High Performance 2012 Ford Focus ST - Page 12 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013-Current Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-15-2010, 11:04 PM   #111
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzx3 View Post
$30K is what I'm betting on. $27K at the very least is what it will be but I'm betting high at $30K. Some of that is based on a survey I just took along with a few others that were present at Focus Rising and from what I've seen it's not gonna be cheap.

Posted via FF Mobile So pretty much its Kens fault if its expensive....free Ken beatings at the next focus rising meet! Like others said, it has to be competative with other hot hatches, at least in base model form. Of course Ford could always have it have very limited options and pretty much be fully loaded and sell it for a high price because they think no one is going to buy one and theyll release them in limited numbers to try to make profit....ill still blame Ken.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2010, 11:24 PM   #112
fordtec
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 76186
What I Drive: 2000 SE SEDAN,03 SVT,03 ZX-3

FF Reputation: 2 fordtec Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (63)
Its different thats for sure!

No matter what the SVT focus is allready a classic .! I will hang on to my mint 03 and enjoy old school tuning. Also don't get me wrong the new tech is nice and it will be a front runner in the new compact car wars thats for sure! FORDTEC OUT!
Old 09-16-2010, 12:19 AM   #113
alexdc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 51995
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black SVT Focus ZX5

FF Reputation: 2 alexdc Good Standing Member
the rs is in evo and sti territory.. the st is to compete with mazdaspeed 3, lancer ralliart, subaru wrx, srt4, civic si, nissan setra se-r spec v...

it has more spec in common with the mazdaspeed 3 and srt4 though. maybe wrx even though thwe wrx feels soft... but we all know it will only be available in front wheel drive....

in a article i read the next rs woud be awd... then it could compete with the evo and the soft sti.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:35 AM   #114
azdamay
Titular Wit Here

Fan#: 27396
What I Drive: 2004 GTO, 1986 Civic Si, 2010 TC

FF Reputation: 8 azdamay Good Standing Member
One more thing about the "snout" -- someone on thetruthaboutcars.com pointed out pedestrian safety regulations. I hadn't thought of that, this is a "global" car and as such must meet the more stringent pedestrian safety rules that are now in place in Europe. Still... geez put an airbag in the grille or something instead of making such weirdly-proportioned front-end styling.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:00 AM   #115
JustHereFTM
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 68588
What I Drive: 2008 Focus

FF Reputation: 7 JustHereFTM Good Standing Member
there is no way this car can start at 30k. it CANNOT. i could not pass a subaru wrx for this for about 5 grand less. i say base msrp will be about $23K-$25k and even $25k is quite pushing it... it had better be damn near fully loaded for $25k. besides, its ugly. i hope the fiesta ST offers more look for less coin!
Old 09-16-2010, 02:58 AM   #116
Twytch
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 78294
What I Drive: Betreyal, 2000 Impreza, '88 Sierra

FF Reputation: 1 Twytch Good Standing Member
I don't know guys... I dont think this thing gives off a "Focus" vibe... I drive an 02 sedan, and I like the look of the triangle headlights with markers in the grill... Honestly, the 05-07 models are alright IMO, But the 08+ just kills me to look at... And this new one, well... to be honest, it reminds me of a fish... It just looks like ford was copying trends that other companies are setting in style and design, which is a shame... they had something awesome with the original design, and I think they just threw it in the gutter and tried again from scratch... All in all, this thing just doesn't give me that "focus" feel, which is a bit dissapointing... although I do like the 250hp Eco-boost engine... Maybe i will just wait till the engine and trans are available online and swap it into my 02... I feel a project coming on...

Words from a focus noob.. .dont hate on it, this things is just a bit too fishy for my tastes...
Oh, and don't even get me started on those tail lights... WTF was ford smokin when they designed that s**t
ISR #102

1st.....2nd.....3rd.....4th......5th......GGGRRRRIINDDD!!! oops... It's only a 5 speed...
Old 09-16-2010, 03:02 AM   #117
Twytch
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 78294
What I Drive: Betreyal, 2000 Impreza, '88 Sierra

FF Reputation: 1 Twytch Good Standing Member
And BTW, Did anyone look at the tailpipe? I mean, WTF?!?!?!
ISR #102

1st.....2nd.....3rd.....4th......5th......GGGRRRRIINDDD!!! oops... It's only a 5 speed...
Old 09-16-2010, 04:46 AM   #118
anarchyamp
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 70907
What I Drive: 2002 pitch black focus SVT turbo

Points 731, Level 14
Points: 731, Level: 14 Points: 731, Level: 14 Points: 731, Level: 14
Level Up 31% Completed
Level up: 31% Level up: 31% Level up: 31%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 anarchyamp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 View Post
Posted via FF Mobile People people, stop getting bent outta shape, we dont even know how much itll cost yet. Everyones throwing out 30k, but that is definitely high, at least for a base st. Maybe itll get close once you slap on every availavle option. And no this is not being built to compete with the sti and evo, what is with people and comparig every car to these two over rated cars...flame away, but some of you really seem like you think the evo and sti is the end all gods cars...they really not, especially intheir current forms. Recently they have become over weight and over priced. What sti or evo are you getting for 30k? Sti cost alittle over 34k msrp and the evo costs alittle over 33...and thas base with no where near the options that youll get on the focus ST. Sti is even less of a good buy now that the wrx is basically just as fast and looks exactly the same. Oh and neither of these cars will have an interior close to the quality the Focus will.

St is going to compete with the GTI, MS3 and other 25k sporty cars...not 35k evos and stis. Dont get me wrong, the evo and sti are killer machines, but they are losing their lust imo and are getting fatter and more expensive. And theres alot of competition catching up and also price the same if not cheaper. Years ago these two cars were performance bargins...not so much anymore.
Yes! Definitely, fatter and more expensive. Everything you said was absolutely correct lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twytch View Post
Oh, and don't even get me started on those tail lights... WTF was ford smokin when they designed that s**t
hahaha, I know, right?
Old 09-16-2010, 06:53 AM   #119
Jmaczx4st
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 50922
What I Drive: 05 Infra-red ZX4 ST

FF Reputation: 6 Jmaczx4st Good Standing Member
Very Nice, wonder if they will have an ST owners loyalty trade Bonus? If not I don't care I would sell my kidney for one. LOL
ST Crew #86
Team Duratec #155
Old 09-16-2010, 08:03 AM   #120
JustHereFTM
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 68588
What I Drive: 2008 Focus

FF Reputation: 7 JustHereFTM Good Standing Member
luckily, i think this is a pre production preview model. meaning not quite a concept but its close to what we'll actually see. some details may be MIA when it starts to roll off production lines, like the wheels, the tail pipe, color change, etc. the back reminds me too much of a stretched dodge caliber SRT4 the front reminds me of a knock off Fisker Karma on crack. im rather unimpressed with the style and thats dissapointing but then again, i didnt really jive with the standard 2012 ford focus either

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.