High Performance 2012 Ford Focus ST - Page 137 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013-Current Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-02-2012, 07:03 PM   #1361
DarkSpork
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 81461
What I Drive: 2013 VW GTI

FF Reputation: 1 DarkSpork Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang0 View Post
Auto Week just did a small article on the ST. Of course all was good. Darn now will have to compete with more people to get one. LOL Good luck getting one off the the lot for MSRP! Don't know if the rest of you guys ordering them are getting gouged though. Can't wait for a side by side comparison. I don't know if you guys read the under 30K sport car review Auto Week did a little while ago. Read if you get a chance. Ford Mustang V6 them.
I don't know. I just went by my local dealer and they priced it out for me under the X-plan (I'll be eligible as a shareholder by the time I'm ready to buy) and they said they could sell it for the price but they require a $500 deposit to place an order and hold it. Was a little under $29,000 out the door with Tangerine scream paint, ST3 package, taxes, dealer fee, registration. Sounds okay to me.

FWIW I called another dealer in a different state and they too participate in X-plan pricing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2012, 08:05 PM   #1362
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
I don't think North Dakota is in the market range where they could mark them up but in Cali or larger cities i could see it happening. I placed $500 down on my '99 Type R 6 months in advance (price was just over $25k) and when I when it was delivered they tried to stick $2500 on top of my purchase price but after a bunch of intense words I did get it out the door for sticker but $5000 seemed to be a common markup for cars that weren't pre ordered.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #1363
mustang0
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96079
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy SE HB Sport Package

FF Reputation: 1 mustang0 Good Standing Member
Us regular folk are not eligible for X plan so that doesn't work. Somewhere somebody posted dealers with Vin numbers, base model cars and I thought they were tring to sell those for around 28K so there is some mark up for ya.
65 Racestang 96 Mustang 2012 Focus SE HB Sport Pac 5 speed man. NewMission Cold Air, lunchbox Delete,Custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust, Steeda Rear Sway Bar, Steeda STS,Axis wheels, Blox shift knob,Focus elecrtic RMM, Injected 93 Tune V1 176HP 152Torque
Old 08-02-2012, 09:52 PM   #1364
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 53 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Us regular folk are not eligible for X plan so that doesn't work. Somewhere somebody posted dealers with Vin numbers, base model cars and I thought they were tring to sell those for around 28K so there is some mark up for ya.
You'd think Ford is interested in moving iron= one would think. I part I don't like is the options on the base car= all or nothing. Recaro's & a satalite stereo & nothing else. How hard is that?
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 08-02-2012, 10:55 PM   #1365
DarkSpork
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 81461
What I Drive: 2013 VW GTI

FF Reputation: 1 DarkSpork Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
I don't think North Dakota is in the market range where they could mark them up but in Cali or larger cities i could see it happening. I placed $500 down on my '99 Type R 6 months in advance (price was just over $25k) and when I when it was delivered they tried to stick $2500 on top of my purchase price but after a bunch of intense words I did get it out the door for sticker but $5000 seemed to be a common markup for cars that weren't pre ordered.
You're mistaken. Price gouging happens often here because of the oil fields. Also, travel for a better price if you want one.
Quote:
There's many ways to qualify for X-plan pricing. Here's one everybody can qualify for: shareholders who have held 100 shares for 6+ months qualify for 1 x-plan pin/year. Ford shares are hovering at about $9/share. X-plan takes $1800 off msrp for a ST with ST3 package and no other options. That's a $900 savings and if you sit on the stocks long enough they're likely to eventually go up in value (although they're going down right now due to recalls, weak European market and a decrease in US sales). But anyhow, yes you regular folk are eligible for x-plan pricing.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:32 AM   #1366
mustang0
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96079
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy SE HB Sport Package

FF Reputation: 1 mustang0 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSpork View Post
You're mistaken. Price gouging happens often here because of the oil fields. Also, travel for a better price if you want one.

There's many ways to qualify for X-plan pricing. Here's one everybody can qualify for: shareholders who have held 100 shares for 6+ months qualify for 1 x-plan pin/year. Ford shares are hovering at about $9/share. X-plan takes $1800 off msrp for a ST with ST3 package and no other options. That's a $900 savings and if you sit on the stocks long enough they're likely to eventually go up in value (although they're going down right now due to recalls, weak European market and a decrease in US sales). But anyhow, yes you regular folk are eligible for x-plan pricing.
Thanks for the info I did not know that. Interesting, maybe I'll have to buy some Ford stock.
65 Racestang 96 Mustang 2012 Focus SE HB Sport Pac 5 speed man. NewMission Cold Air, lunchbox Delete,Custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust, Steeda Rear Sway Bar, Steeda STS,Axis wheels, Blox shift knob,Focus elecrtic RMM, Injected 93 Tune V1 176HP 152Torque
Old 08-03-2012, 02:15 PM   #1367
20Focus13
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92454
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST ST3,2012 GT500 750HP

FF Reputation: 1 20Focus13 Good Standing Member
I do not know how people get the amounts of the "X" plan cars but I know the base difference for the X plan is just over $1,000 and not even close to $1800. I do not know what the "ST3" package X plan charge is but just to get the amounts closer to reality. This amount is as of today so it may change later.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #1368
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

The ST is on the cover of the new Top Gear mag UK edition as they took one 3333 miles and 12 states and the one rule was they had to avoid interstates. Just got home so I just breezed through the article but they reported a 0-60 time of 6.2 secs.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #1369
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Old 08-03-2012, 05:13 PM   #1370
Frankenbike
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101739
What I Drive: 1995 Pontiac Trans Am, 2000 Harley

FF Reputation: 1 Frankenbike Good Standing Member
When I was looking to pre-order, the westside LA and valley dealers ALL wanted over MSRP.

I contacted 22 dealers through the Ford site, and got a deal a few hundred above X-plan, which on the ST3 with moonroof was $1800 below MSRP.

Bookmarks & Social Networks