rain - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > Southern Fanatics > Fanatics: Texas

Fanatics: Texas Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Texas (Lonestar) areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-10-2010, 09:01 AM   #11
deezx5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 72153
What I Drive: 2011 Gray Hyundai Elantra GLS

FF Reputation: 3 deezx5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Crap dude that sux, your focus looks clean but the exhaust seems to be off center. I'm sure you can find a bumper in the junkyard no problem but you might have to paint it unless you know somebody in CO who can greyhound it to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2010, 09:24 PM   #12
amandajane
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 73568
What I Drive: 2002 shadow grey ford focus

FF Reputation: 1 amandajane Good Standing Member
Well my girlfriend and I had a pretty rough experience in Garland that day. Drove through some high water, the engine just cut off, couldn't get the car going again as water was rising up the side of the car. By the time my girlfriend and I got out it was up to our hips. Water had already filled up most of the floor board and was almost to the seats. We were able to push it out of the water and get it off the road, humped it home with a bunch of lights flashing at us. Got the code pulled and it read a misfire in cylinder 2. Changed the plugs and the wires and it runs like a champ. We cleared the code to get the check engine light off, but the airbag light is still on and the fasten seat belt light pretty much dings at you the whole time. We were having some problems with the overdrive just shutting off today as well, but we were able to get it to turn back on. What's our problem here? Bad sensors in the floorboard? Its an '02 2.0L SPI by the way. Water was up above the tires so I don't know if I need to check out the MAF sensor as well, we just replaced it last summer. Everything seems to be fine except those lights. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 09-10-2010, 10:50 PM   #13
blackoutSVT
Lurking

Fan#: 52102
What I Drive: 86 sportster1100, 12 Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 9 blackoutSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
did water get in the car? if it did that would be why all you stuff is not working right. probably fried the air bag controls as well as the seat belt one. and probably lots of other things. if you have insurance i would call them and tell them your car got flooded..
Old 09-11-2010, 12:05 PM   #14
amandajane
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 73568
What I Drive: 2002 shadow grey ford focus

FF Reputation: 1 amandajane Good Standing Member
Yes, water filled up the floor board, almost up to the seats. Are we talking a pretty expensive fix here? We only have liability insurance. Like I said, water almost got up to the seats in the back. What all are we looking at that probably got ruined?
Old 09-13-2010, 05:28 AM   #15
blackoutSVT
Lurking

Fan#: 52102
What I Drive: 86 sportster1100, 12 Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 9 blackoutSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
carpit. a bunch of eltronics, your seats could have gotten the bottoms wet so mold their. basicly a insurance company normally total car that have this happen to them. you can clean every thing up but for like that airbag relay it's probably going to no be cheap. i have no idea with the seat belt sensor. and god knows what else is fried. sorry about that man.. that really sucks... arlington really got the short end of the stick with this storm. now you can still drive the car so thats good. but with the seat belt light on you can't get it inspected the air bag light on wont fail you. and if they tell you it will their full of shit.

Bookmarks & Social Networks