Awful product quality and even worse customer service from Massive!!! - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Marketplace > Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews

Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews Good or Bad dealings? Post your vendor, dealer or seller recommendations, feedback and comments here. Members who knowingly post false or malicious information will be banned from the site.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 11:18 AM   #1
focuztyle
Focus Addict

Fan#: 28785
What I Drive: Built ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 focuztyle Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Thumbs down Awful product quality and even worse customer service from Massive!!!

So, I bought the valve cover kit for $129.99 because they won't sell you just the bolts individually, i installed it yesterday and when I was tighting up the bolts on the valve cover and I as i read on the manual and the forum-because it doesn't come with any instructions-I tighten and then one more turn and a half, this will equal out to +/-60in/tq; as I'm doing it one of the grommets (BRAND NEW KIT) cracks on the side.
So i do what anyone else would do, I call Massive to tell them about the faulty grommet in hopes to be able to send this one in to them, if they really want to see it, and have them send me another one, since the kit new from them. Karl tells me "I damaged it by over tighting it", only because I miss worded 60 "in"/tq and said 60 "ft"/lb. He says " im not going to break a $30 kit to make you happy, I don't have them individually", when he told me at first that he doesn't sell the parts off the kit, just the kit together.I then asked him if he can contact his provider, as I'm sure he has them individually, he says "NO, I'M NOT going to do that". He also says, "i couldn't have done 60"ft"/tq because I would've damaged the head and vavlve cover"....which are fine, of course!
So he obviously knows i couldn't have done 60 FT/lb, but he took that route only so he can blame me for his poor quality.
I'm really sorry that i ordered from them and wished that for $129.99 we would be able to receive better quality product that won't break upon install. First and last time I will ever contact those people, bad customer service and will not move enought even to make a phone call for customer service!
It is understood that things sit in shelfs for some time before it makes to our hands and this being a rubber piece it may be older than we may know, and for this and any other reason you would ask your self, "why would you not attempt to help a customer that just bought this from your company in the last week, you obviously already profitted from the sale?"

Thanks for nothing, Massive and specially Karl.

Rich
Rich
Thanks for nothing

One-off Crew member #1

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2010, 11:24 AM   #2
scrammer
Banned

Fan#: 26570
What I Drive: February 2010 ROTM

FF Reputation: 172 scrammer Excellent Standing Member scrammer Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
your not the first to experience this exact problem. Kenzx3 did this kit too and got the same customer service. except i believe that with his, his valve cover wouldnt seal.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:26 AM   #3
mlbbaseball
Shot me 3 deer!!!

Fan#: 53541
What I Drive: 01 zx3 s2 x2, 02 SVT, Jeep Cherokee

FF Reputation: 42 mlbbaseball Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (69)
wow, that REALLY sucks!!! try calling them again and see if you get someone other than karl

2004 SVT EAP partout, PM me with needs.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:36 AM   #4
jmiller_1974
Flipping Rockstar

Fan#: 57165
What I Drive: Black 02 SVT #2998

FF Reputation: 28 jmiller_1974 Great Standing Member
I once asked Karl a question in PM about one of Their products, with ZERO response. Made My choice easy. I got what I needed somewhere else. Shame really, We have a very limited amount of aftermarket parts/providers to choose from, one would hope that We'd be drawn towards them, not pushed to Their direct competition...

Old 06-23-2010, 12:12 PM   #5
focuztyle
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller_1974 View Post
I once asked Karl a question in PM about one of Their products, with ZERO response. Made My choice easy. I got what I needed somewhere else. Shame really, We have a very limited amount of aftermarket parts/providers to choose from, one would hope that We'd be drawn towards them, not pushed to Their direct competition...
Yeah, that was my problem! i couldn't find one else that had that product avalaible.....It really does suck that the little people we have with our products know it and take advantage of this....

Rich
One-off Crew member #1

Old 06-23-2010, 12:14 PM   #6
focuztyle
Focus Addict

Oh yeah! and he eve has the cojones to say that in whatever "years with this product, we've never had a problem with it"

Rich
One-off Crew member #1

Old 06-23-2010, 01:07 PM   #7
disciplerocks
GT40 all the things!

Fan#: 59330
What I Drive: 04 ZX3, 12 Hatch

FF Reputation: 13 disciplerocks Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Bummer. I do not have any Massive products, but Karl seemed like a pretty cool guy when i met him last year.
89 Bronco II XLT Crawler

Old 06-23-2010, 05:53 PM   #8
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Fan#: 55157
What I Drive: zx3 turbo, kia soul, 71 chevy c/10

FF Reputation: 35 focusmaniaczx3 Great Standing Member
ive been buying parts from massive for years and have never had a problem with them. on the very rare occasions that i HAVE had a problem karl has been extremely helpful and went out of his way to make things right. awhile back i bought a holley carb from them and it had been damaged in shipping and when i called the directly started a ups claim. i put in an order for some koni shocks from them not long after before the insurance check had cleared and they just went ahead and applied the difference from what i was getting back for the carb to the shocks so i didnt pay hardly a dime out of pocket that day and they hadnt even gotten the insurance check for the damaged carb yet. you must have caught him on a bad day or something. that is all i can think of. i will keep going back to massive again and again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I love this big little city HOOTERS !
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!

Old 06-23-2010, 07:34 PM   #9
focuztyle
Focus Addict

And that's all that you can ask for, the ANY seller to stand by his product and ATTEMPT to assist with good customer service; not tell the person that you don't care if your upset, like he did to me.

Rich
One-off Crew member #1

Old 06-23-2010, 07:40 PM   #10
focuztyle
Focus Addict

faulty product can come form anywhere and from the best and/or worst companies, is how you fix any mistake or problem with anything that comes from your shop or store.....

Rich
One-off Crew member #1

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Tags
customer , karl , massive , valver cover
-->