2008-2011 Picture Thread!! - Page 483 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #4821
GO.army.1969
Focus Fanatic
 
GO.army.1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Fan#: 69605
Location: FT. Lewis, WA
What I Drive: 2008 Vapor Silver Coupe 5 speed

Posts: 1,552
FF Reputation: 15 GO.army.1969 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.mogul View Post
Yes I'm sure it is exactly the same. I'll remember that next time I'm out in the country bouncing over a poorly paved road that those poor fools in Germany have to suffer the same problems at 143mph.
not every road is poorly paved you need to get out more. have you even been out of your home state or home town??
__________________
NW Posse#10 Team Duratec#69
F2 Header, Steath Exhaust, CAI, AR103, Tuned by Randy Fswerks, DGR Coil Overs
DOMINANT front and rear LCA DOMINANT endlinks Massive toe and camber arms
GO.army.1969 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-12-2012, 11:35 AM   #4822
crice8
Focus Fanatic
 
crice8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 84830
Location: tyler, TX
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

Posts: 3,386
FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Lol I love when a random person pms me asking if we can ban people because he is tired of MAC starting pointless stupid arguments in all these threads lmao hahahaha
I literally laughed out loud in the middle of this class im in when I read the PM
__________________
Galatians 6:14
crice8 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #4823
DarderSauce
Focus Addict
 
DarderSauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95564
Location: Blaine, MN
What I Drive: '08 Vermillion Red 5 speed SEdan

Posts: 1,093
FF Reputation: 5 DarderSauce Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
If it's worth anything I believe you went 140+ Crice. Even if I didn't no point to argue it. :)

Bumpin with a pic.... I love to embarass myself each summer on the wakeboard!


I believe by DarderSauce, on Flickr
__________________
If you can't wear it out, burn it off
DarderSauce is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:45 AM   #4824
crice8
Focus Fanatic
 
crice8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 84830
Location: tyler, TX
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

Posts: 3,386
FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarderSauce View Post
If it'
Que?
__________________
Galatians 6:14
crice8 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:49 AM   #4825
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic
 
mac.mogul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Fan#: 90409
Location: Wichita, KS
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

Posts: 3,702
FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GO.army.1969 View Post
not every road is poorly paved you need to get out more. have you even been out of your home state or home town??
Oh my yes, and nearly all country roads are the same. It varies by state, but i know for a fact Texas doesn't have the best. Most trips I make are on back roads because they're more interesting. I've been to San Antonio, Corpus Christi, Dallas, Houston, Amarillo, Austin, most of which were trips on country roads. I did over 2000 miles on a trip from KC, KS to Brevard, NC and back on country roads and it was a fun drive. I'm hoping to head more north and west in my future trips.

My trip to Germany was the best though. Back in 2004; we didn't do much driving but were were on the A9 for a while and I was impressed with how nice it was. I know some sections of autobahn are in terrible shape and the A7 is almost in a constant state of road works, but for the most part it was much nicer and smoother than any road I've been on apart from a brand new highway.
__________________
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

What other people think of me is none of my business.
mac.mogul is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:49 AM   #4826
PSUrivie
Focus Fanatic
 
PSUrivie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Fan#: 67329
Location: Elkridge, MD
What I Drive: Boostin in the Mid-A

Posts: 2,047
FF Reputation: 15 PSUrivie Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
I went back and forth with him once, then decided it wasn't worth it. You guys need to learn to ignore his posts. He probably gets a kick out of starting stuff with you guys. I usually scroll past his posts now.
__________________
150whp/135lbs-tq @ 13lbs.
PSUrivie is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:55 AM   #4827
crice8
Focus Fanatic
 
crice8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 84830
Location: tyler, TX
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

Posts: 3,386
FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Lol thanks man,
As for the pic the instant you go "O shit" lol then everyone says " oooooo that shit hurt" lmao hahahahah
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarderSauce View Post
If it's worth anything I believe you went 140+ Crice. Even if I didn't no point to argue it. :)

Bumpin with a pic.... I love to embarass myself each summer on the wakeboard!


I believe by DarderSauce, on Flickr
__________________
Galatians 6:14
crice8 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:59 AM   #4828
MUFFINBOY25
Focus Enthusiast
 
MUFFINBOY25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 89099
Location: haverhill, MA
What I Drive: 2011 black focus

Posts: 114
FF Reputation: 1 MUFFINBOY25 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUrivie View Post
I went back and forth with him once, then decided it wasn't worth it. You guys need to learn to ignore his posts. He probably gets a kick out of starting stuff with you guys. I usually scroll past his posts now.
I agree I have read your argument with him and I honestly don't understand why he has to cause arguments this is a place for car lovers to show their cars to others
__________________
MUFFINBOY25 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:08 PM   #4829
MUFFINBOY25
Focus Enthusiast
 
MUFFINBOY25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 89099
Location: haverhill, MA
What I Drive: 2011 black focus

Posts: 114
FF Reputation: 1 MUFFINBOY25 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarderSauce View Post
If it's worth anything I believe you went 140+ Crice. Even if I didn't no point to argue it. :)

Bumpin with a pic.... I love to embarass myself each summer on the wakeboard!


I believe by DarderSauce, on Flickr
i have done that before and it absolutely sucks when u wipeout but theirs one thing i could never stay on and it was that damn knee board hahaha
__________________
MUFFINBOY25 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:10 PM   #4830
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic
 
mac.mogul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Fan#: 90409
Location: Wichita, KS
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

Posts: 3,702
FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Aw, I'm not that bad of a guy, really. I just enjoy facts and since most of what I read around here is assumptions and hearsay, I have to go hunting for facts and bring everyone back to the real world.

Speedometers are not accurate. there can be an 8-10% error at high speeds
GPS units are not accurate. They calculate position vs time elapsed. If there is any interference at all between receiver and satellite, the position will be incorrect and the speed will not be accurate.

Do I believe you went 'fast' in your focus, yes. Anyone with half a brain can mash their foot down and go fast. Do I believe you went 140+mph fast in your Focus? Not at all. Not even close. I'd maybe believe 130, tops but never would I believe more than that without some major power adder involved or you know, proof.

PSUrivie, I believe our row was based on an argument that the oversized drinks tray you've mounted on the bottom of your bumper was somehow reducing drag and improving MPG. I presented you (and everyone) with some facts about simple aerodynamics and if you want to ignore me go right ahead and keep believing what you want.

Now, lets all shake hands and get back to the photos, huh? I love you guys, you're my best friends.
__________________
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

What other people think of me is none of my business.
mac.mogul is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.