NASA buttonwillow CCW #1 6/26-27/10 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Road Racing & Rally

Road Racing & Rally The place to discuss information about road/rally racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-28-2010, 04:32 PM   #1
RickB
Focus Addict

Fan#: 20575
What I Drive: 2005 Charcoal Gray ZX3

FF Reputation: 7 RickB Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
NASA buttonwillow CCW #1 6/26-27/10

My track weekend couldn't have gone better, I finally got my Nasa TimeTrial class sorted and was placed in TTA, the first session on sunday i ran the fastest TTA lap of the weekend of 2.09:3, so i was happy about that. But what i was more pleased about was the performance of the car, prior to the event i made a decent amount of changes. I had my oil cooler relocated to a spot that would get more clean air, and also made radiator shrouding since i have had cooling issues in the past over summer. I also changed up my tire make and model, i have been running dunlop star specs and developing the car on them for the past year and a half, but after trying the Hankook RS3's on the Mini cooper i drive for Redline time attack, i wanted to give them a shot on my focus. Not only was it a different tire but bigger as well, i went from the star specs in 245/40/17 up front and 215/45/17 in rear, to the RS3s in 255/40/17 front and 225/45/17 rear. As well as the tire change, i bumped up front camber since last NASA event at WSIR , i was more on the outside edge of the tire then i would've liked that weekend. The entire weekend in 90-100 degree heat, the cars fluid temps stayed cool and the tire/alignment setup was just what the doctor ordered pyrometer temps and tire pressures confirmed the tires were being used well. Im excited to get back to WSIR or CW #13 buttonwillow to see what the setup can throw down.

here is a video from one of the run sessions during the weekend

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

pics from the weekend my friend took

Last edited by RickB; 06-29-2010 at 03:45 AM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks