my focus vs modded evo... - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-11-2010, 11:51 AM   #21
forcedfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 72073
What I Drive: 2004 silver zx3

FF Reputation: 4 forcedfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by focuzed1 View Post
nope thats wrong... i have 412wtq at 5500rpm and it holds until 6800.. i hit full boost right about 3200rpm.. so im gettting full power by 4k and it holds and starts to fall off at 6800..

That is impossible. Hp is nothing more than a calculation of torque and RPM. If you are making the same torque at a certain rpm as someone else you are also making the same HP they are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2010, 01:10 PM   #22
focuzed1
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 10722
What I Drive: 2002 liquid grey zx3

FF Reputation: 16 focuzed1 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
if you say so.. it also has to do with how fast you hit that power.. my car has always made more tq than most other focuses at the same rpm.. on several different dynow.. its always made more tq than hp..
Old 06-11-2010, 01:13 PM   #23
forcedfocus
Focus Enthusiast

If you were making 400wtq @ 6800rpm (RPM X WTQ)/5250=whp @ that rpm.

So 400x6800=2720000/5250=518whp@6800

lets say you are making 400whp @ 6800 rpm 400x5250=2100000/6800=308wtq so I was right on the money!
Old 06-12-2010, 01:19 AM   #24
focuzed1
Focus Fanatic

lol... ok.. so you know all.. i have dyno slips that prove other wise... and you can talk to tom he tuned my car himself.. and my car has always put more tq than hp.. nothing is always guaranteed.. numbers can be wrong.. those are suppose to be formulas and not alwasy do formulas work.. but if you dont want to believe me i really dont car.. the point is i can be rolling at 75mph roll into my throttle and it smokes the tires past 115.. 3rd gear is useless on my car in the high setting and it smokes some of 4th.. and thats nexen 225 tires.. actually thats been every tire ive put on it.. now ive never run drs yet.. but if you math is always right then how is it that my car has always put more tq down then hp? and how come you can adjust your tq like jared did.. to put down less or more.. based on what he wanted while still getting high hp #s?the first time he put down 400whp he was at like 420wtq.. or something.. and he was breaking stuff so he lowered tq and raised hp so he could get a better time at the track and not brake things.. and also how come so many other cars put down more tq than hp? and mine has done this on several different dynos.. all about the same.. within a couple of hp and tq..
Old 06-12-2010, 05:44 AM   #25
forcedfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by focuzed1 View Post
lol... ok.. so you know all.. i have dyno slips that prove other wise... and you can talk to tom he tuned my car himself.. and my car has always put more tq than hp.. nothing is always guaranteed.. numbers can be wrong.. those are suppose to be formulas and not alwasy do formulas work.. but if you dont want to believe me i really dont car.. the point is i can be rolling at 75mph roll into my throttle and it smokes the tires past 115.. 3rd gear is useless on my car in the high setting and it smokes some of 4th.. and thats nexen 225 tires.. actually thats been every tire ive put on it.. now ive never run drs yet.. but if you math is always right then how is it that my car has always put more tq down then hp? and how come you can adjust your tq like jared did.. to put down less or more.. based on what he wanted while still getting high hp #s?the first time he put down 400whp he was at like 420wtq.. or something.. and he was breaking stuff so he lowered tq and raised hp so he could get a better time at the track and not brake things.. and also how come so many other cars put down more tq than hp? and mine has done this on several different dynos.. all about the same.. within a couple of hp and tq..
I believe that your car makes more torque than hp but it these "formulas" are the laws of Physics man! All Im saying is that you make peak tq 412 or 420 whatever it is and then it tapers off to around 300ftlbs at 7k. If you have 400ftlbs @ 6500rpm then have OVER 500hp at 6500rpm. And at 5250 rpm HP and TQ are ALWAYS the same. This is not a theory or just some formula this is the way it works and how it is period.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:11 AM   #26
forcedfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Ok, I have been thinking all morning at work about how to better explain this to you because you must just not understand the concept.

Torque is a force which is measurable. A footpound is the ammount of forced needed to move 1lb at a distance of 1ft from the centerline radius of a rotaiting object. Horsepower is work and is not measurable, it is a claculated number. Work is a force applied over a distance. So HP is basically is the application of torque over RPM. So HP and TQ are always related via RPM if you know 2 you can calculate the 3rd. Torque will always be higher than HP before 5250rpm and TQ will always be lower than HP after 5250 rpm.

Like I stated before the formula is HP=(TQxRPM)/5250
Old 06-12-2010, 09:35 AM   #27
02_z_x_3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 53977
What I Drive: 02 zx3

FF Reputation: 9 02_z_x_3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
i believe there are way too many variables to be able to use this formula with accurate results.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:53 AM   #28
forcedfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02_z_x_3 View Post
i believe there are way too many variables to be able to use this formula with accurate results.
Are you g kidding? This is not up for debate it is a LAW OF PHYSICS it is constant will never change. Look at someones dyno chart and do the math its right 100% of the time.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:11 AM   #29
focuzed1
Focus Fanatic

ok.. i misunderstood what you were saying.. yeah my tq does taper off at the end.. i built it that way.. i wanted my most power and tq in my usable range.. my hp maxes out about 4500-5000 then drops just so slightly and my tq maxes out around 4000-5000 and tapers off ever so slightly and then both start to fall off aroun 6800-7000.. cuz thats about where i shift.. so i built the car to put my power in the most usable range for me.. i mean when i say it tapers off its not alot.. it holds pretty strong it maybe drops 10-20 on each at most until we shift at 6500-6800.. and like the other guy says there are way to many variables in this to use formulas all the time.. humidity.. air temp... speed... dyno.. fuel... spark.. i mean every single one of those effects everything when it comes to power.. but the point all together is i need some more meat on my tires to the ground and if i can get a wider rim that will allow a wider tire making more certain that it will hook up..
Old 06-12-2010, 11:05 AM   #30
SYZ
FocusFreak

Fan#: 31122
What I Drive: toxic waste

FF Reputation: 106 SYZ Excellent Standing Member SYZ Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
wow guys. I can't believe you are arguing w/ a law of physics. Maybe you guys aren't understanding what forcedfocus is saying?

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->