tune ,who to go with - Page 14 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Focus Tuning Chat

Focus Tuning Chat Discuss performance tuning options for your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: WHOS TUNE
toms tune 177 62.77%
fswerks 73 25.89%
other: who did it? pros/cons 32 11.35%
Voters: 282. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2011, 06:05 PM   #131
focallocal
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 75592
What I Drive: 2005 Cloud 9 White ZX3 SE

FF Reputation: 1 focallocal Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I second the above. After procrastinating about getting a tune and dropping the dough on it, I decided on Tom's tune, partially due to the free updates as I am consistently wanting to add more bolt-ons. I recently received THREE tunes from Tom, and he didn't charge any extra for them. I received a normal 87 tune, a performance 93 tune, and an 87 mpg tune that he has been working on. I have an ATX, so the increase in shift pressures was a big improvement from the factory slush box. Throttle response is much more defined, and the rpm fluctuation that was ever present during the 35-40 mph acceleration is now gone. Haven't had it enough to determine any mpg gains, but I've only had time to try the 87, and I'll tell ya, I can't wait to plug in the 93!

We also had a problem getting my vehicle to accept the program from the SCT X3. Tom stayed on the line with SCT tech support for HOURS trying to get it sorted out. He never complained once and had a great attitude. He's also a really nice guy to just sit around and talk cars with! I'll post back with my results from the mpg tune once the ECU stabilizes and re-learns from the reset, and also what I experience with the 93 performance tune, but from what I've experienced, I can only imagine it would be phenomenal! Tom's tune FTW!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2011, 12:01 PM   #132
metalmania31
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 84991
What I Drive: 2001 Blue Ford Focus SE 2.0L DOHC

FF Reputation: 1 metalmania31 Good Standing Member
I couldn't vote in the poll, but I just loaded Tom's tune and I had an issue with the 1-2 shift being kinda harsh, but it worked itself out after driving it around. It definitely made a big difference. I feel like I can pass again. My other car a 03 Crown Vic has a tune as well and I missed that while I'm the Focus. My Crown Vic was in an accident so I had to drive the Focus, but also with gas going up I had to start driving the Focus to save some money.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:34 PM   #133
disciplerocks
Pushrods

Fan#: 59330
What I Drive: 04 ZX3, 12 Hatch

FF Reputation: 13 disciplerocks Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Edited

Last edited by disciplerocks; 08-08-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:59 PM   #134
Buickboy
br/o/stang

Fan#: 28542
What I Drive: 72 Skylark, '12 Mustang

FF Reputation: 39 Buickboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
Im starting the tuning process with Tom. So far so good! Hes been great with answering my noob questions and is pretty fast with getting back to me. I have a feeling my base tune is very safe (12:1 AFR @ WOT). The car idles REALLY nice now, where that was a rough spot with my old FS tune that was before I installed the cossie which is to be expected lol. Car is safe, but lacking a little power so far but this isnt just a I/H/E job so thats ok until the real tuning begins. Will connect my wideband to my xcal this weekend and do real logging.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:35 PM   #135
LouBomb
It was all a DREAM!

Fan#: 32545
What I Drive: A magical pony by the name of Sally

FF Reputation: 9 LouBomb Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
My vote is for Tom, my car got screwed by APG performance in Illinois Tom fixed what he needed to get my baby running and now im in love again lol

ONCE AGAIN TOM YOUR THE MAN! AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE! TRUST ME IF YOU WANT IT DONE RIGHT GO WITH TOM!

Formely IMPORTKILLA35
Focus Revolution Club--Hatch Nation
Old 07-30-2011, 07:34 PM   #136
vaboom123
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 73667
What I Drive: 2003 Euro Highlighter

FF Reputation: 1 vaboom123 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I tried FSWerks at first because Tom had his units on back order. I went with the Xcal3 unit for the svtf and was full of excitement to load the custom tune on my car. With the stock FSWerks 93 oct tune the car ran horrible. It would bog and have zero power. Not a big deal because every car is different. I went through a few different tunes and found one that was pretty decent. I decided to give it a try for a while and see how the car ran.

After I ran the tune for a month or two there was an issue with the hot start. I contacted FSWerks, but really didn't get any where. I offered to datalog and send it to them. I wasn't sure if there was something wrong with the tune or the car. Didn't really get anywhere with that and asked Tom to take a look. He was very kind and offered a test tune. I loaded the tune and the car was like a different animal. Now I'm spending more cash, but at least I'll have a good tune.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:41 PM   #137
aTm Beaner
Focus Addict

Fan#: 21542
What I Drive: 2005 Ford Focus ST

FF Reputation: 5 aTm Beaner Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
FSWerks FTW!!!! I see FSWerks very much like I see Cobb Tuning. Both are kings of email tunes, and both have great customer service and stand behind their product.
TEAM DURATEC #512 ST CREW #100
2005 Ford Focus ZX4 ST
Focus Sport Cool-Flo v.1, Focus Racing Cat-Back w/ Magnaflow HFC, F2 Header, Focus Sport Tune 93 Octane, Saleen Suspension Kit, Rota Slips 16x7
Old 07-31-2011, 02:16 PM   #138
Blackhatch01
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 67285
What I Drive: 2001 Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Blackhatch01 Good Standing Member
I plan on tuning in the near future and from what ive heard. There are two to stick with Tom's tune or FSWerks. Tom uses the FSwerks on some tunes. So I plan on using the FSwerks because 1. Tom uses it 2) I can tune it myself (learing experiance) 3)live wire somes with preloaded tunes 4) I can reset the Ecu back to stock 5) Ican sell the tuner and get some of my money back. Maybe Tom can even give some tips :)
Old 07-31-2011, 05:16 PM   #139
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
To clear a few things up , Tom doesnt us fs on ANYTHING , I sell the SCT xcal3 flasher

I sell CUSTOM TUNING I do not sell the 3015 xcal3 that comes with the preloaded tunes like my competition , If you get a xcal from me you get a CUSTOM tune and you get FREE NA updates as you add more NA mods

I do not charge for looking over your datalogs , You can get a 87 , 91 , 93 all customed tuned to your mods and as many tunes as you need all FREE

I can take over you PC and get your datalogging set up for you and show you how to datalog and save and send the logs just like I was sitting there

There is no other Focus tuning shop that offers this lever of customer service and this level of tuning .

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 08-01-2011, 04:32 PM   #140
Blackhatch01
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 67285
What I Drive: 2001 Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Blackhatch01 Good Standing Member
I misworded my statement fswerks being the sct xcal or sct livewire avaliable on FSwerks.

Bookmarks & Social Networks