ford fiesta!!! feedback - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-15-2010, 11:25 AM   #11
nekoashide
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 50156
What I Drive: 2010 Ford Focus S

FF Reputation: 1 nekoashide Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Next buy will be a Fiesta. But i cannot justify the dealerships gouging and lack of incentives yet.. Not to mention i want to see if the powershift is reliable to last the lifetime of the car..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2010, 11:37 AM   #12
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 27,103, Level 97
Points: 27,103, Level: 97 Points: 27,103, Level: 97 Points: 27,103, Level: 97
Level Up 76% Completed
Level up: 76% Level up: 76% Level up: 76%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Check out www.fiestafly.com, FF's sister site for Fiestas.

$21k is close to what the retail price was on my ZXW, actually, the ZXW was cheaper. For that much you figure they could've made a bigger back seat. For giggles, I'm going to go check out www.fordvehicles.com.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:53 AM   #13
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Points 27,103, Level 97
Level Up 76% Completed
Forum Activity 4%
FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
I just built and priced a fully loaded SES with moonroof, graphics, and 3D carbon kit for $23,494.

Built and priced MazdaSpeed3 with $80 floor mats compared to the $150 mats in the Fiesta, and it cost $26,380 which included the MazdaSpeed tech package, 10 speaker Bose system, 6 disc MP3 capable in dash changer. I couldn't find the moonroof. Of course, you'll only get 25 mpg according to Mazda compared to 40 mpg with the Fiesta according to Ford. I guess it wouldn't take long before the Mazda was much more expensive than the Fiesta, but you sure could take along some passengers to help levy the cost.

The baby is up now, but I'll be back to build a Mustang and Focus.

Quote:
Old 08-15-2010, 12:13 PM   #14
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynotthinkwhynot View Post
I just built and priced a fully loaded SES with moonroof, graphics, and 3D carbon kit for $23,494.

Built and priced MazdaSpeed3 with $80 floor mats compared to the $150 mats in the Fiesta, and it cost $26,380 which included the MazdaSpeed tech package, 10 speaker Bose system, 6 disc MP3 capable in dash changer. I couldn't find the moonroof. Of course, you'll only get 25 mpg according to Mazda compared to 40 mpg with the Fiesta according to Ford. I guess it wouldn't take long before the Mazda was much more expensive than the Fiesta, but you sure could take along some passengers to help levy the cost.

The baby is up now, but I'll be back to build a Mustang and Focus.
A fully loaded fiesta does get up there, but thats with like every possible option. You could get a lot of cars for that price, like a base mustang v6. Of course itll be base and have no options.

Posted via FF Mobile
Old 08-15-2010, 12:21 PM   #15
mmmoose
Bunneh Fanatic

Fan#: 39963
What I Drive: 2008 United Gray VW Rabbit

FF Reputation: 9 mmmoose Good Standing Member
whynotthinkwhynot, I agree that's a little insane. I understand that they improved the interior and threw in a bunch of "luxury" options not found in other cars of its class. But c'mon, I've got a slightly larger car with better interior, tons of passenger/cargo space, heated seats, rubber floor mats, splash guards, CD player, AC, power everything, multi-link IRS, way more horsepower/torque, four wheel disc brakes, 16" alloys, ABS, traction control, and a ton of other stuff... and I only paid a little over $17k.

After having driven the Fiesta yesterday, I'm going to have to say that I absolutely loved the design and handling A LOT. But it's something only the Mini Cooper crowd could truly appreciate. However that's not going to help push sales... and for that reason I think they could still cut some additional fat (as far as features go) and keep knocking the price down to be on par with the Mazda2.

I also test drove the 2.5L Mazda3 sedan a few months ago. And although it was way less fun than the Fiesta, admittedly it would probably be the more sensible choice. You'll have usable rear leg room, more power, multi-link IRS, and four-wheel disc brakes to boot. Unless Ford finds a way to knock the prices down, it will probably remain a niche market car on par with the Mini Cooper.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:22 PM   #16
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Points 27,103, Level 97
Level Up 76% Completed
Forum Activity 4%
OK, I was disappointed in the Mustang options online. I couldn't find the one with the optional 3.73 ratio rear end, or upgraded brakes like all those tested in magazines. All of the options I saw online were simply appearance packages, the best looking of which was the Mustang club of America package.

It seems that Ford is pulling some very old tricks to boost the opinion of magazine editors.

Quote:
Old 08-15-2010, 03:18 PM   #17
r1derbike
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62667
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport Hatch - Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 4 r1derbike Good Standing Member
You don't want a new Fit. Trust me. My wife has one. She now hates it. It gets blown all over the road. It sounds like you are in a bass drum. Sure, it has a lot of cargo space and it is a marvel of cargo options, but the interior is econo box cheap.

She got the sporty version, too. The power steering assist (too much) deadens the steering feedback completely. The brakes do not release smoothly, when rolling to a stop (they let go, at once).

The accelerator touch is so light, you could blow on it and do 50 mph. The asymmetrical layout of the center stack, looks clownish, as do the large, different sized knobs.

She much prefers my '10 SES. She says it has a more solid, luxury feel to it. The Focus is not without its problems, either, but won't dwell on that here.

I do know one thing; I'd take the Fiesta over the Fit (doesn't matter, no kids here), and I've not driven a Fiesta yet. The only glaring issue(s) with the Fiesta (to me), are the equally clownish center stack, and ridiculous chrome "kitsch" below the headlights.

Charles
Old 08-15-2010, 05:37 PM   #18
focus11
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 62411
What I Drive: Honda Civic

FF Reputation: 2 focus11 Good Standing Member
I took a Fiesta SE hatchback w/Powershift on quite a long test drive yesterday morning and came away extremely impressed. I drove along a very windy, narrow and steep road and then drove up and down some fairly hilly freeways for a sustained period. I was driving nearly 80 mph on the freeway up a hill without even breaking a sweat. The Fiesta drives like a car one size up. Excellent power, performance, handling, steering, quietness, refinement, and quality. My only qualm is room for the driver. I'm 6'2" and built pretty big and it seems like the door pull (part of the armrest) sticks out too much. Much left leg is constantly right up against it and my right leg right up against the middle console. It feels a bit confining. It would definitely take some getting used to. This is by far the best B-segment car out their. The SE is the way better value. I think right now I'm going to wait for the new, next-generation 2012 Focus which will be a little bigger.

I used to have a 2009 (2nd generation) Honda Fit base model and I got to a point where I couldn't stand it any longer. I moved from a C-segment car to a B-segment car (Fit) and back to a C-segment car. I think the compact class is about as small as I want to go. The Fit was not right for me not just because of its size but also it seemed unrefined and had a harsh, almost punishing ride to it. I would not recommend the Fit to anyone.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:51 PM   #19
JibLxA
Focus Addict

Fan#: 65903
What I Drive: 2003 Screaming Yellow SVT EAP #841

FF Reputation: 2 JibLxA Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynotthinkwhynot View Post
OK, I was disappointed in the Mustang options online. I couldn't find the one with the optional 3.73 ratio rear end, or upgraded brakes like all those tested in magazines. All of the options I saw online were simply appearance packages, the best looking of which was the Mustang club of America package.

It seems that Ford is pulling some very old tricks to boost the opinion of magazine editors.
Idk why you couldn't find those option with the Mustang. When I built one a little while ago I put the 3.73 ratio and I think the upgraded brakes are the GT brakes, but might just be in one of the packages.
'03 Screaming Yellow SVT EAP #841 Built 04/01/2003
'01 Twilight Blue Sedan (SOLD)

Hatch Nation #04
Old 08-15-2010, 08:04 PM   #20
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Points 27,103, Level 97
Level Up 76% Completed
Forum Activity 4%
Quote:
Originally Posted by JibLxA View Post
Idk why you couldn't find those option with the Mustang. When I built one a little while ago I put the 3.73 ratio and I think the upgraded brakes are the GT brakes, but might just be in one of the packages.

I tried again, found the 3.31 ratio, and I remembered that was the V6, the V8 had the 3.73. I did not find where to add larger brakes- that might be a dealer added item. I also could not find the package upgrade mentioned in the magazines.

I'm not trying to disrespect people who love Fiestas by pointing out that other cars are cheaper. If you're in the market for a little car like that- then compare between the others. I'm more into smacking Ford upside the head for the high prices. Sure, it's a technological marvel, and one of the little cars that can get out of it's own way- with good build quality. I just think that customers who are looking in this market will look over things like cheapness, focus more on price, and that will mean there are more Yaris on the road. Then again, I could be wrong- freaking Smart cars are outrageously expensive for what you get in the USA with the stupid gasoline models.

Quote:

Bookmarks & Social Networks