nitrous? - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Exclusive Vendor Discussions > Focus-Power Tuning

Focus-Power Tuning Discuss about force induction upgrades and performance tuning for your Ford Focus.
Sponsored By: Focus-Power

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-05-2010, 08:43 PM   #1
KRYPTO
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 45267
What I Drive: 02 race car red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 KRYPTO Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
nitrous?

Tom thinking of doing a 100-150 shot on my SVT is this something you'd be able to tune through email?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2010, 09:01 PM   #2
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
150 is a little stout , I would start with the 50 and work up , you will need a wide band

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 06-05-2010, 11:45 PM   #3
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Fan#: 55157
What I Drive: zx3 turbo, kia soul, 71 chevy c/10

FF Reputation: 34 focusmaniaczx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
if you are going that big you better be darn sure to have all the bells and whistles to help protect your engine. A/F shutoff switch that will shut the nitrous system off if you start to lean out will probably be a must for that large of a shot. just a friendly suggestion
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I love this big little city HOOTERS !
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!
Old 06-06-2010, 12:50 AM   #4
MajicBlurpleSVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 34980
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 MajicBlurpleSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
you dont nesasaraly need the wide band (extreamly good to have tho) all you realy need is a WET!! kit 1 step colder plugs for the 35- 50 shot and 2 steps colder for the 75-100 shot and an ecu tuner that alows user progamable paramiters like timeing and wot fuel and a wot switch and when you are going to run the giggle gas retard the timeing on the tuner 2+* from idle to max that the flasher will allow and richen the wot fuel 10% or more (bin running it this way for over 5000 miles of bottle use no prob) and you should be good to go and i cant stress this enuf make sure the plugs you get are colder plugs for the SVT motor not the normal ztech (burnt a nickle sized hole in piston cus of wrong plugs used stock heat ranged svt plugs with the 100 shot not my fault the place i orderd from sent me the 2 steps colder norm ztech plugs witch i belive are stock heat SVT plugs)
Old 06-06-2010, 03:35 AM   #5
KRYPTO
Focus Enthusiast

I already have a wideband and planning a WET set up. With window and progressive controller along with shut off switch. Will also be doing 2 steps colder plug.
I should be able to run a 100 shot safe with just this and a tune?

I was thinking turbo, but for the cost this just seems cheaper and easier to get working. I'm not looking for no 500whp monster or anything, just a little more something. I'm to use to the car and its getting real boring to drive.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:52 AM   #6
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajicBlurpleSVT View Post
you dont nesasaraly need the wide band (extreamly good to have tho) all you realy need is a WET!! kit 1 step colder plugs for the 35- 50 shot and 2 steps colder for the 75-100 shot and an ecu tuner that alows user progamable paramiters like timeing and wot fuel and a wot switch and when you are going to run the giggle gas retard the timeing on the tuner 2+* from idle to max that the flasher will allow and richen the wot fuel 10% or more (bin running it this way for over 5000 miles of bottle use no prob) and you should be good to go and i cant stress this enuf make sure the plugs you get are colder plugs for the SVT motor not the normal ztech (burnt a nickle sized hole in piston cus of wrong plugs used stock heat ranged svt plugs with the 100 shot not my fault the place i orderd from sent me the 2 steps colder norm ztech plugs witch i belive are stock heat SVT plugs)
Now let me get this straight , You say a wide band isnt needed but in 5000 miles of running your engine on nitrous you already burned a piston from being lean ? No plugs dont burn holes in pistons from being 1 to 2 heat ranges off , Running lean burns holes in pistons but you give advise about not running an air fuel gauge , and give advise about lack-luster poor tuning

There is no plug on the market that is actually a .980 reach , 2 steps colder then stock , The SP463 is 1 step and all the others claiming in the book listed that I have bought and looked at were all HOTTER then stock yet they say there colder

Nothing gets me going more then boy-wonders coming in with bad advise about how to run boost or nitrous and do self tuning yet make statements that shows he doesnt have a clue what he is talking about and to top it off how he has blown an engine from exactly what he is giving advise on what you dont need , YOU NEED A WIDE BAND , YOU NEED PROPER TUNING

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 06-06-2010, 09:54 AM   #7
03OrangeSVT
LETS TURN DIRT!!!!

Fan#: 19169
What I Drive: MINI Cooper S TURBO

FF Reputation: 152 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
yeah..... I'm pretty sure the melted piston isnt caused from the plugs.
2004 Harley V-Rod.... sex on wheels
2011 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited
[/b]
Old 06-06-2010, 10:06 AM   #8
KRYPTO
Focus Enthusiast

Thanks Tom.
In your opinion whats the best way to so this? parts, brands, safety features, and w not.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:30 PM   #9
MajicBlurpleSVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 34980
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 MajicBlurpleSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
tom i understand what your saying and i know i need a wide band dont have the cash for it right now and no i wasnt running the retatarded timeing and uping the fuel at that time now i am the plug was an denso iridium itv22 that shatered and melted the ground strap and pieces of it were melted into the piston creating a few hot spots that melted through the piston withe constant use with the bad plug and hot spot and i have since got a new motor that i have bin useing the nos for 5k in with the right plugs uped fuel and retarded timeing when i do use the nos and bin checking reguarly with a borescope and checking the plugs after every run to make sure i dont make the same mistake again. and the op all ready has a wide band so hes way better off than i am i was just saying he could run the nos without it if he did the right things with the fuel timeing and plugs for now untill he gets a proper tune and everything.

Last edited by MajicBlurpleSVT; 06-06-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:54 PM   #10
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Fan#: 55157
What I Drive: zx3 turbo, kia soul, 71 chevy c/10

FF Reputation: 34 focusmaniaczx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
lets have a little Q and A shall we?
Q: can you run nitrous without a tune?
A: yes you can
Q: how much can you run without a tune?
A: as much as you want
Q: if you can run nitrous without a tune then what is the purpose of a tune?
A: to keep you from blowing up your engine
Q: but you said i can run nitrous without a tune
A: i said you can run nitrous without a tune but i didnt say you wouldnt blow yourself sky high

that is basically where this thread is going to lead. running giggle gas untuned is a bad idea. using it without wide band is a bad idea. running it with hotter plugs is a bad idea. if you cut corners to save money then you might as well not use the nitrous at all because chances are you are going to end up spending even more money on a rebuild than you would have for the safeties in the first place. that is unless your intent is to blow up your car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I love this big little city HOOTERS !
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!

Bookmarks & Social Networks