2008-2011 Picture Thread!! - Page 104 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace



Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2011, 10:05 AM   #1031
JDBug182
Focus Enthusiast
 
JDBug182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Fan#: 83895
Location: St. Charles, IL
What I Drive: 2009 Blue SES Coupe

Posts: 495
FF Reputation: 3 JDBug182 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
@VonKrause.....could you take a pic of the underside of your hood? Im strongly thinking about getting that hood and fabricating into the intake but I wanna know if/what I would have to work with on the underside of that BEAST....thanks
JDBug182 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-13-2011, 10:33 AM   #1032
indy_11
Panamasian
 
indy_11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Fan#: 81404
Location: Norfolk, VA
What I Drive: 2011 Blue Flame SES

Posts: 2,517
FF Reputation: 7 indy_11 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
[QUOTE=Dedbent;3818998]Just installed the headlights today:


[QUOTE]



Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammed_2.0 View Post
Ewww, only if you like popcorn flavored cotton candy.

Chrome Grille/Lamps:

lol my mind just got fd
__________________
2011 Blue Flame Focus SES #011
December 2011 ROTM Winner! :)
I always take a poo before driving to reduce weight and increase performance
you tell me your auto is fun to drive, I laugh in your face.
indy_11 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:37 AM   #1033
crice8
Focus Fanatic
 
crice8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 84830
Location: tyler, TX
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

Posts: 3,293
FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
[QUOTE=blueflow94;3820083][QUOTE=Dedbent;3818998]Just installed the headlights today:


Quote:





lol my mind just got fd
Here is the one thing holding back an awesome look(= this is my car, check out the pillars and door handles. notice no more abs ugly black? (;
__________________
May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ,
through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.
Galatians 6:14
crice8 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:38 AM   #1034
crice8
Focus Fanatic
 
crice8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 84830
Location: tyler, TX
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

Posts: 3,293
FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
and of course the mirror cover should be done also(:
__________________
May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ,
through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.
Galatians 6:14
crice8 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:46 AM   #1035
VonKrause
Unicorn Owner
 
VonKrause's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Fan#: 72283
Location: Houston, TX
What I Drive: 2009 Ice Blue 5 speed 4 door FoFo

Posts: 2,753
FF Reputation: 7 VonKrause Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBug182 View Post
@VonKrause.....could you take a pic of the underside of your hood? Im strongly thinking about getting that hood and fabricating into the intake but I wanna know if/what I would have to work with on the underside of that BEAST....thanks




From what I hear they have stopped production on this hood, but you can still find it on different parts of the internet. So if you want it hurry up cause there aren't going to be anymore
__________________
Get your trunk or hatch LED conversion kits here http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4542652#post4542652
"2nd Gen problems"
I've spent too long looking into the abyss. It's starting to look back.
SR #233
VonKrause is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:22 PM   #1036
indy_11
Panamasian
 
indy_11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Fan#: 81404
Location: Norfolk, VA
What I Drive: 2011 Blue Flame SES

Posts: 2,517
FF Reputation: 7 indy_11 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crice8 View Post

Here is the one thing holding back an awesome look(= this is my car, check out the pillars and door handles. notice no more abs ugly black? (;
how'd you do that?
__________________
2011 Blue Flame Focus SES #011
December 2011 ROTM Winner! :)
I always take a poo before driving to reduce weight and increase performance
you tell me your auto is fun to drive, I laugh in your face.
indy_11 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:36 PM   #1037
crice8
Focus Fanatic
 
crice8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 84830
Location: tyler, TX
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

Posts: 3,293
FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Holding up great! And no I went the easy fast and highly affective way haha. You can't hardly paint the abs plastic due to it's texture even with adhesion promoter. Here's how I did it. Go to eBay, buy the chrome door handle cover paint them with primer then gloss black and as much clear coat as you want till you get your desired color. I don't know how many coats of clear I put on but it was at least 4. As for the pillars it's the simplest thing ever and it makes the biggest difference ever on a focus, it's as simple as this, there are piano black pillar covers made by cf design on eBay(: they look awesome and they are very solid and have not faded, scratched or anything yet(: here's a price point of view on the mod. Every body shop I went to was going to charge at least 250 just to paint door handles and that would require me buying the primer ones form ford which would be another 200 or so. So your looking at at least 250 total if you painted them yourself or excess of 400 done by a shop just for the door handles! Cost of the handle covers-$40 (: paint primer and clear was about 25. So I have 65 in the handles and the awesome pillar covers are only 38 shipped!
__________________
May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ,
through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.
Galatians 6:14
crice8 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:40 PM   #1038
indy_11
Panamasian
 
indy_11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Fan#: 81404
Location: Norfolk, VA
What I Drive: 2011 Blue Flame SES

Posts: 2,517
FF Reputation: 7 indy_11 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crice8 View Post
Holding up great! And no I went the easy fast and highly affective way haha. You can't hardly paint the abs plastic due to it's texture even with adhesion promoter. Here's how I did it. Go to eBay, buy the chrome door handle cover paint them with primer then gloss black and as much clear coat as you want till you get your desired color. I don't know how many coats of clear I put on but it was at least 4. As for the pillars it's the simplest thing ever and it makes the biggest difference ever on a focus, it's as simple as this, there are piano black pillar covers made by cf design on eBay(: they look awesome and they are very solid and have not faded, scratched or anything yet(: here's a price point of view on the mod. Every body shop I went to was going to charge at least 250 just to paint door handles and that would require me buying the primer ones form ford which would be another 200 or so. So your looking at at least 250 total if you painted them yourself or excess of 400 done by a shop just for the door handles! Cost of the handle covers-$40 (: paint primer and clear was about 25. So I have 65 in the handles and the awesome pillar covers are only 38 shipped!
awesome thank for the tip rep added

btw, got a new paint job

__________________
2011 Blue Flame Focus SES #011
December 2011 ROTM Winner! :)
I always take a poo before driving to reduce weight and increase performance
you tell me your auto is fun to drive, I laugh in your face.
indy_11 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:07 PM   #1039
2011 SE
Focus Addict
 
2011 SE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Fan#: 80951
Location: Haverhill, MA
What I Drive: 2011 SE

Posts: 1,174
FF Reputation: 8 2011 SE Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
WHOA. Is that a metallic green?
__________________
2011 SE Manual - black exterior/interior
Eagle Eyes halo projectors using 55w 5000K DDMtuning HIDs
LED Conversion (license plate, map/dome lights), and LED Taillights
Autobots decal over Ford emblems
Flat black TFB Designs hood stripes
2011 SE is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:22 PM   #1040
indy_11
Panamasian
 
indy_11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Fan#: 81404
Location: Norfolk, VA
What I Drive: 2011 Blue Flame SES

Posts: 2,517
FF Reputation: 7 indy_11 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Yea man. Its called Malibu green freakin crazy right?
__________________
2011 Blue Flame Focus SES #011
December 2011 ROTM Winner! :)
I always take a poo before driving to reduce weight and increase performance
you tell me your auto is fun to drive, I laugh in your face.
indy_11 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.