FSWerks - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Marketplace > Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews

Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews Good or Bad dealings? Post your vendor, dealer or seller recommendations, feedback and comments here. Members who knowingly post false or malicious information will be banned from the site.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-25-2010, 07:44 AM   #11
lets_FOCUS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 62632
What I Drive: 2003 Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 lets_FOCUS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTA View Post
thank you!
Welcome! Do you have a lot of work under the hood or just a lot of cosmetic stuff? I'm saving my pennies for some cosmetic work in the coming spring right now. Once I get all that done I may start doing some engine work too. It's got 114,000 miles on it though :/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2010, 08:59 AM   #12
BOOSTA
Focus Addict

Fan#: 36047
What I Drive: 2003 White ZX3 2.3L Turboed Duratec

FF Reputation: 8 BOOSTA Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
I do have the Stage 1 focus sport turbo kit with tune, an exhaust system, and a 67 mm throttle body. Since my focus is an automatic thats about the most I can get out of her at the moment. Hopefully by Christmas I will have a Lentech Transmission and some forged internals. I still have to install my balance shaft delete kit and lightweight pullies which I have been sitting on for like 2 years now, lol. I figure once I get my tranny and forged parts I will install them at the same time. I also removed my spare tire and back seat and installed a really nice rear seat delete kit as well for some weight loss.

What kind of cosmetic work are you looking to do? Do you have a Duratec or Zetec. I figure maybe a Duratec since you are in NY like me and they started making the Duratecs in 03 in certain states like ours.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:27 AM   #13
lets_FOCUS
Focus Enthusiast

Yeah I have the 2.3L Duratec, never one problem with the motor, I run full synthetic every 3000 and it doesn't leak or burn a drop, but the mods for this motor are just so expensive I doubt I will do anything to it, as much as I would love to. I have the Exedy OEM clutch kit with lightweight flywheel, the FSWerks Cool-Flo CAI, and a Magnaflow Cat-Back exhaust, but that's about it.

As for cosmetic work, I am saving my pennies now and hopefully getting the work done in the spring. I want to start by shaving the door handles and trim, installing door poppers, and having the car painted black. I have gold rims on it right now and I think that will look pretty nasty. I would also like to throw on a lowering kit and convert the rear brakes to disc. I have a body kit, halo headlights, and 17" Konig rims now.

Once I get all that done is when I'll reconsider engine work. I feel like once I dump all that money into it, I will probably want to keep it around for a while longer, and I may be able to justify spending some more to make it faster! Haha.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:35 PM   #14
BOOSTA
Focus Addict

Nice man. I thought to myself when I bought my car, ahh im only going to do a few things and now im well over 10 grand invested, lol. Its definately hard to part with my car, ive thought about selling her a few times so I could buy a 350z(my fav car) but I really like my car too much to part with it.

What body kit did you have on your car, do you have pictures? Id be interested in seeing.

Once you have the car looking the way you want you will be like man I wish the car goes faster, lol.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:44 AM   #15
lets_FOCUS
Focus Enthusiast

Yeah you can probably bet money on that happening, haha once I drop all that money to make it look the way I want, I won't want to let it go any time soon and I want the performance to match the good looks! :)

I have the Poison body kit, I have some pictures, I will try and get them up here soon! I keep meaning to and forgetting. All the pics I have are so old on here.

350z's are nice cars, I was contemplating financing one next year, that or the new Hyundai Genesis Coupes! Those things are sexy!
Old 09-29-2010, 03:01 PM   #16
BOOSTA
Focus Addict

Haha yeah man, Ive had my car too long to get rid of it. When you get some pics post em up, ill get some pics of mine too.

Yeah the 350z are hot..The Hyundai Genesis Coupes are bad ass too.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:11 PM   #17
Irish
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 55224
What I Drive: 2006, Black, ZX4 ST

FF Reputation: 1 Irish Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I LOVE FSWerks. Great customer service and exremely knowledgeable. I will be/am buying 99% of my upgrades from them.
ST Crew #101
Team Duratec #237
2006 ZX4 ST
Eibach Lowering Springs, CAI, Balance Shaft Delete
Old 10-07-2010, 10:07 PM   #18
DEMENTED SVTF
PARTS HUNTER

Fan#: 71669
What I Drive: 2013 F150 FX2 5.0 SUPERCAB

FF Reputation: 9 DEMENTED SVTF Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
Great great service never a problem except i need more cash to buy my svt turbo:)
Posted via FF Mobile
Old 10-11-2010, 04:55 AM   #19
lets_FOCUS
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEMENTED SVTF View Post
Great great service never a problem except i need more cash to buy my svt turbo:)
Posted via FF Mobile
It's never a prob working with the guys, the problem is parting with your hard-earned cash :/ Wish some of the stuff was cheaper, but you get what you pay for so it's worth it in the end!
Old 10-11-2010, 02:50 PM   #20
phatcity
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 71007
What I Drive: Basic transportation

FF Reputation: 5 phatcity Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lets_FOCUS View Post
It's never a prob working with the guys, the problem is parting with your hard-earned cash :/ Wish some of the stuff was cheaper, but you get what you pay for so it's worth it in the end!
Besides the obvious quality, I know their brand parts have been tested in the real world on the Focus. Few shops can claim that. So, I know exactly what I am getting, I know it was R&D'd on a Focus, and I know what to expect on top of this is the excellent customer service. My purchases have been seamless and my questions answered directly and promptly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcatn2o View Post
You got walked because you don't have enough mods.

Bookmarks & Social Networks