Average Cost to paint and remove dents on your Zx3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Focus

MK1 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the first generation 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-03-2010, 09:04 AM   #1
drosado15
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 63457
What I Drive: 01 Black zx3, 06 Pearl White Titan

FF Reputation: 3 drosado15 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Average Cost to paint and remove dents on your Zx3

Almost time for paint on my focus and now that my lawn mower guy FREAKING Ran over a rock and put multiple dents under the passenger side Handle Right under the handle.

What did it costs other focus owners to repaint the focus the same color and remove minor dents...(Not no cheap spray over job that the car starts chipping on first wash)

So again, What was your average price to paint for FoFo

Mines a Hatch....

(This probably should of went to exterior section lol)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2010, 10:48 AM   #2
dirtbrown
what it be like

Fan#: 40563
What I Drive: ganjabus

FF Reputation: 27 dirtbrown Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
well it just depends on how bad your dents are?? find someone whos really good at paintless dent removal...i had a couple dings that were bothering me at certain angles of the car they would just stand out and pop so i had some guy come down with some crazy mirrors and glasses and all kinds of telescopes and what not and he banged em all out like they were never there...it wasent cheap but the end result was like they were never there
Old 04-03-2010, 11:30 AM   #3
karguy427
Focus Addict

Fan#: 32830
What I Drive: 2006 Chevy HHR 2LT

FF Reputation: 15 karguy427 Great Standing Member
You're not going to get a consensus on that question because no 2 dents are the same. Also, the cost of body and paint labor varies from area to area, as much as 50%. My suggestion would be to get a recommendation from someone who is knowledgeable about body and paint work, then go to the shop and check their quality for yourself. Is the shop relatively neat and clean, or is their stuff laying all around? The cleaner the shop, generally the better the paint job you're going to get - less dirt etc. in the paint.

Another suggestion - would your Focus need paint if it didn't have the dents? Have a PDR expert take a look at it - Paintless Dent Repair is good for smaller sized dents and dings.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:03 PM   #4
drosado15
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 63457
What I Drive: 01 Black zx3, 06 Pearl White Titan

FF Reputation: 3 drosado15 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by karguy427 View Post
You're not going to get a consensus on that question because no 2 dents are the same. Also, the cost of body and paint labor varies from area to area, as much as 50%. My suggestion would be to get a recommendation from someone who is knowledgeable about body and paint work, then go to the shop and check their quality for yourself. Is the shop relatively neat and clean, or is their stuff laying all around? The cleaner the shop, generally the better the paint job you're going to get - less dirt etc. in the paint.

Another suggestion - would your Focus need paint if it didn't have the dents? Have a PDR expert take a look at it - Paintless Dent Repair is good for smaller sized dents and dings.
Thanks, Yes my Focus needs paint, There are many nicks down to the metal. The idiot that hard the car before me took zero care of it.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:07 AM   #5
Esteban
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 54267
What I Drive: 03 ZX3 5spd

FF Reputation: 1 Esteban Good Standing Member
I have a 2003 ZX3, yellow, with a few small dents, but clearcoat peeling , that needs painting. I was recently quoted $800, without clearcoat. This price is from a shop that does good work , not a " scuff & shoot " body shop.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:00 AM   #6
karguy427
Focus Addict

Fan#: 32830
What I Drive: 2006 Chevy HHR 2LT

FF Reputation: 15 karguy427 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
I have a 2003 ZX3, yellow, with a few small dents, but clearcoat peeling , that needs painting. I was recently quoted $800, without clearcoat. This price is from a shop that does good work , not a " scuff & shoot " body shop.

I wouldn't necessarily call that a good deal. Your car needs the clearcoat on it. That's how it came from the factory. Any decent shop should be using a 2-stage paint system.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:18 AM   #7
kenzx3
Say NO to FRPP Drops

Fan#: 42651
What I Drive: '00 ZX3, '03 ZX3, '07 ZX3

FF Reputation: 125 kenzx3 Excellent Standing Memberkenzx3 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (49)
Quote:
Originally Posted by karguy427 View Post
I wouldn't necessarily call that a good deal. Your car needs the clearcoat on it. That's how it came from the factory. Any decent shop should be using a 2-stage paint system.
X2 on that
Old 04-04-2010, 11:20 AM   #8
kenzx3
Say NO to FRPP Drops

Fan#: 42651
What I Drive: '00 ZX3, '03 ZX3, '07 ZX3

FF Reputation: 125 kenzx3 Excellent Standing Memberkenzx3 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (49)
On my '03 I was recently quoted $2500 and that includes repairing an SVT Bumper I plan on swapping to the front, fixing a decent size dent in Drivers Side Door, and Re-aligning said door with new bracket.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:25 PM   #9
Master-Baits
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 57080
What I Drive: 09 f-150 5.4

FF Reputation: 33 Master-Baits Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzx3 View Post
On my '03 I was recently quoted $2500 and that includes repairing an SVT Bumper I plan on swapping to the front, fixing a decent size dent in Drivers Side Door, and Re-aligning said door with new bracket.
That's fair. Around here for a GOOD paint job on my svt youre talking 2500-3000
Old 04-05-2010, 02:22 AM   #10
Onlyford4me
Umm, nothing

Fan#: 3341
What I Drive: 03 Black ZX3, 09 F150

FF Reputation: 7 Onlyford4me Good Standing Member
Mine cost $1,300 for paint, dents and new bumper/grill. That included $800 for the paint and $500 for dents, bumper/grill (I had a lot of dents).

Maaco baby! They did a great job for $800. You do get what you pay for when doing paint. I'm extremely happy with what I got for $1,300. That paint job included three (?) clear coats. I wasn't expecting it to come out looking as good as it does.

"Government is not the solution to the problem; government is the problem."

Bookmarks & Social Networks