From what I understand though, Powershift is not all that new and is already offered in the current Focus overseas. You can get it mated to a 2.0 Duratorq TDCI that produces 236 lbs of torque. The difference is that it's a wet clutch system as opposed to the dry system Ford is introducing here in NA. If Ford is going to hold true to its commitment to offer PowerShift in nearly all of its models in the next 3 or 4 years then they'll have to provide a setup that can withstand more torque, especially in its bigger cars, and this car is a perfect testbed for that.

Ford, if you are reading this thread, give me this thing with PowerShift. Also include SelectShift with steering wheel paddles, thanks.
Completely agreed. Although a dry dual clutch system is ideal. A wet dual clutch system comes with its share of headaches and expenses. For example you have to pay around $500 for a fluid flush every 40k miles. Throw in all the scheduled maintenance expenses and you're paying nearly $1000 on one visit alone. I don't know about you but I don't have that kind of money to burn (and one reason I'm glad I didn't get a GTI).

It's only a matter of time before a more versatile dry dual clutch system is in place. I think eventually Ford will take the throne for offering one of the best low-maintenance dual clutch equipped vehicles on the market. VW is still largely limited with the wet system, and simply won't offer it in any of its entry-level vehicles within the US. Ford took a huge leap forward by offering it in the Fiesta (and for once HERE IN THE AMERICA), and it's definitely something to get excited about.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:45 PM   #319
wants2b rs
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 73905
What I Drive: 2003 silver frost zx3 2.0 Zetec

FF Reputation: 1 wants2b rs Good Standing Member
that does look very nice but i still like the seats it comes with, i wonder wich ones they will offer, the photos are not a finalized product.

i think in the long run they will go with a scheme more similar to this and offer the other seats as an option for an extra price, those suckers must cost a bundle to make
Old 10-05-2010, 08:54 PM   #320
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Posted via FF Mobile As far as I know the recaros are going to be standard in the ST, youll probably be able to get them in cloth or leather or a combination of leather and other materials. And of course theyll probably offer different colors, black and this orange is my guess.

Bookmarks & Social Networks