Who knew.... - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Focus

MK1 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the first generation 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-14-2010, 07:05 PM   #21
ChuckDee
Ehh...

Fan#: 43589
What I Drive: 02 SC SVT

Points 17,655, Level 84
Points: 17,655, Level: 84 Points: 17,655, Level: 84 Points: 17,655, Level: 84
Level Up 61% Completed
Level up: 61% Level up: 61% Level up: 61%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 48 ChuckDee Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
^^thank you sir. there should be a textbook definition of the word "rice", so everyone can stop calling certain things they dont like rice. and carbon fiber has one objective, to be lighter than the OEM counterpart. so painted or not, it shouldn't matter cause its lightweight and even looks is what you're going for. also mainly now these days ppl get cf stuff is for looks. i mean really is an -30 lbs really gonna make a difference for ur car, if you car is still heavy with all the other stock pieces on it? unless if you're really serious about making ur car light then getting just a cf trunk, hood or anything else wouldnt make a difference as far as performance, speed or handling goes for your focus.

in other words, "hater gon hate..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2010, 07:08 PM   #22
ChuckDee
Ehh...

Fan#: 43589
What I Drive: 02 SC SVT

Points 17,655, Level 84
Points: 17,655, Level: 84 Points: 17,655, Level: 84 Points: 17,655, Level: 84
Level Up 61% Completed
Level up: 61% Level up: 61% Level up: 61%
Forum Activity 1%
FF Reputation: 48 ChuckDee Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Dimensions View Post
We just test fitted a carbon fiber hood on a member's 08 sedan yesterday. Our carbon fiber hood actually fit BETTER than his OE hood. We adjusted his hood latch when we reinstalled his OE hood and it fit just the same as the carbon fiber.
can we say group buys?
Old 05-14-2010, 09:26 PM   #23
YellowJellyBean
Love CA / Hate CARB

Fan#: 69030
What I Drive: MÜSTÄRD

FF Reputation: 13 YellowJellyBean Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Everyone is free to do whatever they want to their car, because we live in a beautiful country called America. Most of the time people who defend something and say it isn't rice is because it's something that they do personally like, which is just as wrong as calling something rice because you don't like it.

Departing this thread now, later.

Focus Fanatics
Extremely helpful people
I made a haiku
Old 05-14-2010, 10:01 PM   #24
Deaner
Focus Addict

Fan#: 39531
What I Drive: 2002 ATX Twilight Blue ZX5

FF Reputation: 31 Deaner Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Thats actually a really really good cf hood fitment on that 08
<--EüRöFöCüS: 02 Twi Blu ZX5 FoFo Euroness SOLD!!!

New toy: TOYota FJ Cruiser 4x4
Old 05-14-2010, 11:00 PM   #25
sleepyboy
FF's Night Security

Fan#: 15335
What I Drive: 01' Yellow ZX3 euro, 04' ZX5 SVT

Points 125,819, Level 100
Points: 125,819, Level: 100 Points: 125,819, Level: 100 Points: 125,819, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 91%
Activity: 91% Activity: 91% Activity: 91%
FF Reputation: 48 sleepyboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
I agree with the "if someone doesn't like it they call it rice" that's a cop out IMO. If I had a CF hood it would be to make my car lighter not for looks. If it was for looks I'd just get some vinyl CF look a like stuff. I'm all for making my car lighter. Ya'll know I'm not going for looks anyways lol

Hatch Nation #15 (Ole' Yeller') & #150 (The SVT)
Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat
Old 05-15-2010, 12:16 AM   #26
kenzx3
Say NO to FRPP Drops

Fan#: 42651
What I Drive: '00 ZX3, '03 ZX3, '07 ZX3

FF Reputation: 125 kenzx3 Excellent Standing Member kenzx3 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (49)
I knew and I've seen one in person, Josh aka jdcochran on here has one of those trunks and it looks amazingly awesome on his SAP'd ZX4
Old 05-15-2010, 07:17 AM   #27
Red01Focus
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 40437
What I Drive: 2001 Infa Red SE

Points 10,924, Level 69
Points: 10,924, Level: 69 Points: 10,924, Level: 69 Points: 10,924, Level: 69
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 1%
FF Reputation: 10 Red01Focus Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (56)
yeah josh's car is sick
SEDAN REVOLUTION #13
Old 05-15-2010, 08:31 AM   #28
UnFocusedST
Fear the TurboSnail!

Fan#: 40342
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Focus ST

Points 6,109, Level 50
Points: 6,109, Level: 50 Points: 6,109, Level: 50 Points: 6,109, Level: 50
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%
FF Reputation: 13 UnFocusedST Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303ST View Post
BTW alot of people would consider the F2 Front bumper rice ; }
Yeah I find that funny since the RS had the same body.

Here is a little insert from Wiki. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rice_burner

"Rice burner is a pejorative describing Japanese-made — or by extension, Asian-made — motorcycles and automobiles.[1][2][3][4] The term is often defined as offensive or racist stereotyping.[5][6][7] In some cases users of the term assert that it is not offensive or racist,[9] or else treat the term as a humorous, mild put-down rather than a racial slur.[10][11][12]

Variations are rice rocket (used mostly but not exclusively[13][14] for superbike motorcycles from Japan), rice machine, rice grinder or simply ricer. The pejorative is often intended to denigrate cars which have been modified cosmetically to give a false impression of high performance, but not actually capable of it. The accusation behind this is that the car has been customized with the intent to fool people. The term is most often used against east Asian made vehicles where the population is presumed to subsist on a diet of rice."

I did a bit of highlighting here. The blue highlight is more of what car people tend to call rice burners. The red isn't so nice.
Team Duratec #17
Hatch Nation #17
Midwest Crew #55
Boosted Crew #118
Old 05-15-2010, 10:24 AM   #29
303ST
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 74375
What I Drive: 2006 Pitch Black ST w/SAP

FF Reputation: 3 303ST Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (-1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowJellyBean View Post
Everyone is free to do whatever they want to their car, because we live in a beautiful country called America. Most of the time people who defend something and say it isn't rice is because it's something that they do personally like, which is just as wrong as calling something rice because you don't like it.

Departing this thread now, later.
Departing because your a$$ was nailed to a wall. It's not because we live in America, it's because people have PERSONALITY. they do what THEY want to do. Just because someone defends something DOESN'T always mean they personally like it.

Because personally I am NOT a fan of honda, Not the car or mods....the motors.

However, i am a HUGE car person, who like most is not narrow minded. I like cars, trucks, bikes, off road anything with a motor that can go fast enough to be stupid in. And instead of stooping to a highschool mentality, I can APPRECIATE the work that goes into a vehicle like that, and i can say, you know, not my style but the work is spot on. And clean as shit.

People like you at car shows and car events piss me the hell off. I was a part of DSM tuners for a LONG time.

And honestly? YOu get a board infraction for even USING the word rice in a post you make. And would be banned if you didn't comply.

It really made the boards a nicer place to be. And honestly? Cleaned up peoples act, and made talking about cars with fellow owners so much nicer.

I would love that to be seen and put to use on Focus Fanatics honestly. It would get rid of the people who post for the simple fact of whining and complaining to call someones hard work.......rice.

I am done ranting, i have been a part of the "tuner" scene (even though techically my talon and or eclipse was a chrysler =]) I have been a part of the euro scene (VR6 GTI), and the domestic (1st gen sedan AT, 1st Gen hatch Turbo, and current 06 ST). And out of all of them and the boards? The people who use "rice" the most and can't appreciate anything other then SVT and Euro are alot of members here, i have seen MODERATORS use the word rice.....which for me is a real shell shocker.

Enjoy your day folks. I hope some of use can grow up.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:53 PM   #30
SlateTheGreat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 63859
What I Drive: 2008 Silver SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 SlateTheGreat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Dimensions View Post
We just test fitted a carbon fiber hood on a member's 08 sedan yesterday. Our carbon fiber hood actually fit BETTER than his OE hood. We adjusted his hood latch when we reinstalled his OE hood and it fit just the same as the carbon fiber.

By the way, that would be my sedan :). Yea they made my hood fit better after they fit the carbon hood to it. A body shop messed up all my fittings and they fixed them all in about 30 min. And if they had a trunk I'd do both, grab some black wheels and do some vinyl or something on my roof. I saw an evo that was about my color and had all that done and it looked sick having just the sides silver and everything else black.

EDIT: Caught me a weekend too early too, I have a black grille coming home this weekend...

Bookmarks & Social Networks