favorite and most hated parts of basic training - Page 5 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Off-Topic Discussions > Military Fanatics

Military Fanatics A place dedicated to our members in uniform. Here you can hang out, share stories as well as keep us updated with day-to-day activities.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-13-2010, 06:39 PM   #41
djo90
because race car

Fan#: 60957
What I Drive: 2007 ms3

FF Reputation: 6 djo90 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GO.army.1969 View Post
I liked all parts of BCT. What I did not like was 02 to 03 fire gard very 'en night for ten weeks.
What excactly is fire guard? I'm joining the army soon and everyone I know that's in says something about fire guard and they don't tell me what it is. Dosn't seem like something that would be classified
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2010, 09:46 AM   #42
strung
PIMP'N AINT EASY

Fan#: 44516
What I Drive: 06 RED ST/SAP1

FF Reputation: 34 strung Great Standing Member
^its a pain in the ass dude...i hated it as well..ur sleep is the most important thing in basic..fire guard screws that up...when i was in two people out of ur platoon have to get up at odd hours(shifts) and basically chill out for an hour and watch the place at night..for basic reasons..fire, people wandering around and for security of the barracks..somone wakes you up and then you wake up the person to relieve you....THIS was my most hated part of basic.
ST CREW #62
put your motor where your mouth is.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:07 PM   #43
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: kermit

Points 14,608, Level 78
Points: 14,608, Level: 78 Points: 14,608, Level: 78 Points: 14,608, Level: 78
Level Up 40% Completed
Level up: 40% Level up: 40% Level up: 40%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
youngsters...lol
Am I the only one that did basic at dix? Most of you that know it think its a reserve/guard training center, but it once was a full fledged army base.
remember a bad rainstorm that our ds decided would be a good time to run... after dark of course. ankle deep water and alot of injuries since you couldnt see potholes and the edge of the road. he got his butt handed to him after that and we never did see him again.
the gas chamber was the best. remove your mask and say name, rank, serial number, then do 15 jumping jacks. no friggin way you couldnt get a good dose. do remember a rather large tree out the back door. that sob hurt like a mofo when you came running out and couldnt see a damn thing, not even that old tree that was about 6-8 feet across. It did take your mind off the cs effect tho, in a rather large hurry...lol

lol, fire guard so sucked... but our boots were always nice and shiny. nothing much else to do that polish pair after pair of boots...

Last edited by gonefhsn; 08-15-2010 at 09:55 AM.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:47 PM   #44
Fucus-minded
Focus Addict

Fan#: 72986
What I Drive: 2003, black, Ford Focus SE Wagon

FF Reputation: 3 Fucus-minded Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
lol, I went to dix for PLDC, they call it WLC now. Let me tell you PLDC in Dix was no joke I would think basic there must have been rough, all those swamps and swamps oh yea the freaking swamps in the cold.
I went through basic and AIT in good ole relaxin Jackson, hated it! Was told it was the first co-ed bct there and I am sure that is why it sucked all the more...females there but couldn't so much as look at them let alone use them as a mattress, had to carry all their crap when they fell off of marches, just blew. best part of basic was when my mom came down for fam. day and she cursed the ds out because as he was yelling at a kid from Puerto Rico, he let a lil spit fly on the kid's face...my mom got right up on his face and bitched him out, we got so insanely smoked afterward but it was so freaking worth it cause he couldn't do shite about it, lol. fire guard sucked too but I paid 10 bucks to get out of it often so not so bad.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:24 AM   #45
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Points 14,608, Level 78
Level Up 40% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
ok, how many here know what a cattle truck is?
Old 09-27-2010, 03:36 AM   #46
blackoutSVT
Lurking

Fan#: 52102
What I Drive: 86 sportster1100, 12 Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 9 blackoutSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by goinloco1 View Post
i do since we had to ride in one every week...lol i hated that thing.. we started mooing till the DS droped us.. we go droped so much we put front leaning rest position. MOVE! on our shirts..lol
Old 09-27-2010, 05:17 PM   #47
SanduskySerpents
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 78065
What I Drive: 02 Silver Focus SE

FF Reputation: 4 SanduskySerpents Good Standing Member
Worst was medical. Got stuck for 2 hours while they kept doing my blood pressure (too high).

Best- The freezing cold of great lakes,IL in the month of December.

.....Getting out now on a medical discharge....I have heart problems.....
Old 09-28-2010, 02:04 AM   #48
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Points 14,608, Level 78
Level Up 40% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackoutSVT View Post
i do since we had to ride in one every week...lol i hated that thing.. we started mooing till the DS droped us.. we go droped so much we put front leaning rest position. MOVE! on our shirts..lol
I hated the sob when everyone tried to get on with packs on their back, wasn't ever enough room without them even,

ahh, final ftx, and a ds that either hated us or was just a masochist. couldnt figure out why we were throwing our packs in a truck that morning. then off we go with our weapon and web gear... tactical road march of course...23 miles through the sands of ft. dix, and 1:30 am we arrive at the bivouac site. to pitch our pups, dig our foxholes, and play games the rest of the night. then its pack back up, load bags on a truck, then pack in a cattle truck. Only to find when we get to the barracks that they were going to do pt, then weapons cleaning and turn in.
Yay, a full bore 24+ hrs of road march and war games, only to find out we were staying up almost another full 24 hrs. bunch of dirty, stinking, fully worn out gi's we were.

wow, I just remembered my basic unit... A-3-3, alpha gators...lol

Last edited by CJohn364; 09-28-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:37 AM   #49
blackoutSVT
Lurking

Fan#: 52102
What I Drive: 86 sportster1100, 12 Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 9 blackoutSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
Quote:
I hated the sob when everyone tried to get on with packs on their back, wasn't ever enough room without them even,
oh don't even get me started on that..lol i had a pack in my face with just enough room to breath and some one had their rifle in my ass and a foor on my crotch..lmao.. thats what hapens when you try and fit over 50 people in a truck ment to hold 30..lol..
Old 09-28-2010, 12:29 PM   #50
GO.army.1969
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 69605
What I Drive: 2008 Vapor Silver Coupe 5 speed

Points 2,851, Level 32
Points: 2,851, Level: 32 Points: 2,851, Level: 32 Points: 2,851, Level: 32
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 15 GO.army.1969 Great Standing Member
Quote:
I do DS said you have 15 sec to get off 10 are gone and the last one owes me 1200 push ups.

Quote:
ahh, final ftx, and a ds that either hated us or was just a masochist. couldnt figure out why we were throwing our packs in a truck that morning. then off we go with our weapon and web gear... tactical road march of course...23 miles through the sands of ft. dix, and 1:30 am we arrive at the bivouac site. to pitch our pups, dig our foxholes, and play games the rest of the night. then its pack back up, load bags on a truck, then pack in a cattle truck. Only to find when we get to the barracks that they were going to do pt, then weapons cleaning and turn in.
Yay, a full bore 24+ hrs of road march and war games, only to find out we were staying up almost another full 24 hrs. bunch of dirty, stinking, fully worn out gi's we were.

wow, I just remembered my basic unit... A-3-3, alpha gators...lol
I rember the same thing but mine was at FT. lost in the woods way back in the day ya 1988. (Also did up down goes in full mop 4 gear) not hear of these days. I got out in 1991 then back in the Army Nov 07
NW Posse#10 Team Duratec#69
F2 Header, Steath Exhaust, CAI, AR103, Tuned by Randy Fswerks, DGR Coil Overs
DOMINANT front and rear LCA DOMINANT endlinks Massive toe and camber arms

Bookmarks & Social Networks