Average Cost to paint and remove dents on your Zx3 - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Focus

MK1 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the first generation 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-05-2010, 02:57 AM   #11
2wheeladict
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 69029
What I Drive: 2005 focus zx4, 2003 cbr f4i

FF Reputation: 8 2wheeladict Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlyford4me View Post
Mine cost $1,300 for paint, dents and new bumper/grill. That included $800 for the paint and $500 for dents, bumper/grill (I had a lot of dents).

Maaco baby! They did a great job for $800. You do get what you pay for when doing paint. I'm extremely happy with what I got for $1,300. That paint job included three (?) clear coats. I wasn't expecting it to come out looking as good as it does.
how long ago
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2010, 03:09 AM   #12
SPIman2.0
Focus Addict

Fan#: 56873
What I Drive: 00 ZTS, 04 SVT EAP, 03 ZTW

FF Reputation: 54 SPIman2.0 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I was thinking about telling you to do it yourself to save some money... but then I thought about how most people don't have access to a booth, air, and guns...... so..... I'd say go with a Macco job (not the ambassador service) or get a quote from someone you TRUST, or you've heard good things about.

You could probably save a ton by doing the prep work yourself. I did all the prep work, which entailed an entire Saturday afternoon, and got it down to the base coat. Saved me nearly 200 bucks after the cost of the materials I bought. (1500 and 2000 grit and some brillo pads..... and a bottle of dawn.)
Sedan Revolution #161
SPI Owners Club #1
RIP 03 Sedan: She will be missed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell View Post
Yup, the Focus is perfect for the emo in everyone ...
Old 04-05-2010, 03:39 AM   #13
zetecDon
Where am I?

Fan#: 62506
What I Drive: 02 ZX3, 02 MX-5

FF Reputation: 28 zetecDon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (45)
Is the person that mows your lawn come on a regular basis? You should point out what he did and if he is a licensed business man he would carry insurance for any property damage that he causes. Have pictures of before and after to verify that the damage was done by him. I am sure if you talk with the guy he can probably work something out with you on getting his screw up repaired. But then again if you have multiple dents in the car and can't prove that he did it you are up shitcreek without a paddle. A good source would be going to a shop that sells auto supply paints and they might recommend someone to you and any good shop would allow you to come inside and see the work they have done and are in the process are doing. Just go with the shop that you feel most comfortable with. Generally a few dings and some dents with a new coat of paint on will run you around $1,500 to $3,000 depending on the damage done.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:23 AM   #14
Onlyford4me
Umm, nothing

Fan#: 3341
What I Drive: 03 Black ZX3, 09 F150

FF Reputation: 7 Onlyford4me Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheeladict View Post
how long ago
Last July. I got into an accident about 4 years ago and my bumper was messed up. I had about 100 little chips in the hood, a few baseball sized dents on the passenger side, scratches everywhere and some minor dime size dents. They probably fixed about 10 dents (not including the hood) and did everything for a VERY reasonable price. Since it was easier, they painted the plastic molding on the side and the pieces running the length of the roof as well. It looked great. Now I also had them paint a Steeda wing also.

Granted there are 2 tiny pinhole bubbles only I would notice and one clear coat drip that was easy to sand down (underneath the hood, so it wasn't even noticable), but for $1,300 bucks for all that, I think I got one hell of a deal. And that $1,300 number included the cost of the bumper and grill.

Here are a couple pictures taken about a month afterwards. The car isn't washed by the way. Sorry for no close ups. I'm not sure if this will help.

"Government is not the solution to the problem; government is the problem."
Old 04-05-2010, 07:40 AM   #15
marinestank69
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 58858
What I Drive: 03 eggyoke yellow zx3

FF Reputation: 1 marinestank69 Good Standing Member
i just started doing body work on my car..... if you do the work your self your looking at about 400-500 for decent paint and materials........ if you get some one to do it for you...... your looking at about 1300-1400 but it all depends on the amount of prep work ...... dents sanding and so on...... find some one reputable
Old 04-12-2010, 07:25 AM   #16
Esteban
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 54267
What I Drive: 03 ZX3 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 Esteban Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
I have a 2003 ZX3, yellow, with a few small dents, but clearcoat peeling , that needs painting. I was recently quoted $800, without clearcoat. This price is from a shop that does good work , not a " scuff & shoot " body shop.

That price is w/o clearcoat, && $1300 with. Shop leaves it up to car owner if they want the clearcoat. Keep it waxed & the job will hold up well. Since I may be trading, I may go the cheaper route.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:29 AM   #17
fhh02a
HATCH NATION

Fan#: 57548
What I Drive: 2004, Pitch Black Zx3

FF Reputation: 13 fhh02a Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
mine was quoted at 3100 but I only paid 500....insurance claim
[COLOR="Red"]HATCH NATION..#01[/COLOR]
[URL="http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30"][COLOR="Black"]B-S-T[/COLOR][/URL]
[URL="http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12"][COLOR="Red"]SOUTHERN FANATICS [/COLOR][/URL]
[URL="http://http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33"][COLOR="Black"]GEN CHAT[/COLOR][/URL]
[URL="http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45"][COLOR="Red"]MK1[/COLOR][/URL]
Old 11-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #18
lAj0828
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 117929
What I Drive: 05 Grey ZX4

FF Reputation: 1 lAj0828 Good Standing Member
You can buy a paint gun with a regulator for 40 bucks. Your paint is the expensive part. For hardener, clear coat, paint and reducer you're looking at 150-300 dollars. The tricky part is finding a place to paint. The guns are 1.4mm and have adjustments for paint and paint span.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:32 PM   #19
lAj0828
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 117929
What I Drive: 05 Grey ZX4

FF Reputation: 1 lAj0828 Good Standing Member
As far as paint goes you could buy Rust-Oleum to save money as opposed to a more expensive brand like Sherwin Williams.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->