90's 5.0 mustang stock vs FI zx3 - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-25-2010, 10:10 PM   #21
Djzx3
WRX/Focus:)

Fan#: 76864
What I Drive: 04 WRB WRX / 00 se zxw

FF Reputation: 33 Djzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
(BigRed03) can we see the video? It is asking for your password, so can you make it so it just shows it on here, I would love to see that 5.0 get smoked.
HN #17
D23 crew-#1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2010, 12:35 AM   #22
mbell75
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 79288
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3

FF Reputation: 0 mbell75 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Depends on the setup of the cars and most importantly, tires and traction. I ran a 90s 5.0 in my turbo ZX3 the last time out at the 1/8 races. Not sure what was done to it but he ran a 9.4@76 to my 9.7@79 I was on crappy street tires and stock suspension. His 60' was 1.9 while mine was a sorry 2.4
Old 12-26-2010, 10:01 AM   #23
BigRed03
( o Y o )

Fan#: 32177
What I Drive: 2003 CD Silver ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 9 BigRed03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z...t=MVI_0287.mp4

Try it now.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:01 PM   #24
Roushturboedzx3
I Fab Too Much

Fan#: 42814
What I Drive: 2002 Liquid Gray ZX3

FF Reputation: 20 Roushturboedzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
^^^^ damn my car looked rich as he'll back then. But ya that's got to be one of my favorite older vids of my car. The 5.0 had heads, cams, exhaust, tires, etc
I may not be the baddest, but the baddest dont Fu** with me
Old 12-26-2010, 05:14 PM   #25
NateV8
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 80649
What I Drive: 2003, ZX5, Gray, Stick

FF Reputation: 1 NateV8 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02_z_x_3 View Post
did i step in something? i could have swore his sig said he was going for 10s n/a with a stock 5.0 shortblock? am i misunderstanding something or am i wrong to say that no way in hell in a stock 5.0 shortblock is going 10's with heads and a intake, headers, and a cam? my cousin has 4.10 gears, BBK shorties, a BBK CAI, a B303 cam, roller rockers, a superchip and some porting and polishing and went 13.7 at a lil over a hundred. I think 102mph.
There's a guy on the stang forums I'm on and he's running 11.3 with smaller heads and intake without a custom cam. There aren't alot but there are enough stock shortblock 302s running mid 10s N/A (keyword stockblock mid 10s N/A not stock stroke, there are guys in the 9s with stock stroke 302 N/A). SBFtech.com, that's the place to go for small block fords and where I've seen guys running mid 10s with a stock shortblock. That's where my cam is from and where I've received all my info about building my car, which allows me to be able to breaks 10s with a stock shortblock and achieve 25mpg with 4.10s and 15" vacuum @ idle. My setup is actually mild, hence the vac.

I'm not pissed off because your 2300lb boosted focus walks a stock 5.0, I'm annoyed because you are being very ignorant. Don't try to turn this around on me because the people you know don't know how to drive or aren't using slicks or DRs. Stock 5.0, suspension, bolt-ons, gear, tire = high to mid 12s ALL DAY.

Also let your cousin know he's using an alphabet cam older then the dinosaurs. B cams suck. All 5.0 guys who don't know what they are doing use them, and usually they get them because it "sounds good". Porting E7s? He would have gained more by switching to a GT40 upper and lower intake, this usually gives 15-20hp because the stock intakes flow so crappy. If I didn't have much money I'd just switch to GT40 heads and GT40 upper and lower intake. Porting E7s is pointless when you can have GT40s for $200. it's 155cfm to 190cfm.

Seriously. I wouldn't try and talk down a car/motor if I owned a car that ran 12.9 that weighs 2300lbs and uses FI. Especially when it can match or beat your lightened, tire, suspension, Turbo car with boltons, suspension, tire, full weight, N/A. This makes you look incompetent.

No hard feelings but don't go knocking unless you KNOW what you are talking about. Just because you and your cousin can't drive 5.0 and think they are slow doesn't mean that stands for the entire 5.0 world LOL. Because that is what you are making it seem.

I did answer your question btw.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:54 PM   #26
02_z_x_3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 53977
What I Drive: 02 zx3

FF Reputation: 9 02_z_x_3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
me incompetant? not hardly buddy. I drive a circle track car, never been to a strip driving in my life. I can point a full tube chassis dirt car on 3 wheels as straight as anyone can on 4 wheels. i would have to say 6-700hp being limitied to a 8" wide tire is a lot harder to drive than a 300hp mustang in a straight line. i think you are one of those internet tough guys. I was just simply stating what his car ran with the mods he had and simply doubted you running 10s with a stock short block. If you are changing stroke it is no longer a stock short block. I never stated anything about me driving, you took that one upon yourself. that focus walks tht mustang with 4 less cylinders and i imagine about 100 less ponies than a mustang you stated, all while getting high 20's to low 30 mpgs. what more could you ask for? there is a twin turboed mustang around here that runs 9s. I doubt you are running 9s on all motor out of a stock 5.0 i am sure im not the only one
Old 12-26-2010, 07:56 PM   #27
02_z_x_3
Focus Addict

and why is it everytime someone has something tat dont run what you think it should they cant drive? smithboy is running 12's with 225 hp. thats a hell of a driving job if you ask me.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:28 PM   #28
NateV8
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 80649
What I Drive: 2003, ZX5, Gray, Stick

FF Reputation: 1 NateV8 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02_z_x_3 View Post
me incompetant? not hardly buddy. I drive a circle track car, never been to a strip driving in my life. I can point a full tube chassis dirt car on 3 wheels as straight as anyone can on 4 wheels. i would have to say 6-700hp being limitied to a 8" wide tire is a lot harder to drive than a 300hp mustang in a straight line. i think you are one of those internet tough guys. I was just simply stating what his car ran with the mods he had and simply doubted you running 10s with a stock short block. If you are changing stroke it is no longer a stock short block. I never stated anything about me driving, you took that one upon yourself. that focus walks tht mustang with 4 less cylinders and i imagine about 100 less ponies than a mustang you stated, all while getting high 20's to low 30 mpgs. what more could you ask for? there is a twin turboed mustang around here that runs 9s. I doubt you are running 9s on all motor out of a stock 5.0 i am sure im not the only one

Guess I wasn't paying attention to who I was replying too. Doesn't really matter, it's to almost everybody in this thread by the looks of it.

OBVIOUSLY changing stroke means its not a stock block (really?), you don't even know anything about a 5.0! This is clear as you doubt a stock block HCI fox is able to break 10s. Seriously, mine isn't that aggressive, I'm only aiming for a 10.9. I don't even have my clutch set up for drag. plus did I mention I get 25mpg?

I didn't say anything about me running 9s with a stock short block, but there are guys running 9s N/A with a stock stroke, you know, keeping it a 302.

If you are referring to that video posted of the roush focus beating the stang? That stang sucked ass if apparently the best time that either the mustang or the focus ran was 13.9, either the way that is a VERY slow 5.0 for a HCI car. Seriously, you don't know anything about the 5.0! The mustang I stated which is just a full bolt-on, gear, suspension, tire that can run mid to high 12s all day would only be making around 200-210rwhp or 240 flywheel....that's a bit less then 100 ponies more, oh look, that's a bit lower then a 260rwhp focus too isn't it? Like I said, that driver was sucking or he had a bad combination....like an alphabet cam.

Wow a twin turbo mustang running 9s!! Does this surprise you? There's N/A mustang running 8s, SC mustangs running 9s isn't uncommon at all. There's 2 in my small town. There's a stroked 302 with a single turbo and he's running 8.6 and it's streetable.

The fact that you also said you can drive a car in straight line as easy as you go around corners when you clearly have no experience is ignorant as well.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:09 AM   #29
02_z_x_3
Focus Addict

hey asshat, it took twin turbos to get tht mustang into 9s. Meaning you wont do it on a stock shortblock 302 without some kind of forced induction and even then youre driving a hand grenade. And a stroked 302 is no longer a 302 now is it? haha 260rwhp focus huh? Im pretty sure that most foci around power the front wheels. All the ones I have ever seen that are rear wheel drive are turboed v8s and making more than 260rwhp.

and im pretty sure a 90 gt with a 5.0 was rated at 225 hp at the crank factory and 300 ft.lbs. so if its only making 240 flywheel with full bolt ons such as the gt 40 intakes that you claim give 15-20hp then the rest of the bolt ons are worthless? if thats the case a 5.0 sucks and i know better than that. Sounds to me like your information is a little off fanboy.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:43 AM   #30
Roushturboedzx3
I Fab Too Much

Fan#: 42814
What I Drive: 2002 Liquid Gray ZX3

FF Reputation: 20 Roushturboedzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
What a waste of time, no one read this, a bunch of going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateV8 View Post
There's a guy on the stang forums I'm on and he's running 11.3 with smaller heads and intake without a custom cam. There aren't alot but there are enough stock shortblock 302s running mid 10s N/A (keyword stockblock mid 10s N/A not stock stroke, there are guys in the 9s with stock stroke 302 N/A). SBFtech.com, that's the place to go for small block fords and where I've seen guys running mid 10s with a stock shortblock. That's where my cam is from and where I've received all my info about building my car, which allows me to be able to breaks 10s with a stock shortblock and achieve 25mpg with 4.10s and 15" vacuum @ idle. My setup is actually mild, hence the vac.

I'm not pissed off because your 2300lb boosted focus walks a stock 5.0, I'm annoyed because you are being very ignorant. Don't try to turn this around on me because the people you know don't know how to drive or aren't using slicks or DRs. Stock 5.0, suspension, bolt-ons, gear, tire = high to mid 12s ALL DAY.

Also let your cousin know he's using an alphabet cam older then the dinosaurs. B cams suck. All 5.0 guys who don't know what they are doing use them, and usually they get them because it "sounds good". Porting E7s? He would have gained more by switching to a GT40 upper and lower intake, this usually gives 15-20hp because the stock intakes flow so crappy. If I didn't have much money I'd just switch to GT40 heads and GT40 upper and lower intake. Porting E7s is pointless when you can have GT40s for $200. it's 155cfm to 190cfm.

Seriously. I wouldn't try and talk down a car/motor if I owned a car that ran 12.9 that weighs 2300lbs and uses FI. Especially when it can match or beat your lightened, tire, suspension, Turbo car with boltons, suspension, tire, full weight, N/A. This makes you look incompetent.

No hard feelings but don't go knocking unless you KNOW what you are talking about. Just because you and your cousin can't drive 5.0 and think they are slow doesn't mean that stands for the entire 5.0 world LOL. Because that is what you are making it seem.

I did answer your question btw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateV8 View Post
Guess I wasn't paying attention to who I was replying too. Doesn't really matter, it's to almost everybody in this thread by the looks of it.

OBVIOUSLY changing stroke means its not a stock block (really?), you don't even know anything about a 5.0! This is clear as you doubt a stock block HCI fox is able to break 10s. Seriously, mine isn't that aggressive, I'm only aiming for a 10.9. I don't even have my clutch set up for drag. plus did I mention I get 25mpg?

I didn't say anything about me running 9s with a stock short block, but there are guys running 9s N/A with a stock stroke, you know, keeping it a 302.

If you are referring to that video posted of the roush focus beating the stang? That stang sucked ass if apparently the best time that either the mustang or the focus ran was 13.9, either the way that is a VERY slow 5.0 for a HCI car. Seriously, you don't know anything about the 5.0! The mustang I stated which is just a full bolt-on, gear, suspension, tire that can run mid to high 12s all day would only be making around 200-210rwhp or 240 flywheel....that's a bit less then 100 ponies more, oh look, that's a bit lower then a 260rwhp focus too isn't it? Like I said, that driver was sucking or he had a bad combination....like an alphabet cam.

Wow a twin turbo mustang running 9s!! Does this surprise you? There's N/A mustang running 8s, SC mustangs running 9s isn't uncommon at all. There's 2 in my small town. There's a stroked 302 with a single turbo and he's running 8.6 and it's streetable.

The fact that you also said you can drive a car in straight line as easy as you go around corners when you clearly have no experience is ignorant as well.
I may not be the baddest, but the baddest dont Fu** with me

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->