2008-2011 Picture Thread!! - Page 449 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-11-2012, 11:08 PM   #4481
indy_11
Panamasian

Fan#: 81404
What I Drive: 2011 Blue Flame SES

FF Reputation: 7 indy_11 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
the vents are fine. color match them imo. people have made them look real good.

the rs badges are what will piss people off. im not saying dont do it, because its your car and you should make it how you like it. im just saying, since everyone out here respects the ford focus so much they won't take that too kindly. and not many people are going to get confused by the rs badges because the rest of the world sees the focus as an economy car and thats it. we see it as more. like if someone puts a cobra badge on a v6 mustang. the mustang people get pissed. theres a thread on here where a guy with a 2nd gen slapped an svt badge on his car. most people were mad, some were ok with it.

but thats pretty much why lol

annnnd i dont have anything new, but to keep the thread relevant

2011 Blue Flame Focus SES #011
December 2011 ROTM Winner! :)
I always take a poo before driving to reduce weight and increase performance
you tell me your auto is fun to drive, I laugh in your face.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2012, 11:14 PM   #4482
VonKrause
Unicorn Owner

Fan#: 72283
What I Drive: 2009 Ice Blue 5 speed 4 door FoFo

FF Reputation: 7 VonKrause Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflow94 View Post
the vents are fine. color match them imo. people have made them look real good.

the rs badges are what will piss people off. im not saying dont do it, because its your car and you should make it how you like it. im just saying, since everyone out here respects the ford focus so much they won't take that too kindly. and not many people are going to get confused by the rs badges because the rest of the world sees the focus as an economy car and thats it. we see it as more. like if someone puts a cobra badge on a v6 mustang. the mustang people get pissed. theres a thread on here where a guy with a 2nd gen slapped an svt badge on his car. most people were mad, some were ok with it.

but thats pretty much why lol
Well said, couldn't have said better myself and was even thinking about the SVT example while I was reading it. Perfect example.

Do what makes you happy just be fore warned that there will be hate for RS badges.

-VonKrause-
SR #233
Old 06-11-2012, 11:17 PM   #4483
Mumford
Focus Addict

Fan#: 99437
What I Drive: 2009, Sangria Red, SE Coupe

FF Reputation: 3 Mumford Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
OH i c lol yea well im not doin it to piss ppl off i know its not an RS and RS cars are economy cars as well or at least the Cruize is lol but any who im not going hog wild with them just in some spots like the vents lol an yea i get the cobra thing my step bro has a 95 mustang GT convertible with cobra wheels and hood lol but thats bout it i think? lol....btw nice ride u running the FRPP set up as well??
Old 06-11-2012, 11:25 PM   #4484
indy_11
Panamasian

i think its the badge that really gets people. idk how that even works. someone can put wheels on their car from a top spec model but no badges....but anyways.

thanks man, im running a similar set up, but i have tokico hp series struts and h&r sport springs. they're awesome springs, shorter than those of the frpp and eibach and they brought my car a bit lower then my old setup

the eibach springs were made for an 06-07 focus. the h&r's i have now are for the 08-11. and yes, you can put any type of focus suspension (minus the 3rd gens) on your car with the right add ons. they may look different on the outside but underneath its almost exactly the same. you'll learn more about suspension if you just explore around the forum, ask people questions and all that. just pm me if your curious about something. everyone has they're own little experience with the focus.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:45 PM   #4485
Mumford
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflow94 View Post
i think its the badge that really gets people. idk how that even works. someone can put wheels on their car from a top spec model but no badges....but anyways.

thanks man, im running a similar set up, but i have tokico hp series struts and h&r sport springs. they're awesome springs, shorter than those of the frpp and eibach and they brought my car a bit lower then my old setup

the eibach springs were made for an 06-07 focus. the h&r's i have now are for the 08-11. and yes, you can put any type of focus suspension (minus the 3rd gens) on your car with the right add ons. they may look different on the outside but underneath its almost exactly the same. you'll learn more about suspension if you just explore around the forum, ask people questions and all that. just pm me if your curious about something. everyone has they're own little experience with the focus.
well ive looked around and mostly everone is running the FRPP full kits but i cant find them...they also say that there no more lol... but ive heard that the H&R's are good as well bout the same as the FRPP...i do have one question tho changing out the shocks/springs/struts what else would you recomend i use like for sway bar/torshin bar/or pretty much anything that holds the tires to the car lol...im trying to get a good race set up going ive asked around but not alot of ppl could give me a straight answer cuse i dont think any one has ever done a race/street set up lol
Old 06-11-2012, 11:55 PM   #4486
indy_11
Panamasian

you need tires. thats what you need to focus on now. without tires forget handling. you don't want to buy to big of a sway bar because the control arms could snap without the proper reinforcement or soft springs. so i'd go with eibach's. i've tried them on another focus, they work pretty well. i haven't put any strut bars or anyting like that on my car because i dont need them. but i would recommend the rear one that goes i the trunk. heard that's the best one to put in. and if you want to spend money, tokico also makes adjustable struts and shocks for our car. so those wold be useful. soft setting for the road, hard for the track.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:14 AM   #4487
Mumford
Focus Addict

well yea i know that lol but i need a suspension over haul cuse ive been beating the hell out of my car and know it clunks every bump i make and i think its messing with the steering know lol and i travel alot esp know this summer lol so im just looking for a good suspension for right know that i could possibly use for the track if an when the time comes so that why im all set and i dont have to go out an spend more money then i have to lol so go eibach for the struts/shocks/springs? or?
Old 06-12-2012, 12:43 AM   #4488
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 90409
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
Hmm, if its clunking then it is probably your front sway bar end links that have gone bad and not your suspension.
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

Join the cause! 3 Door Fords for America! facebook.com/3DRS4US

What other people think of me is none of my business.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:56 AM   #4489
Mumford
Focus Addict

yea ive been hearing that my model yr has known issues with that but i would just like to replace everything so i know that its solid enough for me to beat on lol plus with me lowering it would like to get all new parts so that i dont have any issues like something breaking due to me lowering it lol
Old 06-12-2012, 06:05 AM   #4490
matz2453
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88492
What I Drive: 2010 black ses, 2012 Mitsu

FF Reputation: 4 matz2453 Good Standing Member
SES #031

Bookmarks & Social Networks