Free Tunes !!!! Why Wait - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Exclusive Vendor Discussions > Focus-Power Tuning

Focus-Power Tuning Discuss about forced induction upgrades and performance tuning for your Ford Focus.
Sponsored By: Focus-Power

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-31-2010, 08:09 AM   #11
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandFocus View Post
Since there is such a big difference in octane, it may be a good idea to have a street tune and race tune. However, based on the tune, I'm pretty sure the computer can just add timing when it detects the higher octane fuel. For example, on my turbo setup, the higher the octane I use, the more timing the computer adds and the more power I make. Now the only question I have is would it be better to do a new tune for 110 octane where you set the timing higher from the get go so the computer only needs to add maybe 1-3 degrees of timing or just keep the 93 octane tune and let the computer add all that it wants to, maybe 4-8 degrees of timing?
It would be best to do 2 tunes

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2010, 08:14 AM   #12
hEaT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 20699
What I Drive: 2013 Oxford White Focus ST

FF Reputation: 11 hEaT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandFocus View Post
Since there is such a big difference in octane, it may be a good idea to have a street tune and race tune. However, based on the tune, I'm pretty sure the computer can just add timing when it detects the higher octane fuel. For example, on my turbo setup, the higher the octane I use, the more timing the computer adds and the more power I make. Now the only question I have is would it be better to do a new tune for 110 octane where you set the timing higher from the get go so the computer only needs to add maybe 1-3 degrees of timing or just keep the 93 octane tune and let the computer add all that it wants to, maybe 4-8 degrees of timing?
The computer won't just keep adding timing for a higher octane. It doesn't know there is higher octane, just that there is no knock. The ECU will never add more timing than with is in the Max Allowed table. You might see a degree or two added going from 91 to 93 on a 91 octane tune, but you definitely won't see the full benefit of going from 93 to 110 without a tune made specifically for the 110.
ZETEC Crew #49

Quote:
Originally posted by DrkKnight614
......hmm if that works then if i put a spinner on my butt hole and rip one will i be able to run faster. ...idiots
Old 03-31-2010, 08:38 AM   #13
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hEaT View Post
The computer won't just keep adding timing for a higher octane. It doesn't know there is higher octane, just that there is no knock. The ECU will never add more timing than with is in the Max Allowed table. You might see a degree or two added going from 91 to 93 on a 91 octane tune, but you definitely won't see the full benefit of going from 93 to 110 without a tune made specifically for the 110.
I dont know that I would say that , If the knock adder was already raised and the AF stayed the same for both the 91 and the 110 then you really wouldnt need a tune just because of the timing and 110

The biggest this is it would depend a lot on what year Focus were talking about , most of the Knock Sensors on the Focus are EXTREMELY good at what they do , the correct changes done in the software and you could easly run 1 tune for both 91 and 110

Me I would run a slightly leaner AF with 110 that I would with 91 , thats why I said above to do 2 tunes

Tom

Customer Support

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 03-31-2010, 04:19 PM   #14
slowduratec
Focus Addict

Fan#: 59069
What I Drive: 2006 Toreador Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 10 slowduratec Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Wow! Is this only offered for a short time or is this how you always roll?!
Team Duratec #236
Old 03-31-2010, 05:10 PM   #15
drunkinmonkey
O SO SLO

Fan#: 55470
What I Drive: 00' Turbo zx3, 02' saturn sl1

FF Reputation: 67 drunkinmonkey Excellent Standing Member
quick question before i go on my NEW motor (PRE BOOST) consits of stock block bored and honed to accept my JE pistons at 9:0:1 compression, eagle h-beam rods, oem bearings, arp main/head studs the head consits of stock head ported and polishes with 3 angle valve job, stock valves, ford racing high lift valve springs, stock cams, fidanza adjustable cam gears, 65mm TB...i have 60lbs deka injectors but i was told not to install them with an N/A build...will also have stok flywheel and a bully stage 3 clutch....will also be running stock oem zetec header with a 2.25 exhaust (not sure on make) and an AEM cold air intake...also have 1 step colder motorcraft spark plugs with taylor thundervolt wires...what else do i have ....180* t-stat....i believe thats it so far?? will i need a tune for this????
if i tune it what will i pay and then when i install the turbo kit will i have to pay extra?????

oh yea forgot ill be running the jay racing PCV plate with catch can if that matters
cams will also be set to zero
if i dont HAVE to id rather not as it will be boosted with in a monthish time..i have everything for the boost pretty much i just wanna break the motor in a bit so everything isnt new
Old 03-31-2010, 05:21 PM   #16
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowduratec View Post
Wow! Is this only offered for a short time or is this how you always roll?!
My customers have been recieving this for over a year now

Tom

Customer Support

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 03-31-2010, 05:26 PM   #17
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkinmonkey View Post
quick question before i go on my NEW motor (PRE BOOST) consits of stock block bored and honed to accept my JE pistons at 9:0:1 compression, eagle h-beam rods, oem bearings, arp main/head studs the head consits of stock head ported and polishes with 3 angle valve job, stock valves, ford racing high lift valve springs, stock cams, fidanza adjustable cam gears, 65mm TB...i have 60lbs deka injectors but i was told not to install them with an N/A build...will also have stok flywheel and a bully stage 3 clutch....will also be running stock oem zetec header with a 2.25 exhaust (not sure on make) and an AEM cold air intake...also have 1 step colder motorcraft spark plugs with taylor thundervolt wires...what else do i have ....180* t-stat....i believe thats it so far?? will i need a tune for this????
if i tune it what will i pay and then when i install the turbo kit will i have to pay extra?????

oh yea forgot ill be running the jay racing PCV plate with catch can if that matters
cams will also be set to zero
if i dont HAVE to id rather not as it will be boosted with in a monthish time..i have everything for the boost pretty much i just wanna break the motor in a bit so everything isnt new
The best deal for you would be the 550.00 FI Tune 379.00 xcal3 shipped , I would go ahead and do the 60lb Inj now . This gets you a NA tune for now and FI tune when you go boosted

There is no shop that can beat these prices or offer you a better , safer Tune

Tom

Customer Support

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 03-31-2010, 05:45 PM   #18
drunkinmonkey
O SO SLO

Fan#: 55470
What I Drive: 00' Turbo zx3, 02' saturn sl1

FF Reputation: 67 drunkinmonkey Excellent Standing Member
^^^if i dont go with the tune till i got boosted will it kill the engine????should i bother installign the wideband now or wait to till i can get the turbo on so i dont waste the bung??? like i said it'll be a very short time NA
Old 03-31-2010, 05:58 PM   #19
jmiller_1974
Flipping Rockstar

Fan#: 57165
What I Drive: Black 02 SVT #2998

FF Reputation: 28 jmiller_1974 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Couple of quick questions.

1. What is the difference between the Predator and the XCAL3(other than $24, lol)? More just wondering which would be better for Me(D23) and why.

2. Would it help , hinder or make no difference to hit a local dyno(post tune) for extra info in case You need to tweak things a little? I have access to a dyno locally and can get deeply discounted rates, but if I don't NEED it, I'd rather put the money towards other GO stuff...

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:06 PM   #20
FiFoci
Focus Addict

Fan#: 59433
What I Drive: 11' Mustang GT 5.0,01' Twilight Zx3

FF Reputation: 6 FiFoci Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
i would let tom tune the motor both n/a and when u go FI just for safety.

I have been a Tom Tune customer for almost a year now and i love his service. I turbo'd my car then went back to NA then i returbo'd my car and he was there to retune it with more boost this time... Speaking of which where are u Tom? I tired to IM you. I want to turn the boost up to roughly 14psi by friday night. Ill be hitting the dyno saturday.
^SOLD^
'96 F-250 SCEB PowerStroke

Bookmarks & Social Networks