Me and my bad luck - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > ZETEC Performance (2000-2004)

ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-27-2003, 12:19 AM   #1
ALL_MOTOR_ZETEC
Project All Motor

Fan#: 1114
What I Drive: 2000 Sedan SE with Zetec engine

FF Reputation: 1 ALL_MOTOR_ZETEC Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (-1)
Unhappy Me and my bad luck

I have bad luck!! . I installed my Intake a couple days ago, and well after I got it installed I wanted to take it for a drive around my driveway, one problem!, the car wouldn't start. When I tried starting it, it made a clicking noise. We'll I talked to Mofocus on AIM, and he said it probley the battery so today I went out to my car, the interior light was dim so I'm like yea it is the battery, So I charge the Battery. After letting it charge, I go to my car, this time the interior light was brighter, put my key in they ignition and when I turn it over, the interior light jus goes out and it makes more of a clicking noise, and the ABS and another light are flashing but are dim, and the green light that comes on when you turn the AC on was flickering and I didnt have the AC on, I take the key out and it still making the clicking sound and the AC light is still flashing. Anyone know what the [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]*!! is wrong?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2003, 12:29 AM   #2
hotfocus
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12
What I Drive: OLD: '00 Black ZX3, New: Pontiac G6

FF Reputation: 1 hotfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
If its a bad battery charging it wont help, you need to replace it.
Old 10-27-2003, 12:35 AM   #3
beowulf
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 456
What I Drive: 03 Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 beowulf Good Standing Member
First I would tell you to put your original intake back on. But I dont see how that would affect your battery unless, somehow you unwittingly disconected something in the install and removing the new intake might shed some light on the subject. In fact I noticed on my car, when I took the resonater off of the air box that there are two grounds connected to the wheel well right behind the battery and below the air box. Check those and make sure you didn't disconnect them or hurt those grounds in anyway. That may be your problem. I can see how in taking the airbox out how you might have hurt one or both of those somehow.
Old 10-27-2003, 12:36 AM   #4
ALL_MOTOR_ZETEC
Project All Motor

We'll I'm not sure if it is the battery because after I charged it, the interior light was normal and shit, but when I tried starting it, the interior light went out, and did that other shit I posted above, and why would it be making that clicking noise and the AC light flickering when the key is out?
Old 10-27-2003, 01:43 AM   #5
EuroZX3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 39
What I Drive: 05 Black Scion TC

FF Reputation: 1 EuroZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
do u have any corrosion on the positive cable? use a steal wool brush to clean it off. it can prevent the battery from making a good connection and wont provide the power to crank over.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:14 AM   #6
jpickles
Focus Addict

Fan#: 415
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 jpickles Good Standing Member
Possibly check the wires for starter and alternator as well, in case one of them got bumped.

There is nothing we can do, the hippies have us surrounded, and they look like they have the munchies!
Old 10-27-2003, 07:30 AM   #7
whoaizmyflow
Crypt Keeper

Fan#: 106
What I Drive: 2001 Civic EX

FF Reputation: 1 whoaizmyflow Good Standing Member
Ouch. Nothing is worse than having something happen that you have no idea how it happened. I don't have the patience for it and I know that you probably don't as well as we are in the same "mental boat" lol.
Old 10-27-2003, 07:38 AM   #8
ALL_MOTOR_ZETEC
Project All Motor

^^^^ HAHA, yeah. It's pissing me off, cuz I put on a intake and then my car doesn't start lol, this time I didn't flip out tho
Old 10-27-2003, 09:55 AM   #9
beowulf
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 456
What I Drive: 03 Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 beowulf Good Standing Member
Like I said probably the only way you are going to figure it out is to remove the new intake and retrace your steps and check all wires you can check. If one doesn't have a good contact it could cause the symptoms you are talking about. If the terminals are corroded it could do the same thing.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:52 AM   #10
Sublime

Fan#: 192
What I Drive: 02 Focus ZTS, 02 Escape V6, 80 Turbo T/A

FF Reputation: 1 Sublime Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
I had the same problem on my Contour and was the starter. It clicked like hell and I put a new one on and that was it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->