Well, guess I'm the next one on the casualty list - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-31-2004, 08:52 AM   #1
DrunkenMountie
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9059
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 DrunkenMountie Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Well, guess I'm the next one on the casualty list

A week ago today (Tuesday the 24th of August) I moved into my new apartment and started getting ready for school. As some of you know, the Woodward Dream Cruise was the week before, so my car had had a rough week (no burnouts though). I get up to my apartment, get moved in and everything, and as I'm driving to school today I heard the dreaded "pop can under the car" noise. I'm heading home on Labor day weekend in hopes of getting the car fixed by my dealer back home. I don't trust the shifty dealership here in Kalamazoo, for reasons I wont go into. Can anyone tell me how long the dealership took to fix their car when this happened? I don't want to have to wait until Christmas to get my baby fixed .

#2082 of 4788

35% Tint
Steeda Short Throw Shifter
Painted Calipers (upcoming)

For those who believe an open lane is all the freedom one will ever need, there is SVT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2004, 08:55 AM   #2
jpickles
Focus Addict

Fan#: 415
What I Drive: 2002 Pitch Black ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 jpickles Good Standing Member
That sucks. Hope it goes superquick for you.

There is nothing we can do, the hippies have us surrounded, and they look like they have the munchies!
Old 08-31-2004, 09:05 AM   #3
R&DSVTZX5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1093
What I Drive: 2007 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V

FF Reputation: 1 R&DSVTZX5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I'm assuming you are talking about the dreaded new flywheel/clutch replacement. If so it should not take that long on the repair work, "if" parts come in on time and the service tech is not behind or overloaded.

From my service experience, the longest I've had to wait has not been the fault of the service dept itself, it's been the no show of parts.

When you take your SVTF in for the service work, stay on top of it, explain the problem and how it's a common thing for the SVTF to have this replacement. There is even a TSB on it, arm yourself with that, I believe the more upfront knowledge you give the faster things will move along for you and your car. If you have a service writer worth his or her .02 you should be in and out in a few days at the most.

Best of luck to you and keep us updated.

"Why ask, when the answer you hear is not what you wish to hear, nor the answer you were seeking?"
Old 08-31-2004, 09:12 AM   #4
DrunkenMountie
Focus Enthusiast

Yeah, the reason I want to take it home is because I know a guy in the service dept. and he normally works really quick and doesn't give me warranty problems. I always come in and talk to him like I know exactly what is going on with the car, and most of the time I do. He's had to order my parts before, and they came in next day, so all I can do is hope I guess. Thats good to hear though, I have faith he can get me back on the road quick.
#2082 of 4788

35% Tint

For those who believe an open lane is all the freedom one will ever need, there is SVT.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:18 AM   #5
CivicHatch+SVT-F
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 4136
What I Drive: Chris=96 Civic Hatch

FF Reputation: 4 CivicHatch+SVT-F Good Standing Member
how many miles are on your SVT?

Ek hatch
- JDM b16 (SiRII) swap, Kaaz 1.5 way LSD, Evo2 exhaust, shorty intake, hi-flow cat, B&M 2-bend shifter, gutted, lightweight bucket CF seats, weighs in @ 2250lbs
Old 08-31-2004, 09:25 AM   #6
DrunkenMountie
Focus Enthusiast

A little bit over 26,000
#2082 of 4788

35% Tint

Old 08-31-2004, 09:39 AM   #7
R&DSVTZX5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1093
What I Drive: 2007 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V

FF Reputation: 1 R&DSVTZX5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally posted by DrunkenMountie
A little bit over 26,000
Just thankful this has happen while you are still under warranty.

Quote:
DrunkenMountie Yeah, the reason I want to take it home is because I know a guy in the service dept. and he normally works really quick and doesn't give me warranty problems. I always come in and talk to him like I know exactly what is going on with the car, and most of the time I do. He's had to order my parts before, and they came in next day, so all I can do is hope I guess. Thats good to hear though, I have faith he can get me back on the road quick.
I don't blame you on wanting to take it home for the service work. It's good to know someone, at least you know your car is in good hands.

"Why ask, when the answer you hear is not what you wish to hear, nor the answer you were seeking?"

Bookmarks & Social Networks