Rear Camber Adjustments??? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis

Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis The place to go for answers on brakes, suspension, camber, alignment and more.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-26-2004, 07:08 PM   #1
Ford Freak 9603
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 8593
What I Drive: 2003 Focus ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 Ford Freak 9603 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Rear Camber Adjustments???

I did some searching and it seems that everyone is saying that with the Eibach Pro system, you would not need a rear camber kit. And, I also read that there is no rear camber adjustments on a Focus.

So then explain this. I have the Eibach Pro system (1.5" drop). And look at my camber on the rear tires... (Car has not been aligned yet) (Picture Below)

I do have the rear Camber kit, but does anyone have directions from them? All I have is the 2 bolts.

-J

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2004, 07:40 PM   #2
[ZX3]Brucity
Focus Addict

Fan#: 4204
What I Drive: Silver 2000 ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 [ZX3]Brucity Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Have the car aligned first. They will adjust the camber accordingly as much as they can with the stock bolts. If there is still too much camber after the alignment then get a camber kit.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:09 PM   #3
scironzts
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 893
What I Drive: '04 ZTW

FF Reputation: 1 scironzts Good Standing Member
That's nothing compared to my camber issues I have on my sedan. LOL. But man, yeah, the camber bolts will help. Not sure exactly how to go about installing/adjusting them, but I will be putting them on real soon (as soon as I get my Steeda Toe adjusting arms).
Old 08-30-2004, 05:20 PM   #4
Ford Freak 9603
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 8593
What I Drive: 2003 Focus ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 Ford Freak 9603 Good Standing Member
Well, I got it aligned and the specs should be between -2.3 +0.3 And right now I'm at -2.0

So its still within the specs, but I think I'm going to install the bolts and get it more towards the middle.

-J
Old 08-30-2004, 11:43 PM   #5
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: 13 stang

FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
definitly camber bolts and fc adjustable toe links on the rear. after mine was lowered it ate the inside edges of new tire in about 2k. right now i'm running about 1 deg. of camber (bolts are maxed) and slight toe on each tire. can tell you it handles awsome and no tire wear so far (except what i ate off at the rushmore g2g ).
a side effect of the toe links is that they use heim jounts and no bushings. effectivly making the front lower control arm a solid piece with no flex side to side. does you're dog wag its tail in the wind or behind trucks? since i added these two, mine no longer does.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->