Aem Sucks!!!!!!!! - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-27-2004, 05:43 PM   #1
rfinger
/fail

Fan#: 2799
What I Drive: F150 FX4

Points 9,721, Level 66
Points: 9,721, Level: 66 Points: 9,721, Level: 66 Points: 9,721, Level: 66
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 rfinger Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Aem Sucks!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone Im not one to usually get all that upset about a lot of things but i just wanted to tell everyone my beef with AEM and ask what I should do about it. Well let me setup everything for everyone first. I have a 01 ZX3 ATX with a AEM Short Ram and a magnaflow exhaust. Well ever since I put on the short ram I have had nothing but trouble with it, mainly being that I have had a rough idle and a problem with my car cutting off and bogging down. So I didnt think that it could be my intake at first so I have been to ford numerous amounts of times and got my fuel pump recall done and my entire car checked out from top to bottom to figure out maybe what the trouble was. Well they never found anything so I called AEM the FIRST time and they said some common things to check out basically that vaccum leaks and things of that nature. So I checked to see if I had anything like that going on and found that I didnt have any vaccum leaks or anything like that. Next I just quit driving the car for a while and drove my camry for the time being and I never really even thought about it. Well when summer came around I figured that I would get the car back out and start driving it again. Well no more than a day went by and the car started doing its crap again. So again I went to a mechanic and checked everything out and found nothing again. But I figured I would go ahead and get new spark plugs and wires and do just the normal stuff. Well it still has been doing it for like 2 or 3 months. I finally had enough so I just put back on my stock intake and bingo problem solved nothing was wrong with the car didnt bog down or anything. So today I figured that I would try to call AEM AGAIN and ask what they would reccomend that I do to fix the problem that I had or if I could send it in and just get the same type of intake again (i thought that it might be a defective unit or something). Well when I called and started talking to the "Tech Support" people, they went through the whole thing with vaccum leaks and such and I informed them that I had already done this and my whole situation with the tune up stuff and the mechanics and the whole check engine light not coming on thing. I then asked if by chance I might be able to send them my intake for another intake of the same kind and that I thoght that I might just have a defective intake. After a second or two of silence the only thing he said was that they didnt have anything like that happen on their test vehicles and that it was just my car and that he would not return mine for another. They also said that I have not diagnosed the problem. WTF??????? Hell there is plenty of people on this forum that have the same exact problems with their intake as I do mine. I thought that AEM was an upstanding company and was great with customer service. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER THING
FROM AEM IN MY LIFE. Sorry for being so long winded but it had to come out. Does anyone know what I can do to get this problem fixed???? Any input would help GREATLY. I am at my wits end!!!!!

"When everything works, it's a sheer joy to drive." - Jeremy Clarkson
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2004, 05:46 PM   #2
crazy_urn
Capt. Urn

Fan#: 1986
What I Drive: 77 F-250, 10 HHR, 08 Outlook

FF Reputation: 5 crazy_urn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
did you recet your ECU when you installed the intake?
Old 08-27-2004, 05:48 PM   #3
dwdgsi03
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2298
What I Drive: 2000 Midship Runabout

FF Reputation: 1 dwdgsi03 Good Standing Member
Did you have the MAF sensor on facing the right way? That's pretty much the only thing i can think of with the exception of the stuff you named off already.
Old 08-27-2004, 05:48 PM   #4
focaltech

Fan#: 490
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 focaltech Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (-1)
I think your only option is to get rid of that short ram and get a different intake, I assume an AEM CAI is out of the question? LOL j/k.
Old 08-27-2004, 05:55 PM   #5
focusedintentions
Focus Addict

Fan#: 7850
What I Drive: 07 Infiniti G35 6mt coupe silver

FF Reputation: 1 focusedintentions Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm gonna bet the ecu was never reset on this one........

Not to be a jackass or anything...but why is I see so many people on the forum that do mod's and never reset the ecu....i can't count how many times in different threads i've seen the "reset the ecu after doing any mod" line...c'mon people PAY ATTENTION!
My SVT is #604 of 1079
One of 104 with EAP
Old 08-27-2004, 06:08 PM   #6
crazy_urn
Capt. Urn

Fan#: 1986
What I Drive: 77 F-250, 10 HHR, 08 Outlook

FF Reputation: 5 crazy_urn Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by focusedintentions
I'm gonna bet the ecu was never reset on this one........

Not to be a jackass or anything...but why is I see so many people on the forum that do mod's and never reset the ecu....i can't count how many times in different threads i've seen the "reset the ecu after doing any mod" line...c'mon people PAY ATTENTION!
first, this has already been said.

second, no reason to be an a$$.
Old 08-27-2004, 06:29 PM   #7
rfinger
/fail

Points 9,721, Level 66
Level Up 18% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
maf sensor facing the right way???? I havent thought about that one how should it be faced??? Other than that what else would make this happen?? Oh and yes as I first said in the original post YES i did reset the ecu lol

Old 08-27-2004, 06:31 PM   #8
rfinger
/fail

Points 9,721, Level 66
Level Up 18% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
aem cai maybe but I dont really want to spend the money for another entire intake when they might be able to help with the one i already have........... my main thing here is their customer service and their lack of taking responsibility for MAYBE having one defective intake....

Old 08-27-2004, 06:56 PM   #9
racerdan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10484
What I Drive: 04 Silver SVT 858 of 1978 Born Ja

FF Reputation: 1 racerdan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have to agree on reseting the ECU. I just installed an AEM short ram on my SVT a week ago/ I sounded better but didn't really feel better. I had a hose come off and I had to reset to clear the check engine light. Man what a difference. I runs like a little rocket now.

You ain't old enough to have that much to bitch about!!!
Old 08-27-2004, 07:10 PM   #10
rfinger
/fail

Points 9,721, Level 66
Level Up 18% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
I have reset the ecu already................it didnt help at all

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.