Wife's sedan got totaled, looking for a replacement cheap - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Regional Forums > Southern Fanatics > Fanatics: Texas

Fanatics: Texas Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Texas (Lonestar) areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-23-2010, 10:31 AM   #1
Dragwn
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 20768
What I Drive: 2008 Mazda3 Hatch, Dark Blue

FF Reputation: 1 Dragwn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Wife's sedan got totaled, looking for a replacement cheap

Does anyone know or have a 2000-2005 sedan with an auto in decent shape for cheap? Trying to keep under 100,000 mi but I know it will be hard.

She was leaving work at Baylor downtown and she got t-boned in the driver's side right at the B pillar and the rear door. Knocked and spun 60 ft from impact and the pillar was pushed into the seat. BOTH airbags went off.

I don't think the Baylor Hospital area is good to Foci, both of ours were totaled within a mile of each other, mine 2 yrs ago.

Hit me up on a pm if you know of one, any color but orange or pink. We only have about $3500 to play with sadly.

Keith

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2010, 10:40 AM   #2
tukaniSVT
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST

Fan#: 5521
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus 2009 BMW 335i

Points 36,161, Level 100
Points: 36,161, Level: 100 Points: 36,161, Level: 100 Points: 36,161, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 34 tukaniSVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Ouch ... sorry to hear about that Keith.

(By the way) ... I think I met you years ago ... do you have a brother that drives a real sweet ... mustang (If I remember)?

Anyways ... we will keep an out for you.

And I assume your wife is doing well. Good to hear she wasn't harmed.

Whomever hit you ... really should pay for it.

-Ray-
Hatch Nation Member: #147

R.I.P - FELLOW FF MEMBER, IZZY, BLK2k3GTS, will always be remembered. We will compete on a different course again one day.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2010, 11:10 AM   #3
Dragwn
Focus Enthusiast

Hey Ray, been awhile *laughs* My brother had a sweet Silvia in gold with lots of carbon, but he moved on.

My wife is good considering the wreck and impact, tore me up when I saw the pillar into the seat and daylight through seams in the trunk.

She just gave me a bigger ballpark to play in moneywise, up to $6500. Low mileage is a biggie as is an auto since she can't drive a stick and the car will end up being her mother's as well later on.

The person who hit her, blew a stop sign talking on her headset at over 30 mph. We have witnesses who saw the whole thing and heard my wife laying on her horn, she said the focus's torque helped her when she realised she was getting hit and moved just enough not to be nailed in her door.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:56 PM   #4
tukaniSVT
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST

Points 36,161, Level 100
Points: 36,161, Level: 100 Points: 36,161, Level: 100 Points: 36,161, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
WOW ... again good to hear she is okay.

Yeah ... I remember now ... I met you at one of the Far North Meets.

Real Long Time.

Good luck finding a good ride for 6800. You can probably find a few good 03-04 cars in all of the companies that are good.

-Ray-

R.I.P - FELLOW FF MEMBER, IZZY, BLK2k3GTS, will always be remembered. We will compete on a different course again one day.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:13 PM   #5
Dragwn
Focus Enthusiast

Ray, she gave me the news this afternoon that she doesn't want another Focus :( Said she has too many memories tied up in her car that got totaled.

This is my new Hatch
Old 04-23-2010, 04:52 PM   #6
save_HUTCH
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 74537
What I Drive: 2008 Red Coupe, 1994 Dodge Shadow

FF Reputation: 3 save_HUTCH Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Good choice. The mazda 3's are great cars. My mom has one and its so fun to drive.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:02 AM   #7
captcomputer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 9409
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST (Preferred Blue)

Points 10,721, Level 68
Points: 10,721, Level: 68 Points: 10,721, Level: 68 Points: 10,721, Level: 68
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 37 captcomputer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Dang Keith sorry to hear about the wife. Side note do you still have the bike? Good to hear from you again. Let us know what interest her besides the focus. We'll keep an eye out.
Glad the focus did for her what it did.

-Joe
(Former)Blue Focus Owners
Old 04-24-2010, 04:21 AM   #8
tukaniSVT
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST

Points 36,161, Level 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Nice Mazda, Keith. Like Joe said, the focus took care of her when she needed it most.

I say get her in a Mazda then ... Maybe the four door Sedan, since you already have the hatch. Or even the Mazda SUV. What about the Honda Element? (Spacious for carrying parts) ... hehe. And a safe ride also.

-Ray-

Old 04-26-2010, 12:10 AM   #9
Dragwn
Focus Enthusiast

Hey guys! Well, she found a new love and we got really lucky with it too. Found an `02 Beetle fully loaded...everything but the turbo (leather/sunroof/heated seats/monsoon stereo/xenon headlights) with less than 60k miles for $7998 :) As soon as she sat down in the car her face lit up like a Christmas tree.

I almost came home with a change of vehicle too, may kick myself later..they had an `08 Speed3 with 10k mi for $18k and my monthly would only change by about $30, still tempted.

I still have my Kawi, haven't had it dyno'd again lately but it should have between 130-135 hp at the wheel, not squid hunting hp but enough to have fun with. Give me a shout in a pm and I'll get you my cell, same number I had if you happen to have it still.

The interior on my 3 is not stock anymore, couldn't deal with the light grey from the door up, it is black, all black with a dark blue mazda M.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.