Wheels: The RS's I Never Knew I Had (UPDATED PICS POST 40) - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-31-2010, 11:12 PM   #1
kenzx3
Say NO to FRPP Drops

Fan#: 42651
What I Drive: '00 ZX3, '03 ZX3, '07 ZX3

FF Reputation: 125 kenzx3 Excellent Standing Memberkenzx3 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (49)
Talking Wheels: The RS's I Never Knew I Had (UPDATED PICS POST 40)

Over 3 years ago my '07 ZX3 with SAP was owned by a guy named Simon. He bought it down at Ford Dealer located in Florida while he was down there working / golfing as he liked the looks of the SAP Kit as well as the ability to hide his Golf Clubs in the Hatch. He then moved it to Virginia with him and that's where the story begins. He wanted to do alot to it but started with the first mod, 18" OZ Racing RS Focus Wheels:

He wanted to do the SVT Brakes, a Saleen Suspension, and a few power adders particularly from Cosworth Soon unfortunately he found another car that he wanted instead after putting only 5,000 Miles on it. He removed the OZ Wheels RS Focus Wheels and put them into Storage and put the Stock 16's back on. He traded the '07 in at a DC Area MEGA-Dealership.

The '07 sat for a few months at the Mega-Dealership in this pictured state:

One Day while bored down at college yours truly found that '07 ZX3 with SAP and only 5,000 Miles on it on the net a few miles south in DC. I had to check it out as I was looking for a second Focus as a Daily Driver. I knew what it was because as a few of you remember I had an '03 ZX3 that I had big plans for. All that changed when I took that '07 ZX3 with SAP and 5,000 Miles for a Test Drive at the Mega-Dealership. The following day after receiving a bonus from work the week prior I bought that car and started some new big plans for it and you guys know most of those plans and have seen them completed.

Over 3 Years Pass. About a month ago I was surfing Craigslist looking at Wheels being the Wheel Whore that I am and I find a set of OZ Racing RS Focus Wheels down in the Washington DC-Area. The pictures in the ad listing have an '07 Liquid Gray ZX3 with SAP in it with those OZ Wheels Mounted on it. I start thinking to myself, wow that looks like my car. Anyway I email the seller, the seller named Simon gets back to me and says come pick them up. I email him back and say I'll be down. I also state how I own a Focus just like the one he has in his pictures in the Ad. He says he sold the car to a Mega-Dealership in the Washington DC-Area. A lightbulb goes off, is that my car? I email him back a few more times and we determine that this is my '07 ZX3 with SAP that I picked up 3 Years ago at that Mega-Dealership in the Washington, DC Area, deja-vu! I go to pick up the OZ Racing RS Focus Wheels and I meet up with Simon, we discuss about the car and he comments on the mods and how that's the same direction he wanted to take it. We talked for probably an Hour on it.

These wheels pictured below on my '07 are the same wheels that were on my '07 ZX3 with SAP from over 3 Years Ago. These are brand new to me but definitely not new to my car. I definitely had a moment this past week when I had brand new Hankook Ventus V4 tires mounted to them and I put them on the '07. I wanted to have my new KW Coilovers put on before debuting these as it would make the car look a ton lower but ran out of time and my ADD kicked in and I had to rock the OZ's LOL!. Here are a few pics that I took tonight on the way home from a car cruise-in up in Harrisburg, these wheels were meant to be and I will never sell them, they will go with the '07 if I ever get rid of it:

Enjoy, the story that these were on the car prior to my ownership made these wheels for me and they are being treated with as much care as I give my '07. They are a part of it now and I love them. I cannot wait to put the KW Coilovers on the '07 in the next coming months.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2010, 11:18 PM   #2
captcurt_18
Freeskiing Fanatic!

Fan#: 49565
What I Drive: 2005 Light Tundra ZX4

FF Reputation: 26 captcurt_18 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Wow Ken, those look beautiful.
Sedan Revolution Member #120
University of Montana
Photoshop Guru! PM me if you need something chopped up
Give me rep if im helpful!
Old 07-31-2010, 11:23 PM   #3
kenzx3
Say NO to FRPP Drops

FF Reputation: 125 kenzx3 Excellent Standing Memberkenzx3 Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by captcurt_18 View Post
Wow Ken, those look beautiful.
Thanks man, I cannot wait for the Coilovers to go on.

I'm honestly looking at a set of the new Second Gen Green RS Recaros to go in the '07 too as I'm thinking about swapping the Roush stuff to the '03.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:28 PM   #4
arrestmespi
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 27586
What I Drive: '04 Mazdaspeed Mx-5, '72 M35A2

FF Reputation: 27 arrestmespi Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
whore
Old 07-31-2010, 11:28 PM   #5
blackoutSVT
Lurking

Fan#: 52102
What I Drive: 86 sportster1100, 12 Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 9 blackoutSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
that is a great story.. and the car looks great.. man.. you car is nice.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:29 PM   #6
kenzx3
Say NO to FRPP Drops

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrestmespi View Post
whore
11 Sets! You ain't lying
Old 07-31-2010, 11:30 PM   #7
norcalfocus01
Registered

Fan#: 55603
What I Drive: White N Gold 2001 Sedan

FF Reputation: 132 norcalfocus01 Excellent Standing Membernorcalfocus01 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Wow it was meant to be. They look awesome.

So what are the plans for the 03 anymore?
Old 07-31-2010, 11:31 PM   #8
kenzx3
Say NO to FRPP Drops

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackoutSVT View Post
that is a great story.. and the car looks great.. man.. you car is nice.
Thanks man, the story made the wheels to me, without the story they'd be just another score of wheels I bought off craigslist. These now have a story to go with them.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:34 PM   #9
kenzx3
Say NO to FRPP Drops

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalfocus01 View Post
Wow it was meant to be. They look awesome.

So what are the plans for the 03 anymore?
Thanks,

The plans for the '03 are kind of at a stand still right now as alot of stuff needs to be fixed as it's hitting "that time" where stuff starts breaking. But after that is all fixed, I'm gonna start a Roush swap on it. Body, Turbo, Everything. My Roush stuff out of the '03 will go in there eventually as I want green RS Recaros from the new RS in the '07 after "enjoying" them soooooo much out at SEMA in the RS in Ford's Booth.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:50 PM   #10
mikebontoft
Toxx

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
that's a great story ken....... so weird when stuff like that happens.

So I gotta say, a drop did a TON for that car. lol. before I was thinking how bad those wheels looked when it was his, but then I look at these it looks really good.
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parting) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-sold) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod racecar) | '75 BMW 2002 (donor -sold) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (alt. daily).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics

Bookmarks & Social Networks