Looking for some good Focuses in the SE! - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > South East Fanatics > Fanatics: Florida

Fanatics: Florida Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Florida areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-17-2010, 12:28 PM   #1
aaronpgh84
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 74460
What I Drive: Mazda for now, 2012 Focus later

FF Reputation: 1 aaronpgh84 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Looking for some good Focuses in the SE!

Hi guys, my name's Aaron. I'm from the 'burgh, and (full disclosure) I'm working for an ad agency taking part in a social media test project in Southeast Florida April 26th - May 1st for Ford.

I'm going to have a Flip cam and a Ford (still deciding which to go for - wish the new Focus was out) to drive around in and meet as many car people as I can for a week. I'm hoping to talk about their cars with them, South Florida culture, point out the best spots, food, oddities, anything, as long as it's not some touristy BS. I'm not trying to uncover typical stuff that everyone already knows about. Authentic Southeast Florida lifestyle is what I want to talk about and feature...and how your cars fit into that.

I'm going to videotape as much of my experience as I can and we're hoping to post these videos to our coming YouTube channel over the next month or so.

Would any of you guys be interested in helping out or meeting up at all? Are there any events or meets going on that week that would be a good starting point?

Thanks for any help...not trying to spam here. We're not even hired by Ford (yet!), just trying to show them how they should be engaging with people on the internets.

Here's the concept I came up with for the project....feedback definitely welcome:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2010, 03:44 PM   #2
BigRed03
( o Y o )

Fan#: 32177
What I Drive: 2003 CD Silver ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 9 BigRed03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
there will be a big car show at the seminole hardrock in hollywood mid may (16th? i think). my car is nowhere near photo worthiness, but what would you like to know about down here?
Old 04-17-2010, 04:58 PM   #3
aaronpgh84
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed03 View Post
there will be a big car show at the seminole hardrock in hollywood mid may (16th? i think). my car is nowhere near photo worthiness, but what would you like to know about down here?
I'll be gone by then but that's good to know. There's potential for a return trip if this one goes well. There's really no set itinerary for me. I can make up my trip as I go and stop wherever. The only set stop is Sunfest in WPB because Ford is sponsoring it. That'll be the final part of the leg. Other than that, I can wander all over. Any recommendations on things to see...special places, bars, restaurants, landmarks? Any type of SE Florida experience that is unique to this area. Even things about the area that are personally special to you (or others).

It sounds vague because it is. I just am looking to film interesting shit... talk to cool people Ford fanatics being the priority. The ultimate goal would be to showcase the lifestyle and how your cars fit it...in whatever way makes sense.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:14 PM   #4
BigRed03
( o Y o )

Fan#: 32177
What I Drive: 2003 CD Silver ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 9 BigRed03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
well....airboat ride (I'd go to Mack's Fish Camp, John (or Keith) Jones theyre down in Northwest Miami-Dade county, but he'll take you farther into the 'glades than any "commercial" roadside airboat place. He's a character, but he's done work with the national park, nat. geo. and others for filming purposes. We use him at work for our more adventureous trips into the 'glades.

there are tooooo many restaraunts to list. almost can't go wrong.

Las Olas Blvd, Riverwalk, and Oceanside in Ft. Lauderdale for night life. Southbeach, Brickle, Coral Gables in Miami for night life.

Personally, the Key's are a beautiful place to see. My summers were spent down there as a kid.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:51 PM   #5
Armanduhx3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 63466
What I Drive: a FloridaFocus

FF Reputation: 7 Armanduhx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Ooooh.

Quote:
is ur motto:
"disreguard males, acquire stance"
??
Old 04-18-2010, 06:33 AM   #6
aaronpgh84
Focus Rookie

Quote:
well....airboat ride (I'd go to Mack's Fish Camp, John (or Keith) Jones theyre down in Northwest Miami-Dade county, but he'll take you farther into the 'glades than any "commercial" roadside airboat place. He's a character, but he's done work with the national park, nat. geo. and others for filming purposes. We use him at work for our more adventureous trips into the 'glades.

there are tooooo many restaraunts to list. almost can't go wrong.

Las Olas Blvd, Riverwalk, and Oceanside in Ft. Lauderdale for night life. Southbeach, Brickle, Coral Gables in Miami for night life.

Personally, the Key's are a beautiful place to see. My summers were spent down there as a kid.
Nice! Thanks for the list. I'll look into that stuff.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:33 PM   #7
aaronpgh84
Focus Rookie

So I took your advice and I booked it to Key West last night when I got back. Awesome place. I'm supposed to meet up with some crazy local guy named Pepper and have him take me around/show the place to me. I think I'm going to start here and then move north ending at Sunfest on Friday (which Ford is sponsoring).

Thanks again for the input. If any of you guys want to follow this or give me ideas as I go, I'm posting it all here:

http://www.facebook.com/SouthFordia

Supposedly doing some snorkeling and spear fishing tomorrow in Marathon. We shall see!

Bookmarks & Social Networks