tune ,who to go with - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Focus Tuning Chat

Focus Tuning Chat Discuss performance tuning options for your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: WHOS TUNE
toms tune 169 62.13%
fswerks 72 26.47%
other: who did it? pros/cons 31 11.40%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2010, 11:44 AM   #21
PSUrivie
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 67329
What I Drive: Boostin in the Mid-A

FF Reputation: 15 PSUrivie Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Yeah Tom's tune...been in the process on remote tuning my 09 over the past couple of days. Tom is easy to get a hold of, willing to help you with any issues, and I did notice an increase in power and we're not done yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2010, 12:26 PM   #22
focuztyle
Focus Addict

Fan#: 28785
What I Drive: Built ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 focuztyle Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
First time I required a tune, I had installed the Roush, which was supposed to be bolt-on with a computer flashed included, but once I dynoed it at a steeda meet it only made 146 HP; I was upset to say the least. I had looked around an decided to give him a call. I had never taked to him at this point and hes already helping me over the phone on how to make the car safe to drive until he flew to tampa, Fl and met up with three foci, including me, tuned all cars in a weekend and I ended up with 248HP after he tuned it.

I beat the hell outta the car until I decided to go balls out and build it, I set it up and he drove to South Florida and picked up the car, trailered it to NC, built it, tuned it, tested it and trailered it back to me in Fl with a whopping 413HP modified and built Roush manifold running a Comp turbo.

Even if you have a problem, because shit always break when you race cars, he will guide you through the datalogging so he can read the factors and better assist you on what to do or look for. So, even if hes not there, it's almost like he IS!

I have never tuned with Fswerks, so I can't tell you bad or good thing about them, but I have dealt with Tom and will never go anywhere else for tunning because of the GREAT service!

I have said this many times, but Thank you Tom

Rich
One-off Crew member #1
Old 03-30-2010, 01:23 PM   #23
kamann
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6269
What I Drive: 02 Black SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 2 kamann Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Well I don't have any experiance with FSW, sorry, but I have Toms Diablosport tune in my fairly stock SVT. It is the best thing I have ever done for the car. Hanging revs gone, stumbling & surging gone, no more lug at take off in 1st. The tune just really smoothed out the engine through the whole powerband, my engine just purrs along now I love it. Oh and push the TC button and traction control is gone. The tune overall really was night and day for me.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:26 PM   #24
RickB
Focus Addict

Fan#: 20575
What I Drive: 2005 Charcoal Gray ZX3

FF Reputation: 7 RickB Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
FSwerks
Old 03-30-2010, 01:29 PM   #25
Rafal
Focus Addict

Fan#: 73222
What I Drive: 2005 Beige ZX4 SE

FF Reputation: 2 Rafal Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
ok I Talk with Tom for a sec and I like him :D he will be my to go guy for sure. Thank you for advices Im still a noob here :P
Old 03-30-2010, 02:27 PM   #26
WD40
The Librarian

Fan#: 5157
What I Drive: '04 Sonic Blue - SVT 3Door

FF Reputation: 138 WD40 Excellent Standing MemberWD40 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Other...Hypnotic Illusions (aka-Wayne's Tune).
Been on the car for quite a while now, and it's still going strong.
Too bad Wayne closed up shop though.

I had Tom's tune for a bit, but it was mainly to try and help him solve the problem of the non-defeatable traction control on the late build SVTF's.
He sent me a unit for no charge to test out some different parameters for him.
Unfortunately, we never did get it defeated so I sent the Diablo back to him.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:19 PM   #27
ch435
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 43770
What I Drive: 2005 sonic blue Saleen N2O

FF Reputation: 2 ch435 Good Standing Member
I voted FSWerks. I've had their tune on my car and have had no issues with it, and they got it to me very quickly.
Boosted Crew Member #3
Saleen Crew Member #2
Old 03-30-2010, 04:24 PM   #28
Earls32
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 46470
What I Drive: 2003 Silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 2 Earls32 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
I vote Tom. Remote tunning is also easy but it helps you learn alot about your car instead of just sticking it on the dyno and letting the tunner do it. Tom will actually go over the log with you down to the exact timestamp. Also dont let me leave out that if you ever get any extra mods his fee is a one time fee. He is quick and straight to the point. From personal experience Tom not only tunes my car but he will talk to you for hours about whatever you want to talk about. He has also stayed up numerous time till 1am tunning my car Just to get me home too see the wife. I would never go with anybody but Tom
Old 03-30-2010, 05:01 PM   #29
HaveBlue83

Fan#: 1358
What I Drive: a car

FF Reputation: 70 HaveBlue83 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
I have run a tune from BOTH Focus power and Mcnews.

Mcnews does good work but the hourly fee racks up QUICKLY. I have spent.......$1,300 with them. and i didn't finish the tune.

I have spent, what is it tom, $550?? for the F/I remote tuning. I am not yet finished but it's a good safe tune for what I have right now. The tuner and I would like to finish the tuning but we are both very busy people.

IF you have the time to get together during the week/ some weekends with Tom from F/P, go that route. IF you are close to Mcnews, try them. but if u sit on the dyno for 4 hours because of issues, you WILL pay like $400 for that TIME.

I have no experiance with Fwerks, or massive or others.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:13 PM   #30
2002red
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 34302
What I Drive: 2002 red sedan

FF Reputation: 3 2002red Good Standing Member
I've had three different custom tunes thru a SCT Xcal 2 on my car starting in 2005

1) Natural aspirated with race header & full exhaust, k&n intake, and 87 octane tuned by Randy @ FSWerks. Good gains in power, smooth idle, and no more hanging revs. Overall good experience.

2) FS-VF vortech supercharged stg2 - 93 octane - tuned by Randy @ FSWerks. Again smooth power and torque curves. Drove for nearly two years with many auto-x races, no issues. Another good experience.

3) FS-VF vortech stg 3 (intercooled) - 93 octane- tuned by Randy @ FSWerks. Tuning was done recently, very few miles driven since, but so far so good.

I have no experience with any other Focus tuners ... FSWerks has treated me very well with remote tuning.
Zetec Crew #83
02 sedan ---> now an SC'd se. Now intercooled 201whp & 186wtq on 93 octane

Hey -- we don't know nothing about kids. So if you need something... Find it yourself. Or better yet, learn to do without.

Bookmarks & Social Networks