tune ,who to go with - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Focus Tuning Chat

Focus Tuning Chat Discuss performance tuning options for your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: WHOS TUNE
toms tune 177 62.77%
fswerks 73 25.89%
other: who did it? pros/cons 32 11.35%
Voters: 282. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2010, 10:07 AM   #11
IslandFocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 22161
What I Drive: 2000 Imperial Blue Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 3 IslandFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Well, this was a tough one for me seeing as though I've had good tuning experiences with both FSW and F-P.

My first setup was an all motor setup with a FocusSport head package with Kent cams and all of the bolt ons. Randy did the tuning for this setup and as far as I can remember it was pretty good.

My second setup was a FocusSport supercharger Stage 3 kit running about 11psi or so and Randy also did the tuning on this kit as well. This tune was also pretty good. Both this tune and the all motor tune was done with a draw-though MAF setup.

My current setup is a custom Xios turbo kit with a F-P built motor running up to 18psi on the street and up to 25psi at the track, Ford Racing intake manifold and a lot of other goodies. This kit is tuned by Tom and we are in the process of upgrading to a bigger turbo very soon. I am very happy with the tune. BTW, all of my tuning was done remotely because I live in the Bahamas but I will be on the dyno shortly.

Now it's kind of difficult to compare the tunes between Randy and Tom because they were on completely different setups and it's been a while since I've had Randy's tune. However, I do remember the car idling better when I switched from the Supercharger to Turbo setup and went from draw-though to blow-through MAF. Can't really say for sure if it's because of the hardware of software (tune) though. Overall, I very pleased with how the car is running now with the current tune and look forward to pushing the car to 500whp with my new turbo. I have had many changes with my current setup and all of my adjustments were done FREE of charge by Tom and I am very greatful for that. I sometimes feel bad for using up so much of his time tuning my car.........especially after giving me such a good deal on the initial tuning cost WAY BACK in the day. Also, the continuous support when I need to ask questions is invaluable. Another thing I like about Tom is that he tends to tune on the safe side and that's always a plus in my books

OH, I gave Tom my vote.......for the said reasons.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2010, 10:12 AM   #12
Rafal
Focus Addict

Fan#: 73222
What I Drive: 2005 Beige ZX4 SE

FF Reputation: 2 Rafal Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I like FSwerks they seems to know what there are doing. Im actually getting ready to drop 2k with them soon ;)
Old 03-30-2010, 10:16 AM   #13
Roushturboedzx3
I Fab Too Much

Fan#: 42814
What I Drive: 2002 Liquid Gray ZX3

Points 14,483, Level 78
Points: 14,483, Level: 78 Points: 14,483, Level: 78 Points: 14,483, Level: 78
Level Up 9% Completed
Level up: 9% Level up: 9% Level up: 9%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 20 Roushturboedzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
Toms remote tuning for me. :)))))

One of the big plus's for me was that when you pay for Toms remote tune you get free updates. As in my situation i completely changed my whole turbo setup basically and when i put the new setup on i didnt have to pay the 450-550 to have my setup tuned again i just got on aim with Tom and we started tuning. Toms really easy to get ahold of if you ever have any questions or if you need anything looked over or changed. The drivability on my car is spot on, litterally runs like a stock car just with more power ;), Also I can tell you on my car Tom tune has been really good, every monday, wednesday, saturday, and sunday night it literally gets beat the crap out of and its still together ( somehow lol ) but i will not be going to another tuner.
I may not be the baddest, but the baddest dont Fu** with me
Old 03-30-2010, 10:19 AM   #14
Rafal
Focus Addict

Fan#: 73222
What I Drive: 2005 Beige ZX4 SE

FF Reputation: 2 Rafal Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roushturboedzx3 View Post
Toms remote tuning for me. :)))))

One of the big plus's for me was that when you pay for Toms remote tune you get free updates. As in my situation i completely changed my whole turbo setup basically and when i put the new setup on i didnt have to pay the 450-550 to have my setup tuned again i just got on aim with Tom and we started tuning. Toms really easy to get ahold of if you ever have any questions or if you need anything looked over or changed. The drivability on my car is spot on, litterally runs like a stock car just with more power ;), Also I can tell you on my car Tom tune has been really good, every monday, wednesday, saturday, and sunday night it literally gets beat the crap out of and its still together ( somehow lol ) but i will not be going to another tuner.
It might be a stupid question or my laziness but is there a web side that you can go to check what Toms got to offer??
Old 03-30-2010, 10:23 AM   #15
norcalfocus01
Registered

Fan#: 55603
What I Drive: White N Gold 2001 Sedan

FF Reputation: 132 norcalfocus01 Excellent Standing Member norcalfocus01 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
^^^ Yes there is...http://www.focus-power.com/view.php?showme=Home
Old 03-30-2010, 10:28 AM   #16
Roushturboedzx3
I Fab Too Much

Fan#: 42814
What I Drive: 2002 Liquid Gray ZX3

Points 14,483, Level 78
Points: 14,483, Level: 78 Points: 14,483, Level: 78 Points: 14,483, Level: 78
Level Up 9% Completed
Level up: 9% Level up: 9% Level up: 9%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 20 Roushturboedzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafal View Post
It might be a stupid question or my laziness but is there a web side that you can go to check what Toms got to offer??
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalfocus01 View Post
The website is pretty outdated he working on getting a new one up, but its better to PM him 1turbofocus
I may not be the baddest, but the baddest dont Fu** with me
Old 03-30-2010, 10:33 AM   #17
Juantron
Focus Addict

Fan#: 56983
What I Drive: '03 SVT-5

FF Reputation: 3 Juantron Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Tom's tune here. Got an N/A tune from him and will be getting a F/I dyno tune from him as soon as I can get the blower installed!
Old 03-30-2010, 10:56 AM   #18
focusman502
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 74036
What I Drive: 2003 Black Ford Focus ZX3

Points 66, Level 1
Points: 66, Level: 1 Points: 66, Level: 1 Points: 66, Level: 1
Level Up 32% Completed
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 focusman502 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thumbs up Tom's tunes!!!!!!

I DEF choose Tom's Tunes. He has worked with me weeks straight on getting my focus running smoothly and advised me on all the mods and requirements that i should get. His tune has made my car run so smooth and has great torque and power, also i know its running safetly because he told me what to watch out for.
Thank You Tom
Old 03-30-2010, 11:04 AM   #19
tetra
pwned

Fan#: 60621
What I Drive: 2009 Black Clearcoat SES Sedan

Points 13,912, Level 76
Points: 13,912, Level: 76 Points: 13,912, Level: 76 Points: 13,912, Level: 76
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 10 tetra Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Tom's tune on my brand new 2009.
No problems and definite increase in power in conjuction with my mods!
Old 03-30-2010, 11:12 AM   #20
UnFocusedST
Fear the TurboSnail!

Fan#: 40342
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Focus ST

Points 6,154, Level 51
Points: 6,154, Level: 51 Points: 6,154, Level: 51 Points: 6,154, Level: 51
Level Up 2% Completed
Level up: 2% Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Forum Activity 13%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%
FF Reputation: 13 UnFocusedST Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
I'll have to go with Toms tuning. Heres my reason. As some of you know my first tune was with DB performance. Really crappy piece of work there. At 3K rpms the rpms would hesitate, at 5K+ the power would fall off. I then got talking to tom. After the first couple hours of datalogging and sending a file or two over e-mail my car was running alot better. It was drivable again. We didn't start working on being able to boost until a couple days after that. SCT had a bug is the software he was able to work out. After that was fix we got into boosting my car. The power is so much better. I can pull all the way to redline (factory rev limiter). The hardest part of the entire datalogging was me trying to hook up my AEM wideband to my Xcal 3.
Team Duratec #17
Hatch Nation #17
Midwest Crew #55
Boosted Crew #118

Bookmarks & Social Networks