'02 SVTF Infra Red, 94k, $5900 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Marketplace > Buy - Sell - Trade > Archive

Archive Archive of all expired Buy-Sell-Trade postings.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-27-2009, 11:58 PM   #1
FrozenFoci
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 41195
What I Drive: 2002 InfraRed SVTF

FF Reputation: 3 FrozenFoci Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
'02 SVTF Infra Red, 94k, $5900

It's time for my sweet baby to find a new home. $5900 adoption fee, pretty firm since it's less than I'm asking on other sites (figure other Fanatics get a $300 discount).

I bought her in '05 with 12,453 miles - first owner used as a weekend baby/show car, better-than-new when I got her. Since then, about 80% highway miles, commuting and making long road trips between homes.

No accidents, never smoked in, ever-improving condition - since I decided it was time to go from 4 wheels to 2, I've been investing all my remaining cash into making her run and look better than ever so the next owner can enjoy this car to its fullest. Functionally, this car is in fantastic condition, mechanically as good as when I bought it and a little quicker thanks to driveability mods (Tom's tune, CFM throttle body, CAI, aluminum pulleys). Cat is an HFC done by JayRacing - some others on here decided with me that $2700 from Ford was too much, so we replaced ours with 50-state-happy HFC's built to OEM specs. I also took the time to move the front O2 sensor bung so the transmission will stop rubbing on the wires and eating my sensors.

Haven't had any major mechanical issues - I replaced the clutch at 38k since the first owner had a "feather" approach to get going. It's been holding solid since then. Maintenance has been regular, including period oil changes with either Mobil 1 or Royal Purple 5w-30 full synthetic. Tires are brand-new Sumitomo HTR-ZII's - they weren't all quite in need of replacing, but were around 20% tread and I figured the next owner would appreciate running through a full set to get a feel for the car's true handling characteristics.

I have some atrocious figure around $8k invested in little things on the car, including the aforementioned driveability upgrades. $1,600 sound system from Panasonic/Infinity/Rockford Fosgate/Alpine replaced the Audiophile system from the factory - sometimes Ford's version of "audiophile" doesn't cut it for someone who sells premium home audio for a living. Torsen T2 auto-torque biasing differential helps around the tighter corners. Short-throw shifter and CFM mounts help make engagement consistent. Hawk brake pads and Sylvania Silverstar Ultra headlight bulbs add to the already-impressive list of safety features on these babies. I have the original wheels from the manufacturer available with barely-used studded snow tires for $400 - again, I don't want to think what I paid for them since I was only up in Alaska for about a month and a half of snowy conditions. Now on the car with the Sumitomos are SVT's EAP wheels, which I bought new from Hilbish Ford in 2008.

Of the SVT's produced in 2002, this is #2,783 out of 4,788. VIN is 3FAHP39502R223825.

I love this car to death, and would keep it forever if I could. The challenge I now face is Santa Barbara rent costs on top of insurance, gas, and everything else. I know if I keep the car I will continue to invest in more and more things to increase the ludicrously high fun level, and I just can't afford to do that since I'm looking to start a family the next year. When she does find a new home, I'll be moving to a motorcycle until the marriage details get worked out - just looking to save as much as possible until then.

KBB and NADA give retails of $6,730ish. The upgrades on the car are more than the suggested retail price, but we all know those don't translate directly into returns on investment. I have most of the stock parts (pulleys, throttle body, 90% of intake) if you'd like them.

Again, $5900 in cash or cashier's check will do the trick. I'm in southern California, but am willing to help negotiate shipping in the 48 contiguous states if necessary, at buyer's expense. Otherwise, it's always nice to have a good long road trip as an introduction to a new-to-you vehicle : )

This is an incredibly fun car in very good condition - I'll be getting her detailed in the next few days here so she'll be as close to showroom-duty as possible. Please feel free to contact me by email for pics, and by any communcation method for more details, questions, etc.

Thanks for your interest, and hope one of you can provide Kalea (yup, named her) with a good home.

Danny
dtervooren@westmont.edu
(907) 250-5096

'02 InfraRed SVTF, #2,783/4,788: Tom's tune; JayRacing HFC; Hawk pads; Torsen ATBD; CFM pulleys, mounts, and STS; Screamin Demon & Livewires; AEM-esque CAI; lunchbox hack; EAP rims; 2" German antenna.

For Sale!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2009, 05:15 PM   #2
FrozenFoci
Focus Enthusiast

Okaaaay, I'll get pics up soon... if that's what it takes for people to notice these things... haha. She's still available and gorgeous.
'02 InfraRed SVTF, #2,783/4,788: Tom's tune; JayRacing HFC; Hawk pads; Torsen ATBD; CFM pulleys, mounts, and STS; Screamin Demon & Livewires; AEM-esque CAI; lunchbox hack; EAP rims; 2" German antenna.

For Sale!!

Old 01-01-2010, 11:15 AM   #3
NZWINRZ

Fan#:
Looks like ya lowered it, why didnt you mention springs and shock mods? I'm aware that when one is lowered the camber gets near if not past the OEM limits for good tire life. Has
any thing been added to correct this?

Old 01-01-2010, 10:03 PM   #4
FrozenFoci
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZWINRZ View Post
Looks like ya lowered it, why didnt you mention springs and shock mods? I'm aware that when one is lowered the camber gets near if not past the OEM limits for good tire life. Has
any thing been added to correct this?
Ah, good question. In this pic (from quite a while back) it's on Koni sports - which were put on by the original owner in those first 12,453 miles. These shocks/springs were not meant to last like the OEM stuff, and it didn't - so I purchased a new OEM kit from Ford and got that put on. So now it's back to stock ride height and characteristics. That being the case, tire wear has been nice and even, not to mention significantly slower than it was on the Koni's... heh. Thanks for asking!

For Sale!!

Old 01-02-2010, 10:58 AM   #5
NZWINRZ

Fan#:
Seems you're a little off on going KBB value for Private Party Values
Based on Kelly Blue Book for your zip code and mileage:
Condition Value

Excellent $4,155 Good $3,755 Fair $3,280

Yes, people would like to see MORE recent pics, it helps to see the current condition.

Koni reliability is great, they give a life time warranty, does Ford? Getting the owners receipt could have gained, no cost to you, NEW replacement.

I'd be interested if the it was priced comparable to the going market. GOOD LUCK WITH SALE

Old 05-03-2010, 03:16 PM   #6
parkeravera
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 72395
What I Drive: 2005 White ZX4

FF Reputation: 1 parkeravera Good Standing Member
nice car man

Old 05-05-2010, 06:01 PM   #7
-Excalibur-
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 74905