Mopar power that Ford needs to imitate - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-26-2004, 09:35 PM   #1
hbm1
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 6219
What I Drive: 2003 FOCUS SVT ZX5 Pitch Black

FF Reputation: 1 hbm1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Angry Mopar power that Ford needs to imitate

Okay, I just went on the Mopar site and was checking out the stuff they have for the SRT-4. I was astounded to find out that they have 3 turbo stage kits that take the SRT-4 that makes it close to WRX STi and EVO performance. That real shocker is that the stage 2 kit is only $999. Now, I don't care what anyone says, the Focus SVT is a nice car but I regret not getting the SRT-4. Why hasn't Ford stepped up to the plate and offered something similar for it's Focus buyers. Turbo Tom's kit is alot compared to this Mopar kit. Will Mopar always have the upper muscle hand over Ford. You can have a close to 300hp/torque car for less than $25,000. Yes, it looks like a grocery cart but with that kind of performance who cares. If anyone at SVT and/or Ford is listening, c'mon step up your game or else you are going to lose alot of market share in sub-compact arena.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2004, 09:37 PM   #2
ZETEC3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 81
What I Drive: 2003 Liquid grey ZX3, 95 240SX SE

FF Reputation: 1 ZETEC3 Good Standing Member
The Reason why toms kit is much more expensive than the Mopar stage 3 kit is that it is easier and cheaper to acheive those number on a car that started out turbocharged as oppose to a car that doesnt.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:43 PM   #3
punkdrummer18286
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9310
What I Drive: 2005 Ford Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 punkdrummer18286 Good Standing Member
Yeah, those are just upgrades to the already stock turbo setup. With buying tom's kit (or anybody elses FI), you have to put the FI in your car because ours are naturally aspirated compared to the FI cars like the STI's, SRT's and WRX's. And with the Stage 3 kit, the SRT's would be catching up if not beating the EVO's and STI's. But of course if you have the money to buy them, you have the money to mod them so they wouldn't be stock for very long.

PARTS SOLD!!!
Old 08-26-2004, 09:47 PM   #4
ZETEC3
Focus Fanatic

Well actually Stage 2 is enough to kill stock or mildly modded EVO's and STI's on stock boost level from a roll.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:55 PM   #5
frogg5872
Focus Addict

Fan#: 2578
What I Drive: one slow focus...for now

FF Reputation: 1 frogg5872 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I myself would not want them to "imitate" rather blow it out of the water. Plus i have seen tons of pics of totalled SRT-4's b/c of the crappy suspension.

If you regret buying not buying one then you just shoulda saved more money. Myself, if i just wanted a fast ass car, i would take the $20,000 for the srt-4, buy an old 5.o for like $3000 and dump alot into the engine-then i could kill the srt-4 (which still IS a neon) and have money left over. And for those who are gonna say "the srt would be faster in the curves" then i would take the remaining money and put it into the suspension STEVE MCQUEEN STYLE!
Old 08-26-2004, 09:57 PM   #6
frogg5872
Focus Addict

and why is this is Forced induction and not General????
Old 08-26-2004, 10:06 PM   #7
ZETEC3
Focus Fanatic

All of the wrecked SRT-4's arnt so much from having a bad suspension cuz the 2004 and up SRT-4's actually run through the slalom faster than the focus svt. But the wrecks are more becuz of 15 and 16 year kids who have watched the fast and the furious too many times and have no idea how to drive in the first place let alone handle the power.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:11 PM   #8
hbm1
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 6219
What I Drive: 2003 FOCUS SVT ZX5 Pitch Black

FF Reputation: 1 hbm1 Good Standing Member
I was going to say the same thing. We are talking about forced induction (i.e. stage kits vs turbo tom).
Old 08-26-2004, 10:11 PM   #9
kinkyfink
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10255
What I Drive: 2006 Pitch Black ZX4 ST

FF Reputation: 1 kinkyfink Good Standing Member
Quote:
Why hasn't Ford stepped up to the plate and offered something similar for it's Focus buyers
The word on the streets is the 06 SVT is coming stock with turbo...but who knows for sure.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:40 PM   #10
frogg5872
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by hbm1
I was going to say the same thing. We are talking about forced induction (i.e. stage kits vs turbo tom).
Actually the intention portayed to me at least by your post is why doesnt ford make parts to compete with all the mopar stuff.

But a turbo SVT would be cool.....awd would be sick.

Bookmarks & Social Networks